Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 04 Dec 2016, 07:07 PM
Back on page #1

Default Troy Aikman needs to leave

the broadcast booth. Instead of criticizing the steeler defender for intercepting the ball on 4th down, he praises Eli for trying to make something happen on 3rd down....hello, Troy, pay attention to the game.......isn't there a Keith Jackson or Curt Gowdy out there somewhere??????
Unread 04 Dec 2016, 07:32 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

the bad thing is.....he and Buck are Fox's #1 team....and among the most biased

...and it really does often get worse from there with guys like Ronde Barber..........one day they'll learn that ex-players may know football to commentate on, but that doesn't mean they left their biases on the field or didn't have too many blows to the head to form logical sentences

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 05 Dec 2016, 07:03 AM
GM

I have noticed in the last few seasons Troy Aikman has not been nearly as good at calling games as he was earlier on. I can't really pinpoint the reason for this except to say Troy has always focused on quarterbacks but it seems that he has done this more than ever the past couple of seasons. I mean Troy used to point out good plays by a defense he almost never does that much anymore but I must admit he and Joe Buck are actually my least favorite football broadcasting duo to listen to.

And one other thing to mention this has been going on for years now but for most good NFL teams they better have a darn good quarterback if they are going to be contenders for the super bowl. That is part of the reason broadcasters seem to focus more on the quarterback than the other 21 players on the field at one time. And yes this drives me crazy sometimes to.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 05 Dec 2016, 09:23 AM
Head Coach

Madden knew his time was up. I hope tv execs wake up and see many others need to go.
Unread 05 Dec 2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Madden knew his time was up. I hope tv execs wake up and see many others need to go.
And there ARE many.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 06 Dec 2016, 12:38 AM
Back on page #1

On 2nd thought, Gruden needs to go before Aikman. Monday night football has become unwatchable with him in the booth. Guess I yearn for the days when MNF was THE football to watch.
Unread 06 Dec 2016, 08:59 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmak View Post
On 2nd thought, Gruden needs to go before Aikman. Monday night football has become unwatchable with him in the booth. Guess I yearn for the days when MNF was THE football to watch.

Since they extended his contract last year I thought it was just me. He is #1 on my unbearable list.
Unread 10 Dec 2016, 01:11 AM
Hall of Famer

WHY, because he loves every player, still tries to coach from the booth, loves the game and watches too much film, and replace him with whom?

Maybe he can't stand to watch bad games which schedule dealt.

as far as Aikman can't stand him because he's a Cowboy, and that's in my blood, plus he;s a homer
Unread 10 Dec 2016, 02:16 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Location: Oak Harbor, WA (on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle)

Gruden is the worst. He is almost always critical of both teams and runs them down. He know football. I get that. That said, he rarely has a positive comment for any team on the field.
If you have never had the pleasure to hear Brock Huard, on ESPN NCAA games, you are missing out. He played with the Seahawks and Colts in the NFL and is a radio host in the Seattle market. He knows the game and calls it fairly. He can critically analyze a play, but usually does with positive comments. That is something Gruden can't seem to do. Huard covers mostly B level NCAA games but I would love to see him move up to A games or even the NFL. His voice is most welcome on Monday Night Football.
Unread 10 Dec 2016, 10:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runt View Post
Gruden is the worst.
My favorite "Grudenism" is the fact that he can never refer to any player to their current team. They are always "former [insert team]" ie: "Great play by Carson Palmer, the former Raider."

My MNF drinking game is to to drink anytime Gruden does that...you should be feeling fine by halftime....

[He refers to Tom Brady as the former Wolverine....]
Unread 11 Dec 2016, 08:26 AM

I've had enough of Collingsworth as well.........
Unread 11 Dec 2016, 08:35 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
I've had enough of Collingsworth as well.........
He was my favorite until this year. And now I wouldn't be upset to never hear him again.
Unread 11 Dec 2016, 08:56 AM

and although we are discussing "color men" I really think it's time for the douche known as Bob Costas should go away asap....tired of his injecting politics into sports...the very reason I rarely, if ever, watch espn anymore.
Unread 11 Dec 2016, 09:58 AM
GM

Well it seems some people are going to need alternatives for the super bowl next February because as a person may have guessed it will be Buck and Aikman on television.

Turn the sound way down on your television. Much of the time when I think about it I do this much more often than not nowadays.

Listen to the game on the radio. There may be times a person wants to see a particular play though and that of course can only be done by watching television. But even television sometimes does not even give a clear answer on certain plays such as pass interference.

Bonus tip if a person does not want to learn about this that and the other thing don't watch the pregame. Stories such as players triumph over their younger lives and other such stories are o.k. but they can be overly dramatic for no real reason. Then I am sure there will be some cliches about the actual game this running back is a great runner. Some of these pregame shows are almost as long as the game and even longer sometimes!

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 11 Dec 2016, 01:17 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Turn the sound way down on your television. Much of the time when I think about it I do this much more often than not nowadays.
I tried that for baseball and the radio was several seconds ahead of the tv. Did not like that at all.