Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 12 May 2007, 12:15 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Default Ozzfest, free ticket code

Not that everyone cares, however those that do might appreciate it...

Today the code for (2) free tickets will be distributed for this year's Ozzfest.

Check out livenation.com/ozzfest

Today you get the code, and redeem it June 12th for the actual tickets. All the info is on the site.
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.
Unread 12 May 2007, 05:32 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

I was excited when I heard Ozzfest was going to be free this year. But then when I saw the lineup, I see WHY it is free! Terrible lineup. The only band on the whole tour I would want to see is The Showdown. I could care less about Ozzy, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Static X, or any of the others.
Unread 12 May 2007, 06:28 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

I hear you about that. Although, most times I go to all day shows like that, there is one or two bands I end up liking from then on that I wouldn't have heard of before.

I remember going to the Meadowlands one when Manson was being protested, and Ozzy played for the first time since forever with Geezer and Iomi, and was blown away by Coal Chamber.

Never heard Wu Tang Clan until I saw them at Lollapalooza in West Virginia.

Ozzfest shows are all day events. I could have fun at one no matter who the bands were.

Used my 2 emails to get 2 seperate codes. Going to try for the North Jersey, and Philly (Camden) shows. If anyone will be there, let me know.

Probably won't beat two years ago. I got paid to be security (LOL LOL LOL) in the front section of seats. Not the first time I got paid to be at a big event, but was the first in a looooooooooooong time.
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.
Unread 12 May 2007, 08:52 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

ozzy alone was enough to get me to sign up. hoping to be able to take in the charlotte show.
Unread 12 May 2007, 10:57 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Ozzy alone is one of the reasons I DON'T want to go. LOL!

There have always been tons of bands on the bill that I wanted to see. That is just not so this year. It's not worth the 3 hours drive for me, even with free tickets.

Last year was a good bill. Norma Jean blew me away! All That Remains was another that I really liked early in the day. I always like to see Walls of Jericho too, always make it when they come through town here. I guess as you can tell, I am more into the modern metal not the "classics" (Ozzy, BLS, etc.) Also, thinking of last year and Strapping Young Lad being there - you hear that they are no longer (Devin Townsend called it quits).
Unread 13 May 2007, 12:11 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

i guess i must be old. ozzy and sabbath are the only acts out of all the ones you named that i even recognize......
Unread 13 May 2007, 05:35 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

I just got a call from a guy that asked me to come sell tickets at a show later this week for UnderOath, Norma Jean, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Those three bands alone are a better lineup than OzzFest. Should be a good time - get backstage passes for the whole family - yea!
Unread 13 May 2007, 05:40 PM
Antagonist.

Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics ??????
Unread 13 May 2007, 05:55 PM
Coach

Static X isnt bad. OK their newer stuff sucks, but I still listen to Wisconsin Death Trap every once in awhile. Great album there.

And I was excited about the free concert stuff until I saw the closest one to me was Chicago, and with gas prices the way they are going thats not worth it for me. And as previously mentioned the lineup is rather lacking. No Korn, or System Of A Down, or Slipknot or those kind of bands that gave it such a boost in years past. My one buddy is a huge Lamb Of God fan though, and I was using that to trying to get some of us together to go down to see it.

And seeing a band at these events can also tell you how much they're going to suck. I saw Five For Fighting at a 2 day event over Memorial Day weekend in 1997. They sucked then and are worse now that they're top 40 radio faves.

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 13 May 2007, 06:58 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post
Static X isnt bad. OK their newer stuff sucks, but I still listen to Wisconsin Death Trap every once in awhile. Great album there.

And I was excited about the free concert stuff until I saw the closest one to me was Chicago, and with gas prices the way they are going thats not worth it for me. And as previously mentioned the lineup is rather lacking. No Korn, or System Of A Down, or Slipknot or those kind of bands that gave it such a boost in years past. My one buddy is a huge Lamb Of God fan though, and I was using that to trying to get some of us together to go down to see it.

Maybe the Static-X and Opeth tour will be coming your way??? I just seen it was announced to come through my way.