Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Golf
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Golf FORE!

Unread 19 Dec 2007, 08:19 PM

Default Two weeks from tomorrow-The Mercedes Field

Winners share - 1+mil and 4500 fedex pts. Whoever wins this tournament is virtually guaranteed his card for 2009.

Defending Champ is Vijay in a 2 shot win over SCOAD at Kapalua:

The field:

Ames, Stephen
Herron, Tim
Pettersson, Carl
Appleby, Stuart
Holmes, J.B.
Rollins,John
Axley Eric
Immelman, Trevor
Sabbatini, Rory
Baddeley, Aaron
Love III, Davis
Scott, Adam
Campbell, Chad
MacKenzie, Will
Senden, John
Choi, K.J.
Maggert, Jeff
Singh, Vijay
Couch, Chris
Matteson, Troy
Toms, David
Curtis, Ben
Oberholser, Arron
Trahan, D.J.
Donald, Luke
Ogilvy, Geoff
Triplett, Kirk
Durant, Joe
Pampling, Rod
Wetterich, Brett
Furyk, Jim
Pavin, Corey
Wilson, Dean
Henry, J.J.

Yes I purposely left in some "names"

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no

Unread 20 Dec 2007, 08:30 AM
GM

Thank you Rich.

It sure does look warm in Hawaii.

We got about six inches of snow last Saturday and there is still some left on the ground and it makes it just slightly colder outside.

Hopefully this will do to start the new year in December.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 09:43 PM
GM

Thank you Rich.

Just practicing.

I know I should practice more often.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Reason: Made it easier to read by adding a word.
Unread 05 Jan 2008, 06:29 PM

thanks Peter....you keep practicing all you want.

In all sports IMO, every fan has a player they love to hate. In golf, for me, it's Rory Sabbatini. Here's some recent reasons why:

Dec 16, 2007
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. - Rory Sabbatini didn't let the year end without getting under Tiger Woods' skin one last time.
In a move that left players shaking their heads, Sabbatini withdrew from the final round of the Target World Challenge on Sunday because of "personal reasons," making him the first player in the nine-year history of the event to leave early.
Sabbatini still received US$170,000. He was in last place heading into the final round, 28 shots behind.
A locker room attendant, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release information, said Sabbatini cleaned out his locker Saturday afternoon and gave away sweaters and shoes. He told them he was headed to Maui, where he spends his Christmas vacation.
His agent, Bud Martin, said Sabbatini told him he withdrew because of shin splints.
"He had shin splints that were bothering him yesterday," Martin said after talking to Sabbatini on Sunday morning. "He went home overnight and worked on them with his trainer, and they weren't getting any better. He said he wasn't going to risk it."
Tournament director Greg McLaughlin wasn't informed until 8:30 a.m., although he had a hunch Sabbatini was leaving when he was checking out of the hotel and overheard the concierge trying unsuccessfully to book Sabbatini a limo for eight to get to the airport.
"We're disappointed that he withdrew," McLaughlin said. "It's the first time in the history of the event that we've ever had a professional not complete four rounds of competition."
By Sunday afternoon, McLaughlin still could not locate Sabbatini's courtesy car. Paul Casey said he saw the South African loading up the car in the hotel parking lot.
"They don't have any flights to Hawaii tonight?" Fred Couples said, shaking his head. "He's messing with the wrong guy."
Woods, the tournament host, shook his head when asked about Sabbatini on his way to the practice range. After winning by seven shots, he said he was trying to sort through conflicting reports.
"I've heard he had shin splints," Woods said. "I heard he pulled out for personal reason. He packed his locker up at 3 o'clock yesterday, I think headed to Hawaii. A lot of different things going on. And I'd like to try and get to the bottom of it when I'm done here, and we'll see what happens."
Later, he was asked if he minded that Sabbatini left, and a cold stare spoke volumes.
PGA Tour officials said regulations allow for Sabbatini to collect unofficial last place money, typical of any tournament when a player withdraws on the weekend. In this case, the entire purse is unofficial, and last place pays US$170,000.
"He should give that back to the foundation," Couples said.
Sabbatini qualified for the 16-man field through his world ranking, which now is at No. 11. He finished at No. 6 on the PGA Tour money list with a career-high $4.5 million, but his year was best remembered for calling out Woods.
They played in the final round at the Wachovia Championship, where Woods overcame a one-shot deficit to win. Sabbatini, who had said he wanted Woods in the final group at Quail Hollow, said the following week that Woods looked as "beatable as ever."
"I've seen Tiger when he hits the ball well," Sabbatini said. "I've seen him when he figures it out. It's scary. I don't want to see that anymore. I like the new Tiger."
Woods responded by saying the "new Tiger" had three victories in 2007 at that point, "the same amount he's won in his career." Woods finished the season with seven victories.
They were paired again in the final round at the Bridgestone Invitational, and Sabbatini said it would be a rubber match. Woods beat him at Wachovia, but Sabbatini said he outscored him in the final round of the 1996 NCAA Championship, where Woods had an eight-shot lead going into the last round and won the title by three shots in his last year at Stanford.
At Firestone, Woods turned a one-shot deficit into a seven-shot lead at the turn and won by eight.
His withdraw drew almost as much attention as Woods' seven-shot victory, with Couples sounding off the loudest. He was told that Sabbatini's agent attributed the early departure to shin splints.
"Of course, he did," Couples said. "And Roger Clemens' agent said he didn't do steroids."
Mark Calcavecchia wrote it off to "Rory being Rory."
"I think I could have toughed out one more round," Calcavecchia said. "I don't think the fans missed him."
Other players declined comment on the record, although it was clear they were perplexed the decision. British Open champion Padraig Harrington pondered the question before saying, "Is there anything you can say about it?"
After a long pause, he added, "I don't think there is." Then came another long pause. "It's Christmas."

There were, in fact, more comments by other players...all negative, that the above source decided not to quote. Pretty bush thing to do IMO.

I started disliking him after his rude actions 2+ years ago while playing with Ben Crane. Crane is a painfully slow player and after their group had been warned for slow play....crane picked it up and they got back "off the clock" and playing the 17th hole. punkazz hit a ball in the water behind the green and eventually took bogey there. But the way he got that bogey was the problem. He played out the hole while crane was still in the fairway and then walked to the 18th tee.

In a poll taken by PGA tour players....25% of them said sabbatini was the LEAST desirable player to be paired with.

hmmmm...maybe I'll practice too.....

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no