Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 18 Dec 2007, 10:12 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco
Default MLB likely to punish those in the Mitchell Report

Quote:
MLB is likely to focus on punishing those in the Mitchell Report whose violations took place after the 2003 season, ESPN reports.

George Mitchell had the right idea about how foolish it was to try to punish a few select players who were caught for infractions committed years ago, but Bud Selig didn't spend millions not to get a few attempted suspensions out of it. ESPN mentions Eric Gagne, Paul Lo Duca, Rondell White, Larry Bigbie, Ron Villone, Ryan Franklin, Cody McKay, Stephen Randolph, Jerry Hairston Jr., Bart Miadich, Matt Herges, Brendan Donnelly, Howie Clark and Nook Logan as players whose violations came between 2004 and 2006.

Horrible... Horrible... Horrible...

I really don't think thats what the report was done for... Besides does he even have any real facts? Or just a bunch of checks/money orders.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back

Unread 18 Dec 2007, 10:26 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

i'm all for punishing and to be honest lifetime bans for cheats like those named in the report however, i do think you need proof.

for me, the song of a guy who's looking at prison time and who only sang as part of a plea bargain just doesn't seem to be proof enough.

now if real tangible and irrefutable evidence does exist, then by all means punish away, suspend, ban, fine, strip records and stats, and i'll tip my hat.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan