Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 15 Sep 2009, 12:48 PM
GM

So is there a need for health care reform?

Of course there is.

But I go back to my question that I have asked several times before what federal programs are run in an effective manner that are not without waste and abuse. And don't forget these two things cost a ton of money as well.

Even President Obama has talked about as president about one of the reasons this "reform" is necessary in the first place that there are in some cases to many unnecessary medical procedures and tests are being preformed. Is this the case when it comes to Medicare and Medicaid or not? This is an extremely important question because as I have mentioned before these are two examples of the feds already being a part of our health care system.

I must also mention the fact of a past reform of the congress as well and that is campaign finance "reform". Now a very important question a person must ask themselves about this is did the "reform" even come anywhere close to fixing the supposed problem or not?

P's plan to fix health care. Now this would never even be considered by the congress and I don't care who is in control of the two bodies because it is very simple in principle at least. Now I would never tax the rich because I know that money would actually never come to fruition and the main reason is there are so many ways a rich person can avoid paying taxes in the first place. But this is just for the sake of discussion I will be taxing the rich in my little plan.

Now my plan would have to include a Website like recovery.gov. That lists the various ways the stimulus money is being spent on from the stimulus package President Obama signed last February.

On this Website it would list the savings within the health care system itself such as getting rid of unnecessary medical tests and procedures and also taxing the rich as well. The actual dollar amounts would be listed on this new Website. And whatever that total is that amount of money that is saved and received from taxes can be used for the people that truly need health insurance for countless reasons are not able to do so currently. And no I am not talking about teenagers, or rich people such as Bill Gates as well. And don't even get me started on illegals. I would dare say these three groups of people alone are a significant portion of the people that don't have health insurance in the first place.

My plan is quite simple in nature and many things would have to worked out of course but if my plan were to be proposed in the congress I would dare say that it would have to be at least looked at. Well I take that back I must remember I am dealing with Washington and I don't have to repeat for the countless time my feelings about most of the people that work there and I could really care less if they have a D, R, or I next to their name. So I guess I will just have to live with my plan never seeing the halls of congress even though many people would agree with me at least that is something to be looked at but as the old saying goes and this is especially true when it comes to Washington that "the devil is in the details". That reminds me of something people may ask themselves about this whole thing from time to time. Why does President Obama not give more details about what will happen when this passes. Well as the old saying goes.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.