Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 27 Jun 2007, 09:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Hork I apologize about the Pac-10 comment. I thought the smile would show it was a joke. I hope we can have fun and lighten up on each other's opinions.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 10:30 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
Not saying this 12 yr old is not good or wont become great. But if she is making the LPGA at 12 it says more to the bad field than anything.
....or maybe she's just good. Did you ever think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
i apologize for posting such a controversial topic. i just figured that it seemed like a major deal for any 12 yr old kid to be good enough to compete at the highest level in his/her respective game.

i only wanted to acknowledge her accomplishment and offer what i perceived was some merited kudos. i didn't mean to start a thread destined to devolve into yet again more tired and worn out bs.

i should have known better, and for that i apologize
Thanks for the post.

Quote:
Was it to give major props to the young one or just to make ANOTHER off-handed remark to attempt to belittle me. I agree Orren and why I fall for the childishness of the attempt....I can't help myself I guess. I thought I honestly gave my opinion and hope I can be given the opportunity to voice my opinion as do others without any reverb.
this is a sports website, right?

Troy, the thing is that your opinions are so off-based and controversial (whether they are your honest opinion or just said to create controversy) that they are BEGGING to be commented on. 1) You hate womens sports. You'll reply back and say you dont, and you want women to play at augusta, blah, blah, blah. But you consistently belittle womens sports. 2) you make idiotic comments like the current one in the Nascar thread about making them drive the Kotex car, ED car, or Gay Pride car. It might have been funny if I was still in JR. High school...not as a full grown adult. Disclaimer: The next comment is a "dig". I'm beginning to think THAT is your problem. That you haven't matured yet. The type of humor you try and use is suitable for high school or maybe college...but as a father? Come on. 3) Did you ever think that you may be alienating the women on this site? I realize we dont have that many women here in the first place, but how many of our regular women posters have you seen post in the past month....1. Just 1. Not to mention if we had any homosexuals on here as well...and yes, I said HAD.

I have tried to stay out of this for the past couple of weeks...this is just getting sickening and stupid.

I'm sorry if any of you find this post to be stupid and pointless and I'm sure some of you are thinking "why not just take this to a PM". Well, as Orren said in a thread a while back, Troy continues to take it here...so here is where it will stay.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpeter72 View Post
She did have to play two rounds of golf in order to qualify for the Open.

It is not like this opportunity was just given to her just because.

I just thought I should point this out and that is all I have to say about this matter.
She did shoot 2 rounds Peter...in the sectional qualifier in Florida.....she shot 71/72. The tournament is open to any woman that holds a USGA handicap index of 4.4 or less (1.4 or less for the men). It is called the OPEN for a reason......maybe too obvious for some.
Miss Thompson broke the record (previously held by Morgan Pressell) by being the youngest ever to qualify and play in the Womens U S Open. Many said the same thing (too young...what are her parents doing etc etc) about Pressell....all she did is win a major this year and got to a wordl ranking of 6 before she got out of her teens. All this says is that she is a terrific golfer..it says NOTHING about the state of women's golf....other than there a NUMBER of great young players breaking out and in. I listed some in a previous thread.

Thompsons caddy is her Dad.......and he is looking out for her very well from what I'm seeing. He's avoiding some interviews and shielding her form the deluge of press......keeping her focused and sticking to her schedule of preperation. She has an older brother that plays on the Nationwide tour.

I've played Pine Needles twice....it is a tremendous course and CAN be scored on if one's game is "on" It will not IMO be as brutal as some Opens. To give y'all an idea of how this course is viewed by the USGA, this is the 3rd time Pine Needles is hosting this event in (I THINK) the last 11 years.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Storm how was my comments about Nascar offensive to homosexuals? LOL If there was one that cheated they would have to drive the Tom Sellick car. I forwarded the "Joke" to a friend of mine who happens to play for the "Other team" and he said that it was funny and he liked the idea. I think the problem here is some of you try to be offended for other people for some reason. If I upset an islandgirl or claire or even oldstewball they will let me know. I dont HATE women sports at all. I very much enjoy gymnastics, volleyball, skating, a ton of olympic events. I enjoy their style of basketball fundamentally better. I am not impressed with the state of the WNBA but think it will improve. I am taking Taylor to daddy-daughter date night to see the Mercury. Diana to me is top 5 in the league. I agree some of my comments on here can be sophmoreish but hey it is a free fantasy site. We are not here to cure world hunger or cancer. You guys are too SERIOUS sometimes. The whole point of fantasy sports is to become a kid again. Take a break from the everyday grind of life. This is not the United Nations. It's Jockstocks. No offense Orren (Rep. from South Dakota)
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 05:35 PM
Hall of Famer

P.S. Rich, the look on that youngster's face is priceless. Fun to see someone play with joy in their heart. I need to reinterate that it is a TREMENDEOUS feat. I guess I didnt need to add on to that. I just like to ponder the bigger picture and it gets me into trouble.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 05:42 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Storm how was my comments about Nascar offensive to homosexuals? LOL
By implying that it would be a penatly to drive the "Gay Pride" car.

Quote:
I forwarded the "Joke" to a friend of mine who happens to play for the "Other team" and he said that it was funny and he liked the idea.
Of course you do and he did. You always have an "out" when it comes to these discussions.

Quote:
I think the problem here is some of you try to be offended for other people for some reason. If I upset an islandgirl or claire or even oldstewball they will let me know.
How do you know that? How do you know that they even want to speak to you, yet alone acknowledge you exist.

Quote:
I dont HATE women sports at all. I very much enjoy gymnastics, volleyball, skating, a ton of olympic events. I enjoy their style of basketball fundamentally better. I am not impressed with the state of the WNBA but think it will improve.
Then why do you consistenly degrade their sports?

Quote:
The whole point of fantasy sports is to become a kid again.
No its not. Its to enjoy sports on another level. Has nothing to do with "being a kid".