Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 26 Apr 2010, 09:12 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
No1 is happpier to see the Lakers lose. Portland is only "inferior" because they are a #6 seed, hobbled Roy, Pryzbilla out, Oden a bust, and many more injuries. Having said that...at full strength I still like the make-up of the Suns better. What would the Blazers be like if healthy. More important how much better with Durant instead of the 90 yr old flasher.

Roy is absolutely awesome.

I watched the play in question several times. Batun was jawing with Frye (no where close) and as he was walking one way and looking the other Hill walked by and Amare was just standing there in everyone's way putting his goggles on. Batun adjusted to avoid Hill and walked right into Amare's right elbow. If not for him getting riled up at Frye it may have been a oopsie. Instead he turned and 2 hand shoved Amare who didnt even acknowledge him. Just walked toward the bench like what is going on? Whole thing was a misunderstanding and they review it all. If Amare did anything wrong he would have been reprimanded. I would be the first to admit it. Under the hoop when he retaliated with the elbow swing he was WRONG! Aldridge was upset with him and swung a few pork chops to the rib and kidney area and Amare got pissed and lost his head. Same game they hi-lowed him, Howard almost scalped him, and Miller came with 2 flying knees accross the lane. ESPN said no way u come at a guy like that unless it is premeditated. They are obviously trying to neutralize him.

Been a better than expected series. You're right it doesnt matter if 1 or 29 points. Suns will rectify that. Would be surprised if it goes 7 still. But the upside is there. But the current team cannot go deep in the playoffs. Suns may not either. But right now who looks good in the wild wild west? Spurs? Jazz? Suns and Lakers are waffling.
Jazz are hobbled too. No Okur...No AK-47, they're beating a favored Nuggets team...the Spurs are a savvy team taking down a favored Mavs team..should be some interesting matchups in the next round.
Unread 26 Apr 2010, 11:02 PM
Coach

I actually had Spurs advancing but Utah banged up had little chance to me. Denver has played horrible. Portland hasnt missed a shot. Up 18-4 LOL
Now 23-9...Ah the Suns. They like to start off slow. Where is the run?

You play the Suns you get BURNED!!
Unread 26 Apr 2010, 11:15 PM
Coach

16-2 run for Suns and like that it's tied. Great to be a Suns fan. But you better have a full stomach. 25-25
Unread 26 Apr 2010, 11:39 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
Easily one of THE most homer descriptions of a situation I have seen in a long long time. I'm not even going to bother to pick it apart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG4blUbquOo

LMFAO Orren are u serious? if not u made me laugh. Here is a youtube from a Blazers fan who agrees with u. All the comments say different. Remeber Amare has his glasses on his head. Goggles. He is going to his spot for the FTs. Batun shot flagrant and now has 2 reg FTs left.

Just watch it 1 or 2 times. If u still say Amare did it on purpose I will accept it and move on. I already admitted his retaliatory elbow was stupid and he went to his coach and put his arm around him and listened to cool it. If he connected he could of ruined our whole deal.
Unread 26 Apr 2010, 11:56 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

you mean the guy who titled the video you're linking "Amare Stoudemire Intentionally Elbows Nic Batum's Injured Shoulder"

I don't even care...it's never been a big deal...other than you talking like it's been all the Blazers being chippy.....

and just a tidbit re the rules and situation?
On a flagrant, there ARE no 'regular' free throws and flagrant free throws....a flagrant is automatically 2 free throws and the ball....Batum had just finished the 2 free throws........so Amare was walking to get in place for the Blazers to take the ball out and had no reason to walk where he did...with or without glasses..

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 27 Apr 2010, 12:03 AM
Coach

You're right he should have stayed near the 3pt line to guard Roy.

For some reason I thought he shot a tech and then had 2 reg FTs. So he shot the 2 FTs and Amare was heading to the post to guard Aldridge. Really not a big deal but I admitted IMO he was out of line with the flying elbow after JA banged him a bit hard. But IMO this situation was not Amare being out of line. Several of the comments ask the poster if this was a joke and called them whiners. I think Portland has shown a lot of heart to get this far. Durant would look good with Roy eh?
Unread 27 Apr 2010, 01:16 AM
Coach

Now tonight the Suns are getting some ticky tacks called on Portland. Blazers are in foul trouble down 17. Howard and Roy didnt even do much to get a few of the calls.

I heard on the radio the conspiracy to make series go 7 games. But OKC blew out LA. Funny though games 1 and 2 LA shot high 27 FTs in LA but in OKC got only 12. Refs need to be same home or away. Suns shoot a lot of 3s so they should not get many FTs besides Amare. Durant is heard to of getting Jordan/Lebron treatment already. I would hope after the shenanagans of a Tim Donaghy the refs would ve letter perfect. But numbers are numbers. Hard to argue. Been good playoffs. Thought Bobcats would win 1 at least.

Unread 27 Apr 2010, 01:30 AM
Coach

WOW what a turn-a-round. 24-9 Blazers to start. Suns out score 82-44 since. But like you said 30 or 1 a win is a win. Game 6 will have that loud Rose Garden crowd. One thing for sure. Nash and Amare sit out the 4th quarter. Wolfy no matter who wins we gotta cheer the winner on.

If Portland takes next 2 I will root for them to be Cinderella on out.

Night Night. See u in game 6. My posting barrage is over. I watched tonight at home.
Unread 30 Apr 2010, 12:30 AM
Coach

Bayless is KILLIN u guys. 1 on 3 and poor decisions. Orren question. Play Portland coach with me. All Suns early then Amare gets 2 fouls. Nash has career high 6 TOs in 1st qtr. Sits next 20 mins. Him and Amare out and Suns increase lead from 2 to 12 pts at half. Nash gets in 3 mins left but they really do not improve. Do u:

A: Let Bayless and Roy force the action.

