Home
Portfolio
Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > NEW MEMBERS START HERE > Welcome New Members! > Introduce yourself here
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introduce yourself here Tell us a bit about yourself ;)

Unread 06 Apr 2010, 04:04 PM
7th Round Draft Pick

Default Just signed up a couple days ago

I go by the name crspy on here, my real name is Chris. I'm from a little town you've never heard of in Illinois lol. I played Wall Street Sports back in the early nineties and i was surfing the web the other day looking for a similar game when i stumbled on your site. I'm just feeling things out so far, but i would appreciate any advice or hints anyone could offer me. The site seems like a good group of guys from reading the message boards and i would love to be part of your community. Do most players trade daily? Like what do you guys suggest; to buy before big events in golf or nascar or before most of the baseball games start and sell after the stock goes up? I understand that that i should hold onto a few of the better guys for the long term, but should i buy and sell others everyday? Thanks in advance. I can't wait to get involved on here. OK after writing all this i read the tutorial lol. That's me i do everything backwards.

Unread 06 Apr 2010, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

First of all, welcome aboard! You are one of many to have played WSS back in the day; heck, that is why we are in existence.

I will let Orren guide you the rest of the way -- he is out for a bit -- but I will point you to the Oasis. It looks like you may have found it, but if not here is the link.

Nick
Unread 06 Apr 2010, 07:16 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

lol welcome, Chris!

Did you have a username we might remember from WSS?
There's quite a few of us here regularly and even more here casually....including me (if you remember the username)

Listen to the audio tour (link on the forum news on top of the main forum page). There are the obvious similarities here to WSS.....but we've added some things WSS never had.

For example, we have Pick'em as a more casual competition....where you simply pick who you think will win the day's games, etc...and accumulate points.

We have Pick 10....where you don't have to worry about 'getting in' early in the day on a stock, you simply pick the stocks you think will get the largest dividends.

Oh...which then reminds me....at WSS we called 'em bonuses..here we call 'em dividends.......it's the amount stocks go up from their performance....which spit out at 9am eastern every day.

Only here you don't have to be here to SELL those stocks in the morning...you don't have to refresh your page over and over again, waiting for 'bonuses' to hit so you can sell as fast as possible, then get frustrated as your transaction times out 'cause 100 other guys are doin' the same thing.

You don't even have to BE here to sell.....we have a feature called (go figure!) autosell. First, earn your daily autosell ticket by voting for us using the banners on the Vote page....that not only gets you 'free money' but also, when you've done all 4 daily banners, gets you an autosell ticket. Make whatever buys you wanna make...when you're done, move whatever stocks you want to sell after dividends into the autosell section of your portfolio.....our system will sell them for you automagically..whether you're here or not!

By the way, you'll NEVER have to have more than one account...in fact we greatly discourage it. Why? Because in every account there are multiple portfolios. Play your total value port first....that one never resets, you just keep on building it however you want. The monthly, quarterly, and yearly ports, however, reset to $1,000,000 when their period is up. We also just started a baseball only competition....you can only buy baseball in it....the competition will last until the all star break, then a 2nd half competition will start AFTER the break.

I'll stop now Listen to the tour, ask questions here, PM me or anyone else via Messenger........play as actively as you want (the most active play every day and sell virtually everything every day then repeat the process...until their port is big enough that they can't). There is no WRONG way to play....except NOT to.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 05:19 PM
7th Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really couldn't tell you what my user name was back then on WSS. I've raised three kids, went back to college, and gotten sort of old since then lol. I haven't tried the pick em games yet but i plan to try them thanks.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 06:27 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

well, it's not like we ALL haven't aged the same amount since then! lol

...I was older'n you then, and I still am!

Right now there's just the one Pick'em game (now that March Madness is over). But there's Pick 10 and our new MLB only comp to look into.

Just an FYI....we don't have the huge budget WSS had back in those days...but we're very player friendly (Nick and I both used to BE players) and hope 2010 is finally the year we make some noise.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 08:52 PM
Coach

Welcome crspy. Can we call u spy or crispy? Are u close to Decatur? Have lot of friends from their. Cubs fan? Well here you can buy stocks in Cubbies and actually get a return u havent seen in 100 years.

Ever need anything feel free to post or PM. When I first started playing I bought all my faves and it paid me close to nothing. Then I went on the market and clicked on top buys. Better but the best way is to browse box scores for HRs, Goals, players with combo meals as we call it. IE triple and stolen base. HR and one of the above. Goal and couple assists. Guards with blocked shots. Once you get good you will know what pays a top 15 dividend in the morning. See a player with 10 estimated HRs or goals get a goal. Or a pitcher or goalie getting a complete game shutout.
Shorthanded goals usually do it too. Anyways hope it helps.
Unread 09 Apr 2010, 07:55 PM
7th Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the tips Troy. I'm a huge Cubs and Bears fan. I'm not really into hockey or basketball but i will keep an eye on those stocks too. I am actually not too far from Decatur, i travel around about a hundred mile radius from home for my job and i'm in Decatur quite a bit. it's probably about 50 miles from me. Oh yeah and you guys can call me whatever you want i'm easy to get along with lol.
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 07:34 AM
Coach

WARNING: U will get addicted to this game.

Glad to have you. Ever need ANYTHING let us know. Invite some friends. Makes it a lot more fun when you grow and compete with people you personally know. Compete on the newbie leaderboard then graduate to the big show. My cousin is a big Cubbies fan. We joined here together. We used to play against each other. Then one day when we got good we got NHL center ice and would sit in the next room from each other and yell BUY so and so. You can have a LOT of fun with this game.

Also you may not be a big fan of all games but once you search box scores. Take in a few games. Understand it better. You may find yourself a small fan of it in the end.

Unread 10 Apr 2010, 04:15 PM
7th Round Draft Pick

I actually have my son playing on here too. He joined a few days after i did.