Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 10 Jan 2008, 05:37 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork
Default Uh oh Ron's in trouble

Look's like he's been exposed for the racist he is. And when will folks learn people are not stupid enough to believe he doesn't know who wrote them (ummm yeah sure Ronnie after all how would you know what was in the "Ron Paul Report")

like i said before a fraud and a racist and thankfully irrelevant

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Link?

Nick
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 08:29 AM
GM

Here are links to two news stories.

Houston Chronicle Story
Cnn Story

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Here are links to two news stories.

Houston Chronicle Story
Cnn Story

Thanks.

Nick
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 04:55 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader View Post
Thanks.

Nick
So sorry I did not say your welcome sooner.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 01:18 PM
JS Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
Look's like he's been exposed for the racist he is. And when will folks learn people are not stupid enough to believe he doesn't know who wrote them (ummm yeah sure Ronnie after all how would you know what was in the "Ron Paul Report")

like i said before a fraud and a racist and thankfully irrelevant

I can easily accept the fact that he didn't read, or write, his own newsletters. This is not because I am a "stupid person" nor do I have blinders on to the "truth". The reason I believe it is simple. Check out this web site...www.loiskwilsoncpa.com. Note that on the top of every page it says Lois K. Wilson, CPA. If you ASSume Lois wrote the content on this site you would be dead wrong. I developed the site and wrote everything. Lois looked at it once and will, in all likelihood, never look at it again. I could put anything on there and she would never know it. We also send out newsletters to our clients, all of them written by me and never even reviewed by Lois. This is because she trusts me to reflect her views. Ron Paul obviously trusted the wrong person, or persons, to write his newsletter, but this does not make him a racist. I have yet to see any real proof that these allegations are true. If anything, his policies show him to be non-discriminatory. He wants to stop the "War on Drugs" partly because it tends to discriminate against minorities. 14% of all drug arrests are minorities, yet 69% of those convicted are minorities. Would a racist want to change that? Of course not. As to gay marriages, he supports the right of individuals to marry whomever they choose, regardless of gender. He has been in public office for quite a while and never once supported any legislation that discriminates against any group of people based on race, sex or religion. In my opinion actions speak louder than words...

You were awfully quick in defending allegations that Barack HUSSEIN Obama is a muslim, yet you refuse to consider the possibility that the allegations against Ron Paul are false. Sounds like discrimination on your part between Republicans and Democrats. I suggest you check out what Dennis Kucinich thinks about Ron Paul. He has stated publicly that he would seriously consider him as a running mate. Do you believe Dennis Kucinich would consider a racist for a running mate? I don't.

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."
- President John F. Kennedy - 7 days before he was assassinated

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

http://rtr.org/signup?ref=3800
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 01:22 PM
GM

the newsletter has a history of publishing similar stuff for over a decade. if you want to believe that in 10 years he didn't know what was in his newsletter i can accept that...but, what does it say about the man? he's not even concerned enough to verify what his name represents?

sounds awfully similar to barry bonds' defense of I don't know what i'm putting in my body.

either he's a liar or he's stupid. neither is a quality one should look for in the chief executive.

but truth is there's little reason to debate the issue or to even let it become an issue, he's not going to factor into the november election anymore than he's currently factoring into the GOP nomination process. so it's all a moot point.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 01:26 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstewball View Post
If anything, his policies show him to be non-discriminatory. He wants to stop the "War on Drugs" partly because it tends to discriminate against minorities. 14% of all drug arrests are minorities, yet 69% of those convicted are minorities. Would a racist want to change that? Of course not. As to gay marriages, he supports the right of individuals to marry whomever they choose, regardless of gender. He has been in public office for quite a while and never once supported any legislation that discriminates against any group of people based on race, sex or religion. In my opinion actions speak louder than words...
again i realize debating the ron paul factor is pointless but did you even check into his record? i ask because a quick perusal (some of it i highlighted for you in the other thread) would quickly show how inaccurate the above statements are.

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 01:40 PM
GM

i should say though, i don't blame folks for finding him an attractive candidate. if his record supported the words we hear coming from his campaigners, i'd be on the elect ron paul bandwagon too. sadly though they don't.

his own words and history tell a different story. but if either party could ever find a candidate who believed what ron paul says, then you can bet i'd be working overtime to get him/her elected.

the nice thing is that at least among the grass roots population it seems there are many citizens who feel such a candidate is desirable, now we have to search to actually find one.

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 02:36 PM
JS Mod

Some of the bills you cited I don't agree with. Many others I do agree with. But I really don't see any of them as racist. What I see is that he is for limited government control. He doesn't believe that the government should have control of our educational system. Ever since they took control the system has declined.

He wants to abolish the Federal Reserve. And what's wrong with that? The Federal Reserve is not a government controlled entity. It is a group of private bankers printing money and loaning it to the US with interest. Our tax dollars go to pay off that interest. The one thing the government SHOULD have control over is our monetary system. Instead, the Rockefeller's, Rothchild's and other elites were given that power.

He wants to abolish the IRS. HALLELUYAH...This could put me out of a job but it's worth it. Every year I do hundreds of tax returns and I see hundreds, if not more, of injustices done by the IRS.

Have you seen the documentary by Aaron Russo called America:Freedom to Fascism? http://www.freedomtofascism.com/
It's well worth the time.

I could address each bill individually but I don't have the time. Suffice it to say, that I believe he is sincere in his desire for limited government control which I strongly believe in. It's time we took back our rights and stop letting the feds govern every move we make.

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 02:51 PM

Messing with the "Federal Reserve" will surely get him assassinated.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 03:15 PM
JS Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Messing with the "Federal Reserve" will surely get him assassinated.

Very possible...he's actually been advised of this and states that he's aware of the risks but chooses to stand up for the truth anyway. He talks a lot about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi and civil disobedience. The only reason he's still alive is probably because he is still not considered a serious contender for President.

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 03:38 PM

Well...I am a Ron Paul supporter and have already (in another post a few days ago) suggested him for VP running with Cain....
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Well...I am a Ron Paul supporter and have already (in another post a few days ago) suggested him for VP running with McCain....
There, I fixed it for you.

Nick

And I fixed it for you