Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 07 Feb 2011, 12:51 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default If you had seats for the Super Bowl...

If you'd found tickets, however you found them...made your way to Dallas...spent whatever money you'd spent to get and stay there. Then, when you're all pumped up to be at the game, you're told....

...the NFL doesn't deem your seats safe enough- we'll refund you triple the face value of your tickets

would you understand and be OK with it?

That's exactly what some people had happen to them today. Regardless of how much they were inconvenienced, how much over face value they actually paid for those tickets, they were given $1,800-$3,600 for $600-$1,200 face value tickets and a 'sorry'.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 01:21 AM
Got Xbox One?

It's crap, all of that stuff should have been worked out before the tickets were sold.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
It's crap, all of that stuff should have been worked out before the tickets were sold.
Agreed.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 09:09 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

given all of the problems the city had i sincerely hope they don't give them another super bowl ever. give it to cities that have demonstrated they can handle the event as clearly dallas and specifically the cowboys organization proved unworthy of hosting.

but that said, congrats to the packers and the steelers for giving us a game that was actually worth watching.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 09:55 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
If you'd found tickets, however you found them...made your way to Dallas...spent whatever money you'd spent to get and stay there. Then, when you're all pumped up to be at the game, you're told....

...the NFL doesn't deem your seats safe enough- we'll refund you triple the face value of your tickets

would you understand and be OK with it?

That's exactly what some people had happen to them today. Regardless of how much they were inconvenienced, how much over face value they actually paid for those tickets, they were given $1,800-$3,600 for $600-$1,200 face value tickets and a 'sorry'.
Just awful. Imagine you drive down from Pennsylvania or Greenbay to watch your team in the Superbowl. You pay a few thousand for your tickets, a few hundred on gas for the car, a hundred or so on lodging on the way down there. A few more hundred for lodging while in Dallas
Five hundred or more on food for your road trip.

Now it's Super Bowl morning and its off to the stadium for the big game. You get up to the gate and are told this BS. You look at the faces of your kids and wife. The kids are thinking that Dad can fix anything, he always does. Not this time!!!!! You have to tell the kids that there is nothing he can do, nothing the stadium people can do. We cannot go in.

THree times the face value of the ticket does not come close to covering costs for the trip. Heck, how do you put a price on the experience you had planned with the family..
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 11:07 AM
Coach

I agree it is BS. But not to ever give the best stadium another Bowl is ridiculous. For the record I lived in Big D for 3 years and it usually doesn't have weather like that. Wait til next year and see how NY does as far as weather is concerned.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 11:41 AM
JSAdmin

I still think the easy kill 2 birds with one stone answer regarding Super Bowls is.........make LA its permanent home...at least unless/until they get a team again

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 12:18 PM
Coach

Hate this idea. I mean teams like AZ Cards built a retractable dome for this very reason. Super Bowl is a tremendous boost to economy and visibility. Hollywood really need that? Hey weather should never stop a game. Old schoolers would say play in the mud or snow. But maybe make accommodations for these fans who got screwed. Get em in the building.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 12:29 PM

They should maintain those names/addresses of those people and make SURE they get treated extra special at the next SB game....just my opinion.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 01:07 PM
GM

Talk about a bad investment of money. I seem to remember this stadium is a billion with a b plus dollar stadium and some of the seats are unsafe. How the heck did that happen. And what exactly made these seats unsafe in the first place?

Oh so they wanted more people in the stadium no doubt to try to break the record for the amount of people watching the super bowl at where it is being played but all of sudden the NFL figured out the temporary seats are unsafe. I am all for safety of the public of course but the Cowboys need to do everything possible to make this right for the people that had those temporary seats that were deemed unsafe. If someone has receipts for things such as the price of the tickets, food, and where they were staying in Dallas then either the Cowboys or the NFL should pay all of that money to these people that had the unsafe seats period.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Fans given food/drink and tickets to next year's game.

http://pub.vitrue.com/fhE

Nick
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 02:28 PM
JSAdmin

from your link:
"NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tweeted Monday the 400 fans were invited onto the field after the game, offered free merchandise, food and beverage, given $2,400 (three times the face value of their tickets) and free tickets to next year’s Super Bowl."

....if that's not enough, someone's expectations are too high

Unread 07 Feb 2011, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Talk about a bad investment of money. I seem to remember this stadium is a billion with a b plus dollar stadium and some of the seats are unsafe. How the heck did that happen. And what exactly made these seats unsafe in the first place?

Oh so they wanted more people in the stadium no doubt to try to break the record for the amount of people watching the super bowl at where it is being played but all of sudden the NFL figured out the temporary seats are unsafe. I am all for safety of the public of course but the Cowboys need to do everything possible to make this right for the people that had those temporary seats that were deemed unsafe. If someone has receipts for things such as the price of the tickets, food, and where they were staying in Dallas then either the Cowboys or the NFL should pay all of that money to these people that had the unsafe seats period.
These were not permanent seats. It was temporary seating that was being put in place so that Jerry Jones can say that he hosted the SB with the largest attendance ever. The fire marshal came in on Saturday and said the seats were not up to snuff. The seats were still suppose to be fixed by kickoff time. Well, that never happened.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 06:26 PM
Coach

I heard they were up to snuff but couldnt get them inspected in time. Either way they were really compensated. Got to do A LOT others did not. Now Steeler fans REALLY made out. Ever wish you sold your tickets cuz your team didnt show up or lost a big game? Well not only did they get 3 times face they can probably do the same next year. Who knows maybe their team makes it. Sure a seat in New York may go for more than one in Big D. Memorabilia, food, drink, on field grabbing confetti, souvenirs, pics from that POV, etc. I think they did ok at the end of the day. The kicker is the ticket to Next year's game! They will likely make $5,000 per ticket for both games... So guess the NFL and or Jerry Jones did what they could.
Unread 07 Feb 2011, 09:36 PM
alive

I understand this and Jerry Jones - at least to a degree, anyway.

But please, someone tell me wth this has to do with the Cowboys. Please.