Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > RRRRacing
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RRRRacing Racecar spelled backwards...is still Racecar!

Unread 23 Mar 2007, 12:46 PM
GM

Default The Danica Racing League start tomorrow.

Or another name for it is the Indy Racing League.

Here is the schedule with the most important race in late May.

Sat 24-Mar Homestead-Miami Speedway 8 p.m. on ESPN2*
Sun 1-Apr Streets of St. Petersburg 2:30 p.m. on ESPN
Sat 21-Apr Twin Ring Motegi 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
Sun 29-Apr Kansas Speedway 4:30 p.m. on ESPN2
Sun 27-May 91st Indianapolis 500 Noon on ABC
Sun 3-Jun The Milwaukee Mile 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Sat 9-Jun Texas Motor Speedway 10 p.m. on ESPN2*
Sun 24-Jun Iowa Speedway 1 p.m. on ABC
Sat 30-Jun Richmond International Raceway 7:30 p.m. on ESPN*
Sun 8-Jul Watkins Glen International 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Sat 14-Jul Nashville Superspeedway 7:30 p.m. on ESPN*
Sun 22-Jul Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course 1:30 p.m. on ABC
Sun 5-Aug Michigan International Speedway Noon on ESPN2
Sat 11-Aug Kentucky Speedway 6:30 p.m. on ESPN2*
Sun 26-Aug Infineon Raceway 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
Sun 2-Sep The Raceway at Belle Isle 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Sun 9-Sep Chicagoland Speedway 3:30 p.m. on ABC
* - night race

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Reason: I will bold each race individually if I remember them.
Unread 31 Mar 2007, 09:31 PM
GM

Danica is racing again tomorrow.

She had a mishap and smushed the wall pretty good trying to enter the pits last race and did not even finish.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

Unread 09 Apr 2007, 03:24 PM
1st Round Draft Pick

does anybody really watch this?? would anyone watch if danica were ugly??
Unread 09 Apr 2007, 10:27 PM
Lost in the Woods(again)

I watch racing but again I watch all times of racing I enjoy road racing the most. I find oval racing boring until the big one(major accindent). I have to admit racing on short tracks are interest because there is not much follow the leader racing like on the bigger tracks. THe type of racing I really like is prototype racing (Amer. Le Mans or Nascar Grand Am series). They have several different cars classifications racing at the same time and each car maker looks different from each other.
Unread 22 Apr 2007, 09:24 AM
GM

She raced yesterday and finished 11th out of 18 cars.

Is it just me or is she regressing some since finishing 4th at the Indianapolis 500?

Maybe she is getting used to her new team or something?

Unread 28 Apr 2007, 09:42 AM
GM

She is racing again tomorrow afternoon.

Unread 26 May 2007, 09:49 AM
GM

There is huge 500 mile race in Speedway Indiana which is just a little northwest of Indianapolis Indiana tomorrow.

There will also be some history at the brickyard tomorrow.

Danica is starting 8th.
Sarah Fisher is starting 21st.
Venezuelan driver Milka Duno will start 29th.

I wonder if there has ever been three women start a race at the Indianapolis 500 before?

Danica has had mixed results so far this year with her best finish being seventh in her last race. She has also finished 8th, 11th, and 14th. This is out of field of about 20 cars in IRL races.

There will be 33 cars that start the race tomorrow.

I wonder what will happen if Danica actually wins the race tomorrow? Well one thing is for sure the media will have something to talk about.

There is a chance of scattered storms for Indianapolis the next couple of days.

Unread 27 May 2007, 12:34 AM
Lost in the Woods(again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpeter72 View Post
I wonder if there has ever been three women start a race at the Indianapolis 500 before?
Other than those three, there has only been to two other female drivers in the race. Other two drivers where Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James.
Unread 29 May 2007, 09:39 AM
GM

This was a memorable Indianapolis 415 for several reasons.

166 laps*2.5 miles just happens to equal 415 miles.

The race was stopped twice. When the first rain came Tony Kanaan was leading the race. It rained for about two hours and then they had to dry the track off which takes quite a bit of time. There are actual bricks underneath the pavement at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and that makes it very hard to dry the track because the water does not drain through the bricks very well at all. So there was a real lengthy rain delay. As the drivers come back out Tony Kanaan with another threat of rain sort of hinted that they should not go out there again because the race was official at the time because at least 101 laps had been completed. Oh sure Tony Kanaan just declare yourself the victor. I think they do have an obligation to the fans though for waiting out the lengthy rain delay. So after the first rain delay they went another fifty laps or so and then it started to pour rain again. Everyone knew it was over because there was going to be no way that the officials at the race track would be able to get the track dry again because there is very limited lighting at the race track and not enough lighting to run a race at night. So the race leader when the second downpour came was Dario Franchitti and he was the winner of the 91st running of the Indianapolis 500 [415]. ABC likes to interview people that are close to the winning driver just after the race is over. ABC all day overlooked the fact that Dario's wife just happens to be Ashley Judd. So ABC interviews Ashley in an absolute downpour. Of course it was kind of nice to see Ashley being interview in a very soaking rain. But didn't anyone even think to try to get her an umbrella?

No matter what happens during even the first even half of the Indianopolis 500 there always seems to be drama at the end.

So let's recap Dario's day. His teammate Danica kisses him after his victory; his wife Ashley Judd kisses him; he wins one of the biggest spectacles in auto racing ; and he wins the most amount of money for an Indianapolis 500 [415] winner. All in all I would say it was a pretty good day for Dario Franchitti.

P.S. Danica was in the top 3 Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti, and Danica when the first rain came. Danica finished 8th at the end of the race though.

Unread 01 Jun 2007, 10:30 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I do enjoy these updates

Unread 02 Jun 2007, 06:37 AM
GM

Your welcome Rizzo even though I have not been doing very well on where Danica finishes every race I will try to to better the rest of the season in a more timely fashion maybe the next day.

I forgot to mention where the other two women besides Danica finished in the Indianapolis 415.

Sarah Fisher finished 18th.
Milka Duno finished 31st after hitting the wall really hard.

This was out of 33 cars.

They are racing again tomorrow and then again a week from today.

Reason: May it readable.
Unread 05 Jun 2007, 10:17 AM
GM

Let's see there was a little incident on the track where Danica and Dan Wheldon got into each other and Danica went for a little ride going sideways for a few seconds but Danica kept the car under control the whole time. Then Danica gives Dan Wheldon a little talking to after the race and Danica gives him an ever so slight shove.

Wheldon after the race makes a little comment that maybe Danica is feeling the pressure of not winning a race yet.

Who says the IRL is boring?

Before I forget Danica finished 8th out of 18 cars.

Unread 09 Jun 2007, 08:31 AM
GM

Danica is racing again tonight late.

Unread 10 Jun 2007, 10:41 AM
GM

Danica finished third out of twenty cars.

This is her highest finish to date!

With a few laps left to go she pulled right behind the top two cars but was not able to pass them and slowly faded back in the last two or three laps. There was some passing around cars in this race but it is kind of hard to pass other cars at 210+ mph. It is also hard to pass when it is so easy to get knocked out of race like this by just slightly touching another car.

After her little incident with Dan Wheldon last Sunday Danica easily beat him because he finished 15th.

Unread 23 Jun 2007, 07:29 AM
GM

She is racing again tomorrow afternoon.