Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Golf
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Golf FORE!

Unread 23 Apr 2007, 07:49 PM

Default Duvda

Here's hoping all turns out well.

Family Issues Put Duval Out of Action
By Associated Press - April 22, 2007
David Duval hasn't played the PGA TOUR in two months and could play only sparingly through the summer because his wife is having a difficult pregnancy with their second child and will be on bed rest until the baby is due in August.

"I've been home taking care of the family," Duval said Saturday from his home outside Denver, where he was getting ready for a birthday party for his 2-year-old son, Brady.

Susie Duval also had a tough pregnancy with Brady and was on bed rest the final six months.

Duval, whose 13 victories include a British Open, used a one-time exemption for being in the top 25 on the career money list to keep his card for the 2007 season. He has played only five times, with his best finish a tie for 36th at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in February. His last tournament was the following week at the Nissan Open, where he missed the cut.

His wife has three children from a previous marriage, and Duval has been busy the last two month taking care of her and the children, the oldest a junior in high school.

While he chose not to discuss specifics of his wife's pregnancy, he said she was doing better but still is taking it easy. The couple is expecting a girl.

"She's pretty much reclined most of the day," he said. "She'll never have a 'normal' pregnancy. We just have to be careful."

Duval said he might play the Wachovia Championship depending on how his wife feels. He is not eligible for The Players Championship, which he won in 1999 to rise to No. 1 in the world. Duval grew up in Jacksonville, Fla.

It was not clear if he could ask the PGA TOUR for a medical extension for next year if he misses a large portion of the season. Had he not taken his one-time exemption for top 25 in career money, he likely would have fallen out of the top 25. He still can use another exemption for top 50 in career money.

"I certainly hope the tour would look at that, but I'm not worried about it or thinking about it," he said. "This is something unexpected. I had planned on playing, but family jumps ahead of everything else."
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no