Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 18 May 2007, 11:20 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Default Report: Giambi tells baseball to apologize for drug problems

Report: Giambi tells baseball to apologize for drug problems
May 18, 2007

CHICAGO (AP) -- New York Yankees slugger Jason Giambi says Major League Baseball should apologize to the public for its widespread performance-enhancing drug problem.

Claiming he's likely been tested for performance-enhancing drugs more often than anyone, Giambi told USA Today in a story on its Web site Friday that the apology is long overdue.

"I was wrong for doing that stuff," Giambi told the newspaper Wednesday before the Yankees played the Chicago White Sox. "What we should have done a long time ago was stand up -- players, ownership, everybody -- and said: 'We made a mistake.'

"We should have apologized back then and made sure we had a rule in place and gone forward. ... Steroids and all of that was a part of history. But it was a topic that everybody wanted to avoid. Nobody wanted to talk about it."

Giambi reportedly told a grand jury during the BALCO investigation in December 2003 that he used steroids and human growth hormone. He told USA Today this week he's thankful for MLB's testing program for steroids and amphetamines that was revised before last season. MLB does not test for HGH, but Giambi said he does not use the drug. "Unfortunately, (the rumors) are going to be a part of it. But that's OK. I'm probably tested more than anybody else. I'm not hiding anything," he said. "That stuff didn't help me hit home runs. I don't care what people say, nothing is going to give you that gift of hitting a baseball."
Unread 18 May 2007, 12:07 PM
GM

I am trying to remember. Did Giambi apologize once before but never really said what he was apologizing for?

I guess we know now if it was him I was thinking of.

But how has the situation with Giambi changed all of sudden that he is openly admitting to things he did in the past?

It seems to long ago but when did the BALCO investigation even start?

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 18 May 2007, 03:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Makes you wonder what if anything will come from all this finger pointing. We live in an information age. Media is judge and jury on any and all things these days. Old days pinetar, speed, etc. was not so easy to spot/identify. Now with a million reporters and HD TV with 20 cameras everywhere, the truth is out there. Someday if all comes out it will kill baseball.