CAPITALS

East all top seeds advance through
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 09:22 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Phoenix gets swept in the first round.

Detroit wins it all.

Unread 07 Apr 2010, 09:24 AM
Coach

LOL I will bet u ANYTHING that Phoenix wont get swept.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 09:27 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

They wont get swept. But it wouldn't surprise me if they don't make it out of the first round. I've seen it time and time again when young teams make an unexpected run in the regular season, they tend to run out of gas in the playoffs. I'm not saying they will, just it wouldn't surprise me.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 09:38 AM
Coach

I hear ya. But the way this team plays is set up for a long playoff run. They have some vets and play a tough defense forecheck and good cycle play. Is why they do ok in back to back. Hot goalie. Solid backup. Struggled to score goals and horrible on the power play. So I feel they can only get better on offense. The defense is there. Also this organization needs to win so bad and we are totally ready to blow the roof off the place with the WHITE OUT! I just got my tickets by Fed Ex. They even sent each round. $80, $100, $120, $160 1st rd / 2nd rd / conf fin / Stanley Cup Finals. I cant afford $4000 so may sell half of the games. Wondering if I should go game 1 or 2. 5 or 7. Cant go to all.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 10:02 AM
GM

Pittsburgh 2007 playoff number of wins 1. Almost got swept by Ottawas in the first round.
Pittsburgh 2008 Beat Ottawa 4-1 in the first round. Lost in six games in the Stanley Cup finals.
Pittsburgh 2009 Hopefully a person was paying attention last June 12.

So as a person can see a team learns from its playoff experience. And if a team does not have at least some playoff experience then it tend to struggle in their first playoff experience.

Chicago will not win it all though.

Pittsburgh 2008
Detroit 2009
Chicago 2010

So it is going to be Washington by default. They are very hungry and have a very well rounded team.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 10:11 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Pittsburgh 2007 playoff number of wins 1. Almost got swept by Ottawas in the first round.
Pittsburgh 2008 Beat Ottawa 4-1 in the first round. Lost in six games in the Stanley Cup finals.
Pittsburgh 2009 Hopefully a person was paying attention last June 12.

So as a person can see a team learns from its playoff experience. And if a team does not have at least some playoff experience then it tend to struggle in their first playoff experience.

Chicago will not win it all though.

Pittsburgh 2008
Detroit 2009
Chicago 2010

So it is going to be Washington by default. They are very hungry and have a very well rounded team.
Thanks for the backup stats. That's exactly what I was trying to point out. Experience in the NHL playoffs is underrated.

Now, I'm biased being a Red Wings fan, but I do think the Wings have a chance to make some noise. They struggled early in the season, but had a TON of injuries. Now Jimmy Howard has been hot and the team is healthy. They went from being on the outside looking in to a dangerous team in the playoffs within 2-4 weeks.

Chicago will not win it all....for the next 12 years. P knows what i mean. It's the Hossa curse. lol...
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 12:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

I'm going with the Devils... Brodeur seems to be getting hot at the right time.

If anyone remembers how the Devils lost last year in the playoffs knows that it didn't sit well with them and they are looking for redemption...

The only thing I think that may trip them up is the fact that I just bought a Parise jersey which might be enough of a jinx to cost them a good run in the playoffs...

I didn't want to punish the Blackhawks yet and I'll wait until they are eliminated before I buy a Toews jersey....but would love to see Blackhawks-Devils finals...
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 08:52 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJr View Post
Phoenix gets swept in the first round.

Detroit wins it all.

I concur.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 08:56 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJr View Post
Thanks for the backup stats. That's exactly what I was trying to point out. Experience in the NHL playoffs is underrated.

Now, I'm biased being a Red Wings fan, but I do think the Wings have a chance to make some noise. They struggled early in the season, but had a TON of injuries. Now Jimmy Howard has been hot and the team is healthy. They went from being on the outside looking in to a dangerous team in the playoffs within 2-4 weeks.

Chicago will not win it all....for the next 12 years. P knows what i mean. It's the Hossa curse. lol...
My eyes are no good. I saw u say u were a Dead Wings fan but have a Minny Wild avatar. As a Yotes fan I despise Detroit like I do the Spurs cuz they always beat us in the playoffs. Most here are afraid seeing Detroit creep up to #5 seed. We are firmly planted at #4 cuz of NHL seeding. I want to beat the Red Wings. Like it to be West Conf Finals but 1st round works too. We play Chicago well. I did pick Red Wings to beat Yotes in conf finals though. Experience and Hockey town a tough place to get a win. Although we handled the Wings this year there.
Unread 07 Apr 2010, 08:58 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
I'm going with the Devils... Brodeur seems to be getting hot at the right time.

If anyone remembers how the Devils lost last year in the playoffs knows that it didn't sit well with them and they are looking for redemption...

The only thing I think that may trip them up is the fact that I just bought a Parise jersey which might be enough of a jinx to cost them a good run in the playoffs...

I didn't want to punish the Blackhawks yet and I'll wait until they are eliminated before I buy a Toews jersey....but would love to see Blackhawks-Devils finals...
Big Devils fan since the Olympics. Also Sabres, Hawks, etc. But hey why not they are in the east. Anyone but Ovechkin or Crosby good for the West. Bad for ratings though.
Unread 08 Apr 2010, 01:20 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
My eyes are no good. I saw u say u were a Dead Wings fan but have a Minny Wild avatar. As a Yotes fan I despise Detroit like I do the Spurs cuz they always beat us in the playoffs. Most here are afraid seeing Detroit creep up to #5 seed. We are firmly planted at #4 cuz of NHL seeding. I want to beat the Red Wings. Like it to be West Conf Finals but 1st round works too. We play Chicago well. I did pick Red Wings to beat Yotes in conf finals though. Experience and Hockey town a tough place to get a win. Although we handled the Wings this year there.
Raised a Red Wings fan in Michigan from age 6 months through 18. Moved to Minnesota for college been here in Minneapolis ever since. Both a Wings and a Wild fan. But if they play each other, i'm wearing my Red Wings gear (like I did at the game in Jan here at the Xcel Energy Center )
Unread 08 Apr 2010, 02:18 AM
Coach

Sounds like me and the Cowboys. I am an AZ fan through and through.
DBacks, Yotes, Suns, Cards. But Cowboys favorite overall team. I still follow Reds but after Griffey left I ended my run as Reds fan. Since 77.

As far as the other post. It was sort of off the Big Papi EXPLETIVE bomb he dropped on reporters. It just made me think about the drop off and in some cases vanishing of some players careers.
Unread 08 Apr 2010, 04:21 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20guy View Post

I concur.
Me, too.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!
Unread 09 Apr 2010, 10:55 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Go Canucks!

Pfft, Red Wings. Whatever!