Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 09 Aug 2009, 12:10 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Where, oh where are the first amendment defenders now?

Whitehouse.gov this week began a program soliciting citizens to submit "fishy" emails to a new address:

Quote:
There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].
Jeeze.

Are these folks monitoring the administration's own pronouncements?

The media's parroting of them, and endless stream of rhetoric pouring from Pennsylvania Avenue alone should be enough to crash the servers perpetually.

While that may not be their intent, there's not much to the other extreme that seems any less credible. Nice to know the "Bush is SPYING ON YOU" folks are confirming themselves to be the hypocrites they appeared to be at the time.

On a separate note, a quick perusal of whitehouse.gov/blog in general might be enough to rattle even the biggest fan of BO. Joe Goebbels would have LOVED to had a little outlet like that.
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.

Unread 09 Aug 2009, 09:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22

I have already sent an email to that site. I reported that I have found a site filled with lies about BOs health care plan. The site:

www.whitehouse.gov

There is also a movement that has started encouraging everyone to send an email that says, "Flag me!!"

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 11 Aug 2009, 09:53 AM
GM

The title of the blog post is an excellent one.

Facts are a stubborn thing.

People's instincts are just starting to kick in.

Here is a list of things that will happen no matter what that is a link in the blog post.

1. No Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions
Insurance companies will be prohibited from refusing you coverage because of your medical history.
2. No Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays
Insurance companies will have to abide by yearly caps on how much they can charge for out-of-pocket expenses.
3. No Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care
Insurance companies must fully cover, without charge, regular checkups and tests that help you prevent illness, such as mammograms or eye and foot exams for diabetics.
4. No Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill
Insurance companies will be prohibited from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for those who become seriously ill.
5. No Gender Discrimination
Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender.
6. No Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage
Insurance companies will be prevented from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive.
7. Extended Coverage for Young Adults
Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26.
8. Guaranteed Insurance Renewal
Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won't be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick.

Now I want to discuss most of these proposals.

Those evil insurance companies they deny coverage just because a person may have a pre-existing condition. So if no one can be denied coverage will that make the costs of this go up or down.

Don't worry the rich will be paying for your medical procedures so a person does not have to worry about the costs of these medical tests and procedures.

So who exactly is going to determine when an insurance company is charging to much for yearly costs of out of pocket expenses.

Doesn't people sharing the costs keep the costs down in the first place. An H.M.O. is a good example but not really because they can deny coverage and they make up the list of what is covered as they go along.

So I guess preventative health care such as mammograms and eye and foot exams for diabetics will make sure that people do not get breast cancer and diabetes in the first place. That is not what that is saying in the case of diabetics I am going to assume these medical tests can try to prevent worst medical conditions latter on than if they do not have these sort of tests in the first place. I thought in order to save money some medical tests were going to eliminated. Especially giving the same person the same medical test more than once and it appears to me that this happens a lot or so President Obama and his buddies in the congress want me to believe.

Don't worry if a person becomes seriously ill the rich will pay for their care. Just remember the promise very early in the summer last year by President Obama that ninety five percent of people will not have their federal taxes raised at all.

Back to the evil insurance companies they will not have the ability to drop a person's coverage because of medical condition or deny some types of tests and medical procedures a person may need. Who will actually be determining who gets what care is not exactly readily available now is it.

Well I thought that the first section of the fourteenth amendment says that everyone is equally protected under the law and I think that the gender of a person should not be a factor when it comes to if they should get medical coverage or not.

I just love number six that states there will be no annual or lifetime caps on how much medical things a person can get. So how the heck are we supposed to keep the cost down then. President Obama has stated several times that this must be deficit neutral over the next decade or he will not sign it. Now the first four years while the bureaucracy is being built there will be very little costs involved because this is so simple and the principles in the blog post are the only parts of this whole "reform" people should be concerned about. A big NOT! This just like the stimulus package back earlier this year is trying to be passed through the congress very quickly. A person may want to ask the question why is that the case in the first place. This is a classic example of Washington trying to tell people what they want to hear and not discuss the consequences of their own actions. Never fear as the congress did with the financial crisis that they partly created they came back decades latter and fixed the mess they made in the first place. Two words will describe part of the reason we have a financial crisis in the first place. Freddie and Fannie. The question could be asked who created these two in the first place.

So is this trying to say that young adults will get more coverage than just plain old adults. This is rather interesting especially when an adult is much more likely to vote than a young adult is. Well the presidential election just last year I seem to remember that the 18-24 year old or whatever the demographic age is voted in record numbers last year. Don't worry I promise not to blame young adults for helping to get President Obama elected and we have some kind of form of health care "reform", immigration "reform", and cap and trade how could I forget that as well sometime in the next year hopefully.

A person can not have their health insurance not renewed no matter what their medical situation is. This is as long as they pay their premiums in full. Sounds to me that a person could be denied coverage if they do not pay for all of their premium to me.

With all of this said where do I send this page I am about to give a person about disinformation that is being said about health insurance "reform". Number six on the list really stands out to me. There will be no limits on how much a person can receive and President Obama has so promised more than once that he is going to be getting the costs down as well. How this is going to work is just a little beyond my comprehension really to be quite frank about it. On the one hand medicals costs will not be capped at all and we will be saving some money as well.

And please when a person reads this don't even really worry about how much this is going to cost us because there is so much savings in medical costs that can be done that will be in the same range as how much this is going to cost us we should not be concerned about these so called "reforms" at all. Or at least that is what President Obama wants people to believe.

As a person reads this. It is going to sound like a very good plan which it probably is until the question must be asked how much is going to cost us.

Link here

I am wondering if I should send this to flag @whitehouse.gov or not. This seems like disinformation to me because it does not seem like the whole picture to me. The preventative part of this may or may not prevent worse medical conditions down the road. What if a person get breast cancer right after their annual mammogram just as an example. This person may or may not know they have breast cancer and I would not want to even know what kind of hassle a person would have to go through to get two mammograms in a very short period of time. It could well be that the second mammogram would have to be paid out of pocket.

A person may ask themselves why does the private sector deal with a lot of the health care issues each and every day. Well part of it is that they have a huge lobbyist presence in Washington there is no doubt about that. But this would be the time for wonderful stories about Medicare and Medicaid because these are the two examples of Washington actually running a part of the health care system already.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.