Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 13 Dec 2007, 05:31 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkaholic View Post
So what is that less than 1% of all the players in mlb who were named in the mitchell report??? Who cares......they are adults, did MLB have a policy on it then? BFD. Joes Canseco was correct. So if Barry doesnt deserve to be in the HOF does Clemens?
Are non prescribed streroids and HGH legal? Policy or no policy. If it's illegal then IMO it's wrong.
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 05:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
PUJOLS??? Always had a feeling and now confirmed.
I haven't seen his name associated with the Mitchell report, have you?
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 06:22 PM
Pastor of Muppetts

Steroids are illegal BUUUUUUUUT The HGH ban didn’t go into effect until 2005.
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 06:28 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
Hey,

None of them should be eligible.
AMEN!!!!!

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 06:30 PM
GM

you know nick i have to say i'm impressed and kind of suprised.

given how you often tend to defend guys for acting like idiots and for conduct unbecoming of a professional and your tendency to write it off as the new way of things that old folks simply don't understand i would have expected you to defend these cheats and point out to us how sports have changed and we're living in days gone by.

kudos to you for knowing where the line is and not being willing to simply accept the "new" order of things.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 07:05 PM

I wonder how many of you have considered the source of all these accused players. Are the sources credible? Have the allegations been confirmed by anyone reliable? Have the accusers been given some kind of deal?

There is no doubt in my mind that many of the listed players are/were users...but how do we know that they ALL are/were users?

I, for one, am sick and f'ing tired of relying on the sensationalistic media and their sources for anything credible.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 07:10 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

In the report there were signed papers by the players that the squealer had.
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 07:18 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
you know nick i have to say i'm impressed and kind of suprised.

given how you often tend to defend guys for acting like idiots and for conduct unbecoming of a professional and your tendency to write it off as the new way of things that old folks simply don't understand i would have expected you to defend these cheats and point out to us how sports have changed and we're living in days gone by.

kudos to you for knowing where the line is and not being willing to simply accept the "new" order of things.

Clearly there is a fine line between cheating the game and being an ---. Just because your an --- doesn't mean you are cheating anyone...

I will clearly support the Chad Johnsons of the league along with others... But when you cheat, its another story.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 07:34 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I didn't get it before and I don't get it now.

If a substance wasn't illegal or against league policy at the time it was taken, then those players who ONLY took that substance WHILE it was legal.........DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG..........right?

This and ANY report should ONLY involve players who took ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WHILE THEY WERE ILLEGAL............NOT substances that WERE legal at the time they took them.

I mean, am I wrong?!
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 07:39 PM

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 07:45 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
I didn't get it before and I don't get it now.

If a substance wasn't illegal or against league policy at the time it was taken, then those players who ONLY took that substance WHILE it was legal.........DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG..........right?

This and ANY report should ONLY involve players who took ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WHILE THEY WERE ILLEGAL............NOT substances that WERE legal at the time they took them.

I mean, am I wrong?!

in a word yes. first of all the report wasn't commissioned as an attempt to indict anyone for illegal behavior. although that said, anabolic steroids (and the trafficking of such) have been illegal for years so in the purest sense of the term crimes were committed.

the report was to illustrate a huge problem within the game. that is cheating. each and everyone one of those folks (and the hundreds more who weren't named) should be banned for life and all stats wiped clean.

many of us will sit idly by and allow folks to be barred from the game for issues that have no bearing on their performance or on skewing the fairness and integrity of the game. yet in the face of the most blatant threat to the integrity of all professional sports since 1919 we jump to defend and otherwise trivialize their actions?

something seems wrong with that.

Unread 13 Dec 2007, 08:03 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

MY point is, Ken.....if a player ONLY took a substance that was legal and not against league policy at the time they took it, then leave them OUT of public chastigation.

If they took substances that were ILLEGAL at the time they took them, by all means, PUNISH THEM.

Mixing the 2 groups together as it appears this report (and all previous coverage) does simply dilutes the real problem.

I mean if I travelled 65 mph down a highway that had a 65 mph speed limit at the time and that speed limit is later changed to 55 mph, I can't be ticketed for speeding after the fact, right?
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 08:10 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Default Just Shocking!!!

David FREAKING BELL?!?!?!

You mean to tell me that was an ENHANCED PERFORMANCE?!?!?

My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 08:32 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
MY point is, Ken.....if a player ONLY took a substance that was legal and not against league policy at the time they took it, then leave them OUT of public chastigation.

If they took substances that were ILLEGAL at the time they took them, by all means, PUNISH THEM.

Mixing the 2 groups together as it appears this report (and all previous coverage) does simply dilutes the real problem.

I mean if I travelled 65 mph down a highway that had a 65 mph speed limit at the time and that speed limit is later changed to 55 mph, I can't be ticketed for speeding after the fact, right?
I said it before. Non prescribed steroids and HGH are illegal and have been for years.
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 08:36 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkaholic View Post
Steroids are illegal BUUUUUUUUT The HGH ban didn’t go into effect until 2005.
HGH was legal to be bought without a prescription until 2005?