Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 18 Oct 2008, 01:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Default "Cindy Six-Pack" or "Cindy the plumber"

LOL - hardly.

I am curious though... we all know that Cindy made John McCain sign a prenuptial agreement... so if Cindy can't trust John McCain with her money, why should America trust him with the entire nations' economy?

Cindy McCain reports $4.2 million in 2007 income

WASHINGTON – Republican presidential candidate John McCain's wife, Cindy, reported $4.2 million in income for 2007, nearly $2 million less than she reported the previous year, according to tax returns released by the McCain campaign Friday. Mrs. McCain, who files her taxes separately from her husband, paid $1.1 million in taxes, a tax rate of about 26 percent. She reported nearly $530,000 in itemized deductions.

The McCain campaign said her losses were in investment income directly related to her family business, Hensley & Co., an Arizona beer distributorship of which she is chairwoman.

"The reduction is a combination of capital investments in the business and, like many companies, Hensley has felt the impact of a weakened economy," McCain spokesman Brian Jones said.

The Arizona senator's campaign had released her 2006 return in May but said Mrs. McCain had requested an extension on her 2007 return.

McCain himself released his own tax return last April, reporting a total income of $405,409 in 2007 and $84,460 in federal income taxes.

Democratic rival Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, made their returns public earlier this year, reporting $4.2 million in 2007 income, most of it profits from his books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope."

The McCain campaign only released the summary pages of Mrs. McCain's returns, thus offering limited information on her finances. She listed nearly $2.9 million in income from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships and trusts — a category that would include her investment income from Hensley & Co. She had reported $4.5 million in that category in 2006.

She also reported $297,000 in salary income, more than $118,000 in dividends and more than $746,000 in capital gains. Her dividend income dropped by about $165,000 from 2006.

Perhaps anticipating higher income, she overpaid her taxes over the year by more than $950,000. She applied that amount to her 2008 estimated tax.

As an heiress to the Hensley fortune, Cindy McCain's worth has been estimated at more than $100 million.
Unread 18 Oct 2008, 02:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzppln View Post
LOL - hardly.

I am curious though... we all know that Cindy made John McCain sign a prenuptial agreement... so if Cindy can't trust John McCain with her money, why should America trust him with the entire nations' economy?
Better review your social studies classes. CONGRESS is the spending branch of the gov't

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 18 Oct 2008, 02:32 AM
All Pro

And since when is a "pre-nup" something new? Think there are any amongst the Democratic Hollywood married faithful?
Unread 18 Oct 2008, 02:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymy View Post
And since when is a "pre-nup" something new? Think there are any amongst the Democratic Hollywood married faithful?
Think there are any Hollywood married faithful?

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 18 Oct 2008, 02:38 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoc22 View Post
Think there are any Hollywood married faithful?
Absolutely not..........thus the pre-nup.
Unread 18 Oct 2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
you've GOT to be kidding me.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no