Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Issues, Suggestions, and Requests
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Issues, Suggestions, and Requests Let us know of problems you're having with the site, suggestions on changes to make, and requests for new features.

Unread 02 Aug 2007, 09:57 AM
Prospect

Default New Stock Category

Orren,

Thank you for setting up the Bill Walsh Stock. I am wondering if we could set up a different stock category for people who have more money than they know what to do with.

There are many players that I am sure you have moved to the inactive list because they retired. Is it possible rather than putting stocks like Walsh into the regular lists that you would set up a Hall of Fame category. I don't know how hard that would be but stocks like Trucker's, Walsh's, MJ and others that people would want to have for various reasons could be located there. No dividends or projections would need to happen because they won't need them done or updated, unless you put up their career stats (which would be kind of cool). Don't know if that would work, but would you think about it and perhaps someone could help you with inputting stats to make it reality. It would be kind of cool to buy Gayle Sayers, Walter Payton, Marino, Gehrig, Ruth, Aaron, Lombardi, . . . . If a couple of stocks got added every month, then people could get what they want when they want and it would in someways like a collection for those of us with lots of money.

Just something to think about.

Thanks for all you do,

JT
Unread 02 Aug 2007, 03:33 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Default New Stock Category

Instead of "Hall of Fame" maybe the category could also include any retired players and special listing ie Walsh and others that you have been issued, that I/we currently own and have not sold could be moved to this listing.
Unread 06 Aug 2007, 09:47 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirds View Post
Instead of "Hall of Fame" maybe the category could also include any retired players and special listing ie Walsh and others that you have been issued, that I/we currently own and have not sold could be moved to this listing.
Yes, I think this could be any player. It could even be players outside of the realms of professional sports that perhaps have died or are inspirational. Pat Tillman's stock would be one that could be bought here. There was the gentleman who ran across Canada who had a prosthetic leg. Terry was his name (not sure if its first or last name) I think. While he didn't make it all the way across, he did it to raise awareness for a disease that I believe he suffered from. His goal was a marathon a day. That to me would be worth an IPO.

I don't think there should be 20-40 of these a month, but it should be at the discretion of the Admins based on requests and their time availability. I would like to see career stats given if applicable.

I just think this has some merit, so I thought I would bring up the idea.

JT
Unread 06 Aug 2007, 11:13 AM
4th Round Draft Pick

Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare29

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrthomson View Post
There was the gentleman who ran across Canada who had a prosthetic leg. Terry was his name (not sure if its first or last name) I think. While he didn't make it all the way across, he did it to raise awareness for a disease that I believe he suffered from. His goal was a marathon a day. That to me would be worth an IPO.

JT
His name was Terry. His last name was Fox. He ran to raise money for cancer research. This is taken from the following website:

http://www.terryfoxrun.org/english/home/default.asp?s=1

About Terry Fox
Terry Fox was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and raised in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, a community near Vancouver on Canada's west coast. An active teenager involved in many sports, Terry was only 18 years old when he was diagnosed with osteogenic sarcoma (bone cancer) and forced to have his right leg amputated 15 centimetres (six inches) above the knee in 1977.
While in hospital, Terry was so overcome by the suffering of other cancer patients, many of them young children, that he decided to run across Canada to raise money for cancer research.

He would call his journey the Marathon of Hope.

After 18 months and running over 5,000 kilometres (3,107 miles) to prepare, Terry started his run in St. John’s, Newfoundland on April 12, 1980 with little fanfare. Although it was difficult to garner attention in the beginning, enthusiasm soon grew, and the money collected along his route began to mount.
He ran 42 kilometres (26 miles) a day through Canada's Atlantic provinces, Quebec and Ontario.

It was a journey that Canadians never forgot.

However, on September 1st, after 143 days and 5,373 kilometres (3,339 miles), Terry was forced to stop running outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario because cancer had appeared in his lungs. An entire nation was stunned and saddened. Terry passed away on June 28, 1981 at age 22.

The heroic Canadian was gone, but his legacy was just beginning.

To date, more than $400 million has been raised worldwide for cancer research in Terry's name through the annual Terry Fox Run, held across Canada and around the world.

Unread 06 Aug 2007, 01:18 PM
Prospect

Thanks Nightmare. For people like that, I think they deserve an IPO commemorating what they did to improve life in general through athletics.

JT