Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 02 Feb 2015, 08:46 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default South Dakota's Daktronics

A company right here in the town I live in, a company my brother as an original employee once was asked to 'draw all the Ds you can think of' that turned into the logo they still use now some 40 years later, a company I worked for a few years later only to get tired of being abused (I was promoted, moved to DeKalb, IL, but was averaging 55 hrs/wk and a guy in this video screwed me out of commissions that should have been 20% of my salary) when I would have been at the Lake Placid Olympics in 1980........the beginning of this video, my brother's bar is seen (the most obvious building on the right at the 15 second mark...always wanted my office to be in that turret on the 2nd floor but it was a few windows to the right for the 7 yrs I worked there)

Anyway, if you've got 8 minutes, Daktronics was featured on CBS Sunday Morning. It was filmed last fall, with the plan to run it yesterday on the day of the Super Bowl, given one of their boards is in the stadium in Phoenix.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/keeping-...ideo-displays/

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 03 Feb 2015, 02:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

I am very familiar with Daktronics and their products. We have Daktronics video boards in my venue for 13 years now. We are looking to upgrade our video boards in the next couple years and I am hopeful that we stay with Daktronics video boards.
Unread 03 Feb 2015, 04:32 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

it just amazes me what they've become....had they been more pro-employee back then, I would have had no reason to leave and would be doing quite well (tho likely even more insane) by now...

it's funny (not haha funny, sarcastic ironic funny?) I had 2 positions by the time I was 22 where had I stayed with the company, the track I would likely have been on (given I know the 2 people who followed me, neither with any better skill set than me) I would be retired or nearing retiring very comfortably.........the guy that followed me at Horton Industries in my home town became the plant manager 15 years later and took early retirement at 55 about 10 years ago...the guy that basically followed me at Dak has been in an upper mgmt position with stock options making 6 figures for years

....tho never leaving my home town or always having worked for Dak, my current self wouldn't like either of those selves much...

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?