Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Issues, Suggestions, and Requests
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Issues, Suggestions, and Requests Let us know of problems you're having with the site, suggestions on changes to make, and requests for new features.

Unread 11 Oct 2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

[sarcasm]Yeah, I would not want you to have a 'secure' experience when browsing the Internet.[/sarcasm]

I will fire up my dusty version of IE6 and see what is happening.

Nick
Unread 13 Oct 2009, 07:09 AM
Voluntarily gagged

Sarcasm back...... couldn't care less about security..... I use puters for fun..... I use IE8 at home.... so leave IE6 in your box.......

Maybe you should read before using sarcasm.....

Excel works perfectly with ie Nick..... not with other browsers.... seeing how i can make excel do a lot of my real work.... as well as my jockstocks work... why would i want any other browser hanging around my neck????
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 07:51 AM
Voluntarily gagged

While you are fixing that you could also fix the script errors... end sarcasm...

crap.... forgot to start the sarcasm
Unread 01 Nov 2009, 12:40 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
I use a few puters to access net..... Jockstocks is the only place that i have to log in more than once a day some places I havent logged in at for years n they manage to merember me ok....... that happens on every puter... using different settings.... started 12 months ago..... still happens.... everyday.....
This happened to me all day yesterday (4 times I think)...everytime I used my room-mates computer. Same browser and same IP addy.
My computer (where I am always logged in) was on-line but not at Jockstocks.

Is their a computer you use (or used) that you do not have to log in all the time?
Is the "keep me logged in" button available for more than one computer or exclusive to one?

Since I use my computer 99% of the time, it is not an issue with me...but I thought I would mention this as it sounds like the same problem.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 01 Nov 2009, 04:42 PM
Voluntarily gagged

Nope it don't matter.....

I mainly use 1 puter.... have the keep me logged in for 5 minutes button selected... all it does it keep me sign in to forums, not me ports
Unread 01 Nov 2009, 07:21 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Hey Polar - Hope everything is good. I haven't done any messing around on IE8, but I know it has its known issues with storing of user names/passwords.

Read over the following website and see if this can help you with the passwords...

http://blogs.msdn.com/ieinternals/ar...ems-in-IE.aspx

Let me know..

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 01 Nov 2009, 07:39 PM
Voluntarily gagged

this site is the only one have issues with Death....

Every other site is perfect..mayhap they done a little work to make sure their site is compatible with all browsers, not just mozilla cos they don't like microsoft...... thanks but, i shall have a look..
Unread 01 Nov 2009, 07:58 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

One of the issues we have, Choc, is....when this site was built there was no IE8 yet, no Chrome....we're not as cross browser friendly as we'd like to be with the current site.

What we really need to do is get a new site built....maybe even get it up and running before we've 'prettied' it up.....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 01 Nov 2009, 08:25 PM
Voluntarily gagged

Yeah..... fine......

We are able to keep up with whatever Nick feels like.... he don't like ie so nobody else is allowed to.....

I just don't care....

Not one bit for this site n it's getting less....

I give you what i do cos i like you....
Unread 02 Nov 2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Polar:

I have no problem with Microsoft. I had problems with IE6 and IE7. IE8 is a much better browser. Still loads pages slower than my 56k modem did, but that is beside the point.

The fact of the matter is that I cannot duplicate your problem. I have logged in with IE8 and it keeps me logged in. You are the only one that appears to have this problem. I appreciate your understanding with regards to this unique issue.

Have you stopped to wonder if it is an Excel issue? Did you notice this change when you switched from 2003 to 2007? Have you made the jump? When is the last time you purchased a new computer? Do you have an anti-virus installed? When was the last time you switched to the new AV?

There are thousands of possiblities as to why you are getting logged out, and none of them have to do with my hatred for IE or Microsoft.

My hatred for Mac ... that runs deep.

Nick
Unread 02 Nov 2009, 11:46 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader View Post

My hatred for Mac ... that runs deep.

Nick
me too!...ya gotta love their commercials, though!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 02 Nov 2009, 11:58 PM
Voluntarily gagged

Lemme see Nick.....
I got a 2 year old Vaio... he does it...
Right now I using a 6 mth old HP Pavillion.... he does it...
Desktop 12 months old does it....
It is not an excel problem.... I use 2007, have since it come out 2 1/2 years ago.....

I don't stay logged in.... only at this site, excel doesn't matter.... cos it happens when i'm not using excel.....

It happens at work..... IE6....don't use excel at work....rarely buy from there, but i get logged out.... It happen at home IE8..... It happen everywhere...

I have had nortons 2009 since march..... this happening from december last year....
Unread 03 Nov 2009, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Lemme see Nick.....
I got a 2 year old Vaio... he does it...
Right now I using a 6 mth old HP Pavillion.... he does it...
Desktop 12 months old does it....
It is not an excel problem.... I use 2007, have since it come out 2 1/2 years ago.....

I don't stay logged in.... only at this site, excel doesn't matter.... cos it happens when i'm not using excel.....

It happens at work..... IE6....don't use excel at work....rarely buy from there, but i get logged out.... It happen at home IE8..... It happen everywhere...

I have had nortons 2009 since march..... this happening from december last year....
Well, that information defintely helps. Thank you.

Will get back to you ...

Nick
Unread 05 Mar 2010, 02:47 AM
Voluntarily gagged

not back yet hey????????????????

forget it....

oh you have

stupid fn bear
Unread 05 Mar 2010, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
not back yet hey????????????????

forget it....

oh you have

stupid fn bear
Actually, I was curious as to which anti-virus you are using. Do you run an spyware/malware scans? A lot of those also remove cookies.

Nick