Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 03 Jun 2020, 08:07 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I'm getting to the point of speechless in all this. There are so many layers of CRAP in every direction.

Why did Trump need to be making his church visit when he did and if he did why were protesters not made aware of it before tear gas was used to move them out?

If peaceful protesters don't want to be associated with the rioting, then maybe be sure your protest sends before the rioting begins...after dark. Maybe that retired st louis police chief wouldn't have died last night.

I get so tired of feeling like the black community is yelling at me, while I didn't cause the problem, I'm not part of the problem, and I can't fix the problem. They don't like the perception they are all lumped together with the gang violence, the black on black violence, and all of that...but they lump us all together with the police and other racism.

No, this isn't about Floyd, he's just the symbol for change. We do need change. But that change goes in all directions, between all races.

But what is the end game...right now? Whatever changes are to be made can't be fixed by two weeks of protests. Whatever changes are to be made are only made tougher with the rioting, looting, and senseless killing. I'm fearful of what new tragedy has to happen before the protests stop.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 03 Jun 2020, 10:41 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

usually. in the movies.... a hostile outer world invasion forces the human race to realise they are all meat Popsicles and all taste exactly the same....regardless of colour.

....but people are stupid :/
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 03 Jun 2020, 11:02 AM
All Pro

I am mildly amused that the protesting and rioting have virtually taken all of the nation's focus off of the pandemic. Remember, the coronavirus that was supposed to kill everyone if they don't social distance? Remember police and governors cracking down on small business owners trying to reopen and churchgoers wanting to gather and worship? NO! NO! NO! They're going to spread the virus and kill millions!

Protestors/rioters (I am separating, not conflating the two groups) come together in mass gatherings of close contact, many without masks, and government leaders and police just stand by and let it happen. No arrests for violating social distancing rules.

Following the previous narrative of the apocalyptic virus destroying humanity as we know it, what good is this social change we are all fighting for if nobody will be around to survive and see it enacted?

Or wait, maybe the coronavirus isn't as scary as leaders originally made it out to be and maybe the lockdowns/quarantines were in fact, quite overblown and unnecessary.

Of course, I could be wrong. This is just my cynical side musing about how the political climate seems to change on a whim.

Thoughts?

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 04 Jun 2020, 07:47 AM
JSAdmin

Could you imagine the screams if white officers started arresting blacks...for not social distancing during tense protests?!

I don't think it's lost on them that the pandemic continues...and guaranteed we'll see increases in the virus in these cities.....but unless it's a spike, we won't know if the protesting contributed.

Funny tho, a couple weeks ago police were among the first responders being cheered for being out there during the outbreak

Seeing Biden suck up this time like he has a history of race reform is bordering nauseating, too.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 05 Jun 2020, 10:00 AM
Head Coach

For those of you who think only a Democrat can despise the way Trump treats practically everyone and boasts of his immense knowledge and best of everything....
I consider myself a moderate who benefits financially from more Republican policies then Democratic policies. Being in management the second half of my career and seeing firsthand the discrepancy in compensation and as it grows worse every year I support many Democratic policies. There needs to be compromise concerning what is considered "entitlement", "aid", "assistance", "rights", etc.
I have lived in a Republican county for 45 years now and have voted probably over 90% Republican during that time at the county level. At the state level probably more like 75%, but I have not voted for a Democratic governor in a couple decades considering the number of them sent to jail in Illinois.

(Side note, the WHOLE state is furious at Trump for pardoning Dem. Blagojevich. Multiple counts of shakedowns - a school, a charity - he had no right stepping in. Since Trump doesn't listen to advisors he probably thought Blagojevich was only found guilt of trying to sell Obama's senate seat).

Nationally I have voted both ways for all offices based on the candidates and most important party policies at the time of each election. I also believe a divided congress was the only way to get fair legislature. Lately that means no legislature, or one-sided legislature for what the senate or house can control without the other.

Generals Mathis (Trump hired), Allen finally speaking out. Esper (Trump promoted) walking back the walk. Republican Sassy deplored the church walk, and Murkowski is now saying she may not support Trump in November.

Trump has declared multiple times he can do anything he wants. Not fake news, I have seen it live on TV. Many court cases his lawyers are not defending what he has done, but arguing a President cannot be prosecuted. And even worse they are arguing a President cannot be investigated.

In a tweet a couple days ago Trump congratulated himself concerning stopping the protests in DC. Who publicly thank themselves?

