Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:06 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Joe was, indeed, burnt out.....and didn't want his years of hard work to just fade away. I hadn't yet changed the name on the account largely because I've been both busy and was thinking of a way to bring it up...........moot point now, eh?

Let me ask you guys this- if YOU wanted to turn your account over to someone else, would you want me to tell you that you couldn't do that? I mean...do I really have that right? I suppose I DO, but...

If Nick had been the one to take it over, would anyone really have a problem with it? I'm betting not. That said, it's not THAT Joe's port has been taken over, it's WHO took it over that's at issue.....correct?

Also....they didn't have to even ASK me ahead of time about this.....but they did. They could have just made whatever deal they made and told me about it after the fact.

Troy knows this by no means gives him a clean slate here on the boards. He knows he has to 'keep his nose clean' just as, or because of reactions like this even more so, much as anyone else. He has told me he intends to be a positive here and I don't see where I, or any of you, should assume he won't be.

Has Troy EARNED his reputation? Whether he agrees or not, he has. But that doesn't mean you guys should assume there will be problems...or even that it's within anyone's right to try and create problems.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:09 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehuelsman View Post
Why u bein such a jerk anyway? Can't someone comment on a game without the Javelina clique crap?
Again, anything this decade?

Lets go back to 1997... Do you remember "The Drive" - or were you even a fan yet?

If not i'll refresh your memory...

"With 1:19 remaining, starting from their own 35-yard line, Ohio State needed a touchdown. The Buckeyes remained calm, however, for they had confidence in their offense led by the young, brash Germaine.

"Every day during the course of the season, we practiced our two-minute drill against one of the top defenses in the country, with two of the top defensive backs (Springs and Damon Moore) in the country" says Stanley. "At that time, I didn't think anybody on that team could stop me, so I was confident that we were going to win the game."

Germaine responded well to the pressure by connecting with Stanley on three third down plays on the drive, before finally hitting David Boston from five yards out with 20 seconds left with the game winner. The Buckeyes were Rose Bowl champions, and Germaine would be named the game's Most Outstanding Player. The win propelled the fourth-ranked Buckeyes to an 11-1 record and the No. 2 spot in the final polls."

I bet that still burns.....

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azelvis
Suns? Got hosed by Stern last year but best team to watch just like you every month in the monthly comps...you get screwed by something or someone regularly

D'Backs? Beat NY in 2001 for a CHAMPIONSHIP 5th year in the league.on a bloop hit by another roider

Arizona? Multiple March Madness appearances also Rings several times within our lifetimesI'd like to see anyone else get a comment like this by you...APPEARANCES?LMMFAO

Cowgirls? 3 SUper Bowls in 4 years a decade ago and the best team EVER!BWAHAHAHAHAH....there are at least 2 teams IMO that were/are better "alltime"

not even a good try........
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:14 PM

Orren....please change the port name. Joe was a respected poster here...I feel strongly against anyone else posting under his name.....it's just not right.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:17 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
Hey, watch out on the Reds... They've made some strides this off season to make a run this year....
You mean like last year and the year before that and the year before that?
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:19 PM
alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Orren....please change the port name. Joe was a respected poster here...I feel strongly against anyone else posting under his name.....it's just not right.
I respectfully disagree. Joe chose who he gave it to, and that's the way it should stay.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:20 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I respectfully disagree. Joe chose who he gave it to, and that's the way it should stay.
But the name shouldn't stay with it.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:21 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
If I remember correctly, I don't think I really have rode the Reds train here to much....

But they've made some great leaps this off season...

Signed a big closer to help in the pen...

Turn Josh Hamilton into 2 plus arms and a starter that will have an impact this season....

Sign Walt Jocketty to the Front Office (He was the Cardinals GM for the past 13 years, and did one hell of a job) Even Peter will agree with me that was a great move.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:21 PM
JSAdmin

It baffles and disappoints me that this is causing anywhere near this kind of emotion here. Levine? Ken....how exactly does this compare one aiota to that?! Is there a promise I made back then I'm totally forgetting? I'm lost....honestly.

This simply isn't at all what I need around here. Why haven't I changed the username? Because I was going to be contacted by Joe when it was OK to do so. Perhaps Troy shouldn't be posting with the account until then.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:41 PM
JSAdmin

One thing I neglected to mention was this- when this transition is done, Troy is to never have control of another account here.....and that includes the AzElvis account. If he earns forum suspensions, he won't be posting with another account.

If I had known the reaction would be as it's been here, I may have told Joe and Troy it just wasn't a good idea. I simply didn't expect it.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:42 PM
alive

Orren,

I know it's always a tough row that you hoe..

Just remember:

This guy's always rude and crude, including to you, and I never see a meaningful apology. Pure and simple, he is a narcissist.

He is also the guy who sold off his extremely large port and made everyone eat a ton. You took his port away, so he couldn't do it again.

Well, guess what? You've now given him his port back.. Make sure that he doesn't participate in amnesty.. and watch for his next implosion.

Ticking time bomb is what he be, yoda.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:43 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
One thing I neglected to mention was this- when this transition is done, Troy is to never have control of another account here.....and that includes the AzElvis account. If he earns forum suspensions, he won't be posting with another account.
sure as hell won't be holding my breath to see if that's true given the established record and obvious tolerance in the past.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:45 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
hey...thats what I said.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:45 PM
Coach

Orren I will not post until the name change. Joe wanted the name changed ASAP but requested I leave the password alone until further notice. I was just coming off the flu and stayed home to watch football. Got excited and wanted to share with someone. This community albeit critical on others is very knowledgeable and fun to talk to about sports. I will try and avoid these sort of frenzied attacks. Hopefully after just taking it for a while it will subside.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 05:48 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJr View Post
hey...thats what I said.
Great minds think alike.