Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 27 Mar 2007, 01:06 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Default Jack Johnson

Playing in his first NHL game for the Kings this Thursday, vs. the Canucks. I've been looking forward to seeing this young gun play in the NHL ever since I saw him play for Team USA in the World Jr's a couple of years ago.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports/ci_5528039

Top Prospects
(Hockeyfutures.com)

1. Evgeni Malkin
2. Kari Lehtonen
3. Erik Johnson
4. Jack Johnson
5. Ryan Getzlaf
6. Gilbert Brule
7. Cam Ward
8. Alexander Semin
9. Patrick O'Sullivan
10. Nicklas Backstrom

Picture Courtesy of www.nhl.ru

Name: Jack Johnson
Position: D
Shoots: Left
Height: 6-1
Weight: 206 lbs
Birthdate: 1987-01-13
Hometown, State: Faribault, Minnesota

Jack Johnson
Prospect Grade: 8.5 B
Profile Contributed By: Jeff Dahlia

History

Jack Johnson came into the spotlight while spending two years at Shattuck-St. Mary’s prep school, where he played with his good friend and future phenom, Sidney Crosby. He went on to play with the U.S. NTDP during the 2003-04 season. He continued with Hockey USA and the development program for 2004-05 where he was among the best defenders in the system for the second year running and led all defensemen in scoring during that span. Johnson has also seen international competition, playing in the 2004 IIHF World U-18 Championships in Minsk, Russia. Over the course of the 2004-05 season, he helped Team USA to commanding tournament sweeps at the Five Nations Tournament, Compuware Four Nations Cup and the U-18 2005 IIHF World Under-18 Championships.

Talent Analysis

For his age, Johnson has a tremendous amount of skill and ability, which makes him so sought after. He is a slick defenseman who moves well with or without the puck. His stick-handling ability is well above average. He plays with an edge and will not back down to aggressors, but will not seek out trouble. He does extremely well defending in his own zone and reads the attack very well. Johnson plays a very tight and functional game and stifles opposition more often than not. Johnson has above average offensive instincts, a good shot selection from the point and a great wrist shot.
Unread 27 Mar 2007, 01:55 PM
Resident Limey

Quite a useful singer/songwriter as well. A bit cheesy for my tastes, but the missus likes him.
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Unread 27 Mar 2007, 02:03 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mc View Post
Quite a useful singer/songwriter as well. A bit cheesy for my tastes, but the missus likes him.
I'm just going to guess here - and say this is a different Jack Johnson then the one you are thinking of.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 27 Mar 2007, 02:24 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofdeath View Post
I'm just going to guess here - and say this is a different Jack Johnson then the one you are thinking of.

Excellent guess. Give the man a Kewpie Doll.
Unread 27 Mar 2007, 02:41 PM
Got Xbox One?

Hey,

When ever I see that name I think of Anchorman The Legend Of Ron Burgundy, when he says...

"You do not take a tone with me 'cause I will give you rap right on the Jack Johnson."

Unread 28 Mar 2007, 07:15 AM
Resident Limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofdeath View Post
I think you're right, my bad.

/note to self:- must remember to use irony/sarcasm font more often, Resident Limey tag isn't prominent enough here.....

Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.