Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 10 May 2011, 09:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw
Default Police State

I have been a person that has been very dissatisfied with our nation's police force.

Here is yet another example that illustrates what I think the 'typical' police officer is in this country. It's close to where I live so it has opened the eyes of many in our communities...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0X1Acrty6E
Unread 10 May 2011, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Crazy.
Unread 26 May 2011, 09:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

For those of you who defended the passing of the Patriot Act with some sort of deadline, many knew that once it was passed it will never be removed...it's just a matter of time before it becomes law so they don't have to worry about renewing it every few years or so.

Hello Big Brother.

That Rand Paul though is a spunky kid...we'll see what he can muster when this all shakes out...his dad needs to get into the Senate and we'd have at least 2 of the 'good guys' working together, imo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110526/...us_patriot_act

Unread 27 May 2011, 05:32 PM
JS Mod

Today Obama signed into law the latest "extension" of the Patriot Act. It's now the "National Defense Authorization Act" with a few changes and additions. The President now has the power to declare war on anyone without Congressional approval or just cause. Of course, he's been doing that all along but now it's "legal". He's also allowed to have anyone he wants to be assassinated, even American Citizens if it involves "terrorism". It goes so much further than that and totally obliterates almost ever Freedom we are guaranteed by the Constitution. Story below...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obamas-p...gs-hollow.html

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."
- President John F. Kennedy - 7 days before he was assassinated

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

http://rtr.org/signup?ref=3800
Unread 29 May 2011, 09:06 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

so....if the president no longer has to abide by any laws or ask for anyone's approval, what differentiates him from Dick Tater?

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 29 May 2011, 05:12 PM
JS Mod

Nothing

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."
- President John F. Kennedy - 7 days before he was assassinated

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

http://rtr.org/signup?ref=3800
Unread 03 Nov 2011, 04:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Note to tourists visting New York: Don't be caught out without your ID, or you could be caught in the city's penal system for days, if the recent experience of 21-year-old college student Samantha Zucker is anything to go by.
After being arrested, Zucker was taunted by the police officer while in jail, all for essentially not having an id on her. NYPD's finest.

Full story here.
Unread 04 Nov 2011, 02:06 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Let's be clear here, however...and I've been meaning to make this point for awhile now.

The vast majority of police officers (including multiple members here at JS) are and always have been fine, upstanding, exactly-what-you-want-in-a-police-officer kinda people.

Like absolutely any occupational field, there are a small percentage of individuals who may NOT be fine or upstanding..or at least all the time. Plus, when any group is held up to a very public microscope, things are going to be seen that people in private occupations don't have to concern themselves with. Therefore IMO it is unfair to paint the entire group with one brush.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 04 Nov 2011, 03:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
The vast majority of police officers are and always have been fine, upstanding, exactly-what-you-want-in-a-police-officer kinda people.
To be brutally honest, I doubt a "vast majority" are fine police...I think maybe 50/50.

But I also think those officers that cover up and allow "bad" cops to get away with their antics are also just as guilty.
Unread 02 Mar 2012, 01:56 PM
Coach

At least 500 people in the US have been killed via tasers used by police since 2001.

Link

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 05 Mar 2012, 12:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post
At least 500 people in the US have been killed via tasers used by police since 2001.

Link
Able to "silently" execute undesirables without a court or jury fits nicely into the plan.
Unread 06 Mar 2012, 04:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
A cybersecurity bill introduced by Republican Senator John McCain could dramatically expand the domestic reach of U.S. intelligence agencies and potentially give them massive troves of emails, civil liberties advocates said.

"This is a privacy nightmare that will eventually result in the military substantially monitoring the domestic, civilian Internet,"
Full story here.
Unread 17 Mar 2012, 11:52 AM
Coach

Big brother is watching

Link

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 17 Mar 2012, 01:20 PM

$2 bil......nice.....just what we need to spend our money on......bleah
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 19 Mar 2012, 04:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The article breaks some news in not just confirming the details of the infamous warrantless wiretapping that started under President Bush and has continued unabated under President Obama, but also explains how the program is more advanced and more expansive than previously thought. Basically, the NSA now collects everything, whether or not the law allows it -- and it's building massively powerful computers to break any encryption that is used on that communication.
Full story here.