Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 06 May 2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
Rich I agree. Looked at Randy and said whooaa thought it was basket inter. Also another one was close. My favorite is when Mangu and Bell collided and they both simultaneously flopped. Raja a flopper against the leagues biggest flopper. Just watch him around the hoop. His follow through is a jerking motion. Obvious he played soccer as a kid.

Hork funny although WAY off. After parting with arguabley 1 of our top 4 players (Joe Johnson) Salary was less of a concern. How about original Suns and players who have been in a Suns jersey since day 1 in the NBA. Amare, Shawn, Steve, and Leandro. Boris and JJ have been here almost their whole careers as they were aquired while rotting on the Hawks and Pacers rookie seasons. Kurt Thomas (Seldomed used) and Jalen Rose (NEVER used) are the only real free agents. Raja was aquired from Utah after we lost Joe J. NBA has a salary cap. Luxury tax will be at 65.4 next year. Sarver will not and did not go over it this year. He is cheap. We will most likely lose one of our top 3 in Shawn Marion next season because of it. Suns have not been an abuser of any cap. If you are dumb enough to make an argument into future events that have yet to unfold then you are in a word. DUMB!

as dumb as someone saying this......?

"" The move is a gross abuse of a NO-salary cap league. "
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 06 May 2007, 07:56 PM
Hall of Famer

OMG are u guys even serious? U wonder why the clique talk. I get hit by Hork, Rich, Relic, parrot in consession. Pushing a ridiculous idea the Suns are like the Yanks in their abuse of salary. The Knicks (Oops another NY team) are paying out $139 million. This is the lux tax cap and the Suns are right at the number. Here is facts if you care to clique. I mean click... F ur irony.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm $68 mill

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm $139 mill

Please stop trying to think. I smell smoke. Hork in case U reallly care. Suns will have to deal Marion or resign him to a longer contract. I don't see Thomas or Banks getting re-signed. Traded or opt-out. Pick on the one team in sports without egos, play the game right, no fines for alchohol abuse, DUI, (Sorry LOD), rapes (Sorry Laker fans), and have a entertaining style with the 2-time (Should be 3x) MVP who is the consumate professional and even when a teamate blows it he comes and slaps their hands and says my fault. Sad just to try and get a rise U resort I silly comments about the Suns.
Unread 06 May 2007, 07:57 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Rich I agree. Looked at Randy and said whooaa thought it was basket inter. Also another one was close. My favorite is when Mangu and Bell collided and they both simultaneously flopped. Raja a flopper against the leagues biggest flopper. Just watch him around the hoop. His follow through is a jerking motion. Obvious he played soccer as a kid.

Hork funny although WAY off. After parting with arguabley 1 of our top 4 players (Joe Johnson) Salary was less of a concern. How about original Suns and players who have been in a Suns jersey since day 1 in the NBA. Amare, Shawn, Steve, and Leandro. Boris and JJ have been here almost their whole careers as they were aquired while rotting on the Hawks and Pacers rookie seasons. Kurt Thomas (Seldomed used) and Jalen Rose (NEVER used) are the only real free agents. Raja was aquired from Utah after we lost Joe J. NBA has a salary cap. Luxury tax will be at 65.4 next year. Sarver will not and did not go over it this year. He is cheap. We will most likely lose one of our top 3 in Shawn Marion next season because of it. Suns have not been an abuser of any cap. If you are dumb enough to make an argument into future events that have yet to unfold then you are in a word. DUMB!

no need to get upset troy. you know me just trying to deflect focus onto myself to save the rest of the world. good ole hork always putting himself out be the martyr.

or would you prefer the "man some people just don't have a sense of humor" line oft used around here.

or maybe i'll just cry about cliques seeing as how you and ibzilly made comments that hurt my feelings.

stop me when i hit a line of bs that suits you.....
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Rich I know U R a silly front-runner...See Tiger, Gordon, NY Yankees to name a few but it IS just sick to throw millions like candy on a roster of egos who can't even get some chemistry year in and year out to win it all. On paper they win every year. Because there IS a God they LOSE every year. Why U think it is ok for New York teams to have double, triple, and quadtruple the salaries of their leagues is beyond me. Of course U love Nash. 2 MVPs make him a front-runner LOVER. Get a grip and root for the Panthers or Hurricanes.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Re-read my post Hork and U may see u overlooked the entire sentence. Where was Nash drafted? Yeah he was part of a trade to get Kidd. Then Kidd slapped Jumana and we shipped his Arse out. We don't put up with bad characters. Look at every player we had that got into hot water. Jake, Pittman, Dumas, etc. GONE!
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:10 PM
Antagonist.

Imagine not having to pay for this kind of entertainment.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Rich I know U R a silly front-runner...See Tiger, Gordon, NY Yankees to name a few but it IS just sick to throw millions like candy on a roster of egos who can't even get some chemistry year in and year out to win it all. On paper they win every year. Because there IS a God they LOSE every year. Why U think it is ok for New York teams to have double, triple, and quadtruple the salaries of their leagues is beyond me. Of course U love Nash. 2 MVPs make him a front-runner LOVER. Get a grip and root for the Panthers or Hurricanes.
Get a grip and root for the Panthers or Hurricanes.
U R a silly front-runner
Tiger, Gordon, NY Yankees

I should root for the panthers or hurricanes why exactly?
I'm a front-runner because of who I root for? You're truly a jackass when you say things like that troy....truly. I've been rooting for tiger since I saw him in an amateur Open championship in 1995. I've been a Yanks fan before you were born. I've been rooting for Gordon since I got interested in nascar...not because he's leading the chase pts total. I've been rooting for Nash since I first noticed him playing for DALLAS (who btw he's played longer for than he has for the Suns hotshot.)He plays the kind of ball I like.......long before he ever got his 1st MVP{. Why don't you stick to the points on hand instead of being a jackass....that seems to be your first line of defense.

