Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 27 May 2012, 01:33 PM
All Pro

Yet despite all of the mockery on these boards, and I do mean this sincerely, the USA has the best, or one of the best, justice systems in the world.

Just my opinion, having seen the other side.

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 27 May 2012, 02:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott View Post
Yet despite all of the mockery on these boards, and I do mean this sincerely, the USA has the best, or one of the best, justice systems in the world.

Yes, if you can afford to pay for "justice" the American court system is very "forgiving".

But for the common people, the US court system is very similar to "the other side".
Unread 27 May 2012, 03:46 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

It may not be as bad as we sometimes make it out to be, but here's a couple small examples of IMO gross inefficiencies:

1.) If I have reason to appear in court..to fight a ticket or other small issue...I may have to take a half day off of work because 100 other people may be there at the same time...and the court will go thru things in their own order (which generally means issues requiring a lawyer to be there get done first...like their time is more valuable).

2.) My mother just received a summons for jury duty, even tho she passed away 3 months ago and the office where her death records would have gone to adjoin the office who sent out the summons.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 27 May 2012, 04:14 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott View Post

I'm sure this still remains to be seen as justice comes rarely.
appearances are just that...appearance.

What the American Justice System does provide for is abuse and mis-use that wouldn't be tolerated in a lot of other countries.

ie: case in point (dis thread)
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 28 May 2012, 11:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beast View Post
What the American Justice System does provide for is abuse and mis-use that wouldn't be tolerated in a lot of other countries.
Exactly. Nice point.
Unread 29 May 2012, 12:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Prosecution rested their case. Defense set to present their case starting today. Another juror dismissed, bringing the total to three.

Story here.
Unread 18 Jun 2012, 05:13 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

NOT GUILTY

it must be true..a jury said so

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 18 Jun 2012, 05:18 PM

JOSEPH WHITE, AP Sports Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) — Roger Clemens has been acquitted on all charges by a jury that decided he didn't lie to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

Jurors returned their verdict Monday after close to 10 hours of deliberation. The outcome brings an end to a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball.

The 49-year-old Clemens was accused of perjury, making false statements and obstructing Congress when he testified at a deposition and at a nationally-televised hearing in February 2008. The charges centered on his repeated denials that he used steroids and human growth hormone during his 24-year career.

The verdict is the latest blow to the government's pursuit of athletes accused of drug use.

MORE millions wasted by our out of control spending administration. Are they still going after the Saints too?
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 18 Jun 2012, 05:43 PM
Hall of Famer

The government lawyers are inept, as it was proven in the first attempt at this trial.

Doesn't change my opinion that Clemens did use steroids and is a cheater.
Unread 18 Jun 2012, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Hoping somebody can tell me what Congress has to do with the MLB and Steroids ...

Nick
Unread 18 Jun 2012, 10:27 PM

I read that the defense ripped the trainer's credibility to shreds
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 19 Jun 2012, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
I read that the defense ripped the trainer's credibility to shreds
It was more than just that...

Pettitte kind of flip-flopped and he said that he may have "misheard" Roger during the infamous conversation about steroids. The prosecution had extremely flimsy evidence about the pool party that was easily countered by the defense. The lead "cop" Novitzky was portrayed in court as a person with a "vendetta" type agenda, whether accurate or not it wasn't really handled by the prosecution well at all. Lots of evidence wasn't allowed in. And then when you have a case that is fairly boring and "dry", most people in the jury are sick and tired of the whole thing and just want to go home...fastest way to do that? Not guilty.
Unread 19 Jun 2012, 11:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader View Post
Hoping somebody can tell me what Congress has to do with the MLB and Steroids ...

Nick
I have yet to see it substantiated yet, but there is a claim that there was more debate on steroids in MLB than there was to go to war in Iraq....
Unread 19 Jun 2012, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
I have yet to see it substantiated yet, but there is a claim that there was more debate on steroids in MLB than there was to go to war in Iraq....
Well, that's definitely true of media coverage. I <3 the media.
Unread 01 Dec 2012, 09:34 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

guilty or not guilty...these guys not getting in! (yet)

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Baseball's all-time home run king and its most decorated pitcher likely will be shut out of the Hall of Fame in January. A survey by The AP shows that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, as well as slugger Sammy Sosa, don't have enough votes to get into Cooperstown.
With steroid scandals still very much on the minds of longtime members of the Baseball Writers' Association as they cast their ballots, the trio failed to muster even 50 percent support among the 112 voters contacted by the AP - nearly one-fifth of those eligible to choose.
Candidates need 75 percent for election
Bonds is baseball's only seven-time MVP and Clemens its only seven-time Cy Young winner.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fridays...0389--nfl.html
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)