B: Have Miller penetrate and kick out to Fernandez or Webster

C: Get the ball to Aldridge and attack the paint

D: Drive it toward whoever Amare is covering and get him back on bench

Curious as you know this team. Roy not 100% and Bayless is a joke.
IMO I would run the offense thru Miller/Aldridge. Bayless and Fernandez would spot up for 3s and Camby muscle for 2nd chances and stops. Suns will let you back in but only if you are patient and pound them low. Make Amare defend and rebound. Your thoughts?

Also I like the tempo of course. Where is the timeouts that they were calling to squall Suns tempo? I didnt like it when Barbosa did it. But Bayless flops on every offensive and defensive possession. I must tell you he is a U of A guy and I am an ASU guy so I already hated him. ALthough I like Frye! Wanted to pick your brain at halftime to see what your thoughts are. I am home with the girls so need some guy convo. U think the Blazers can come back? Honestly the way Nash is playing I would let Dragic start the 2nd half. He played under control. Nash looks a bit tired. Control JRich and get Amare in fould situ and they definitely can come back.
Unread 30 Apr 2010, 01:24 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

when guys like JRich go unconscious, not a lot you can do regardless of who's on the floor

haven't been happy to see some of the ticky tack fouls called late in an important game.....and the non calls...including the one that just happened against Roy where Hill hit him then Dudley got a clean block

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 30 Apr 2010, 01:40 AM
Coach

Didnt see Hill but thought Roy created the contact and saw Dud's block. Regardless you have to love the effort. To even force a game 6 and get the maximum games at home for the series is a big deal. Thought our Coach gambled resting Nash and Jrich until the 5 min mark. I know he wants to rest for Spurs but does he have to wait until it was tied?

I PRAY we beat the Spurs. Cant stomach losing to Red Wings and Spurs same year. Bad enough seeing Yankees and Lakers win it all in the same year after a long drought. I almost died then.

Good for the Suns though. In the tough West got #3 seed and now if Utah or DEN can beat the Lakers the Suns can host throughout the West.

I see Utah advancing in game 6 against the banged up Nuggies. Hope OKC can force a game 7. Even then I dont see the NBA letting them lose at home. Dont want to hurt their ratings.

Any1 think Boston can rekindle the luck of the Irish against the Cavs?
Unread 01 May 2010, 05:56 AM
GO STEELERS!

It's a possibility I might change this competition up next year (and make it more like the hockey one), but that's a year away. Not to mention a Lakers Championship to celebrate.

Nonetheless, here's our first update for the competition. I understand that the point totals are low, but that should change in the later rounds, there are 55 points total. The score in the parentheses show the total possible for future rounds.

Leaderboard ------ Completion of games on April 30th

1….bballjer44.…….….….…6 points (54 possible)

1….bobbums27..……..…….6 points (51 possible)
1….carpetman……......….…6 points (51 possible)
1.....da beast..........................6 points (54 possible)
1.....h20guy...........................6 points (54 possible)
6….coachcurry ……….......5 points (20 possible)
6.....rich76.............................5 points (45 possible)
6.....sitewolf..........................5 points (45 possible)
6.....troyb911.........................5 points (53 possible)
10...six24...............................4 points (49 possible)
10...hork................................4 points (49 possible)
12...rizzo................................3 points (48 possible)
NBA comp 2010.xls (62.5 KB, )
Unread 15 May 2010, 02:31 AM
GO STEELERS!

Here's an updated leaderboard through the second round. Congrats to bobbums27 for being the only person to predict a Celts upset (over the Cavs). The competition is far from over, anything can still happen...stay tuned...

Leaderboard ------ Completion of games on May 14th

1….bobbums27..……..…….16 points (51 possible)
1.....da beast..........................16 points (51 possible)
1.....h20guy...........................16 points (51 possible)
4.....troyb911.........................15 points (50 possible)
5….bballjer44.…….….……13 points (23 possible)
5….carpetman……......….…13 points (18 possible)
7.....sitewolf..........................12 points (12 possible)
7….coachcurry …….…........12 points (12 possible)
9.....hork................................11 points (41 possible)
10...rizzo...............................10 points (15 possible)
11.....rich76.............................9 points (9 possible)
12...six24................................7 points (37 possible)
NBA comp 2010.xls (65.5 KB, )
Unread 15 May 2010, 07:04 AM
Coach

BS it isnt over. Da Beast picked EXACT same teams all the way through as I did and even took Suns to win it all and Amare for MVP. Only difference is I had Miami beating the Celtics and he had it correct. So I am officially done.
Unread 03 Jun 2010, 05:03 PM
GO STEELERS!

So the NBA finals start tonight, and the way things look is that it's between bobbums27 and h20guy. If Boston wins the Championship then Bobbums27 wins, if the Lakers win then so do I. Good luck to Bobbums27 and the Celtics.

Leaderboard ------ Completion of games on May 14th

1…....bobbums27..……..…….23 points (48 possible)
2........h20guy...........................21 points (46 possible)
3...….bballjer44.…….….……18 points (18 possible)
3…....carpetman……......….…18 points (18 possible)
5........hork................................16 points (41 possible)
5........da beast..........................16 points (16 possible)
7…....rizzo................................15 points (15 possible)
7.......troyb911..........................15 points (15 possible)
9.......sitewolf............................12 points (12 possible)
9…...coachcurry ……...….......12 points (12 possible)
9.......six24................................12 points (37 possible)
12.....rich76................................9 points (9 possible)

NBA comp 2010.xls (66.5 KB, )