So quit defending what an egotistical a*****e Trump is by using hate for Obama or for Democrats as an excuse for a President that cares for no one but himself.
Unread 05 Jun 2020, 02:19 PM
All Pro

What I really don't understand is the call to "defund the police". I've heard/seen this in multiple venues. Is this literally a call for NO LAW ENFORCEMENT? Every man for himself? Vigilante justice? This is the only outcome of such a policy that I can envision.

Or is there some other benefit of having a country without police that I'm just not seeing?

Or do they perhaps not want to be taken seriously?

I just don't get it. Where I live, police are our celebrated heroes.

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 05 Jun 2020, 04:38 PM
GM

Some would only defund part of the police such as having police officers in schools. This is part of it is not a good idea to have guns in schools.

How many protests were police not even really present. I can think of more than one. Part of it can be protecting the officers when they would be overwhelmed by the sheer number of people involved. The best example of this was when the 3rd precinct police building was partly burned in Minneapolis.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 05 Jun 2020, 04:47 PM
JSAdmin

the U of Minnesota just dropped their contract with the local police department with plans to hire their own....I'm sure there'll be more of that

funding in general will be difficult if it's not directed towards retraining

57 Buffalo officers pull out of the Emergency Response team (not the force) over those officers being suspended for pushing a 75 yr old man to the ground (no idea why they'd do that...or maybe that was a last straw in the 'I don't want to be here right now' category)

Lots o' crazy going on.....none more so than Trump at this point.

Holding a Bible upside down in what sure looked like more stunt than anything was one thing...........but my gawd, did he really just say 'This is a great day for George Floyd' at his memorial?! Yeah, great Don, he's enjoying it immensely.

Unread 08 Jun 2020, 11:51 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
bullschitt.........they were using smoke grenades. Give it a rest. You (nor anyone else) ever complained about oblamers 100's of photo ops.
Yesterday US AG Bill Bair on national television confirmed they used tear gas.
Unread 08 Jun 2020, 11:55 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Trump is his own biggest enemy.
he is not handling the BLM unrest well at all.
from here it appears he disagrees with the slogan.
to be fair...i think the slogan promotes even more unrest.
on the other hand, their message is important. (serious understatement)

now the NFL has climbed on board with a sort of acknowledgement.
Not sure what that does for the anthem now....but that's besides the point!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 08 Jun 2020, 12:32 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Yesterday US AG Bill Bair on national television confirmed they used tear gas.
was funny to watch him say it wasn't chemicals...while then saying basically that it was pepper spray mixed with...chemicals

and claim the timing had nothing to do with the president's walk to the church...while also saying he didn't even know about it, which I find amusing for him to say as well

Unread 08 Jun 2020, 12:43 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yon Beast View Post
Trump is his own biggest enemy.
he is not handling the BLM unrest well at all.
from here it appears he disagrees with the slogan.
to be fair...i think the slogan promotes even more unrest.
on the other hand, their message is important. (serious understatement)

now the NFL has climbed on board with a sort of acknowledgement.
Not sure what that does for the anthem now....but that's besides the point!
There's so many layers of crap going on alongside all the good.

As far as the anthem? At this point they may as well ALL kneel, at this point it HAS actually become a symbol.

But I was reading on a political forum where people were wondering where the All Lives Matter group is in all this, what were they doing to help, some even suggesting that was the group inciting the rioting.....umm, there IS no actual All Lives Matter group..and if there was, would blacks not be part of All?

No at this point it's become like getting behind gay marriage....if you aren't actively for it, you're against it. The problem is, the vast majority of people in this case are FOR change, have no problem thinking it's long past due for major changes. I have to wonder how latinos and other minorities feel about Black Lives Matter being painted on the street to the White House for example.

Seeing a 4 yr old walking down the street yelling No Justice No Peace....and another saying 'they don't treat black people good' kinda makes me cringe....because PART of the whole problem here (don't get me wrong, the primary problem is systemic racism) is how blacks train up their kids in relation to white people...with black kids often growing up thinking ALL white people are bad and shouldn't be trusted.

Unread 08 Jun 2020, 06:02 PM
Head Coach

A good article I read was a black woman columnist for the Chicago Tribune thanking the whites for joining the peaceful protests but explaining why that group is also a large part of the problem. Her explanation is this group of whites is all for change and join in the call when "something" happens. But a few months later all is forgotten, do nothing to help change, elect racists (not because they are but for other reasons), etc.