I never said it was OK for the Yankees to have a larger payroll than other teams they compete against....I've ALWAYS said...if you don't like it..tough shiznit...CHANGE THE FREAKIN RULES to prevent it.

See...I adress your questions accusations.....I don't avoid them like a ----- like you do.....I'm still waiting for a response to your idiotic claim "The move is a gross abuse of a NO-salary cap league

Unread 06 May 2007, 08:17 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

since we're talking about the game how about mr mvp and his choking. imagine being a two time MVP and letting your team down late in the fourth when it counts. i mean hell he didn't single handedly do it all and win this "must win" playoff game.

not that we should be suprised. after all how many championships has he led his team to? we all know it's a one person game and since he's the MVP anything less than a championship (regardless of what his teammates do) is nothing less than the epitome of choking.

LMAO pay over 10 million for a choker who performs in the regular season and wins all kinds of awards but can't single handedly lead his team to the promised land......or shoot even the finals for that matter.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Ok Hork it is obvious U are tryin to find humor in a sarcastic way. Do went out and nailed a 3 and if not for a blood rule would have played every second. He is a fighter and they are not dead yet. If U are being funny in a not so funny way then fine. But if U are at all serious U need help my friend.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:29 PM

this is some of the funniest shiznit Ken has ever posted..and I'm flabbergasted that a man of your IQ hasn't gotten it yet Troy.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Rich I never avoid U. I have answered ur lil question of wanting me to explain my comments several times. Should I speak sl o w e r........ Just because there is no cap on place does NOT mean U should ABUSE the amount of money U throw at players just can U can get away with it. Yanks don't care. They start off with $250-$300 mill payroll chipstack and hollers "All in" every hand. Then some $40 or $50 million dollar payroll will knock 'em out and the crying will start. The whole POINT here is if U win with all the money U spend it will be dilluted by all the naysayers. If U lose people will pile on. So even there there is NO salary cap, it DOESN'T mean U should abuse the system. To me baseball is beyond flawed. Whining about a Sheffield or Giambi (Roids) is not the BIG issue. It is the lopsided sliding scale in which the league has.

How as fans do we not cry foul. Cowboys won 3 of 4 (Shoulda been 4 straight) yet salary cap casualties hurt and we lost every talented player we had on defense. LMAO Raiders paying Washington all that money after they wouldnt throw at Deion. Show me any other in justice in sports and I will defend the little guy everytime. Not a NYY thing just a bully thing.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:38 PM

If there is NO cap there can be NO abuse.

and btw.....YOU mister frontrunner...I remember you jumping on the Sox bandwagon a couple years ago.......
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:42 PM

btw....you think it's right that Ariz with a 51 mil payroll that Randy Johnson should make 9+ million of that?

While I realize that you never fail to embellish your posts with absurd numbers that are obviously wrong....here are the salaries in MLB....you're just a tad short on the Yanks payroll..

1 Yankees $189,639,045
2 Red Sox $143,026,214
3 Mets $115,231,663
4 Angels $109,631,333
5 White Sox $108,671,833
6 Dodgers $108,454,524
7 Mariners $106,460,833
8 Cubs $99,670,332
9 Tigers $95,180,369
10 Orioles $93,554,808
11 Cardinals $90,286,823
12 Giants $90,219,056
13 Phillies $89,428,213
14 Astros $87,559,000
15 Braves $86,880,833
16 Blue Jays $81,942,800
17 Athletics $80,199,440
18 Twins $71,439,500
19 Brewers $70,986,500
20 Reds $68,522,480
21 Rangers $68,318,675
22 Royals $67,116,500
23 Indians $61,673,267
24 Padres $58,110,567
25 Rockies $54,424,000
26 Diamondbacks $51,686,546
27 Pirates $38,537,833
28 Nationals $37,307,500
29 Marlins $30,507,000
30 Devil Rays $24,123,500
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Rich I totally get it. He is mocking me by trying to counter with Suns abuse. The only problem is I have facts and truth behind my frustrations of baseball. DBacks won the 2001 World Series. We couldn't afford to hold that team together. So what .We got the youngest team with a ton of young talent growing together. Better record than NY Yankees BTW. Payroll for us this year is $52 mill. 9 mill goes to Randy who is our 5th starter. More of a sentimental move than anything. Rich who would U rather have for a baseball team right now this minute. AZ or NY. Forget about money. Young talent all from this organization with low salaries and a love for the game? Or a bunch of overpaid -----s who flock from all teams to get paid then fold under the NY media scrutiny. I guess we will never see eye-to-eye on this issue. I think I am right yet only get response from th 4 or 5 players here who are all Yank fans. Go figure they don't agree. Only opinion I can listen to is O's. He is a level headed guy with the least bias here. If Im wrong Im wrong. I'll take AZ's situation right now. Guess what if they win it will be GREAT. Not another day at the office for the premadonnas. I mean Yankees.
Unread 06 May 2007, 08:49 PM

so it's ok for a lower echelon team to pay 17% of their team's payroll for a 5th starter for "sentimental reasons....but it's not ok for the Yanks to pay 15% of their team's payroll to guy (with 7 Cy Youngs)who can help them get this season back on track and win many games for them? You don't see the flaw in that logic?