Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 08 Feb 2011, 09:02 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
I understand this and Jerry Jones - at least to a degree, anyway.

But please, someone tell me wth this has to do with the Cowboys. Please.
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 09:03 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

randy, when folks refer to cowboys in this case i think it's meant to be the cowboys organization (as in management and facilities) clearly the players and coaches had nothing to do with it.

still though the cowboys should be held completely responsible and should not receive another game given their inability to manage the one they had (read as jones letting hubris once again get in the way)

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 09:40 AM
Coach

Still has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Dallas Cowboys. THey didnt make the weather go bad or the fire marshall not approve added seats in time. Jerry Jones owns the stadium as if this were a monster truck gala. Or a Kiss concert. This is an event awarded to the city of Dallas. Jerry Jones and his stadium. As a building Owner not a team owner. Cowboys dont get any of this money. IMO it was a bad deal but to fault a city, owner, for some unfortunate incident as well as some of you the Cowboys is uncalled for. IMOx2 the 400 have been amply compensated. Half are glad as their team lost anyway. Hate on Jerry Jones all u want. I dont like him. He fired Tom Landry. But leave the Cowboys org. and the city of Dallas out of this. Jerry Jones and a fire Marshall are to blame.
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 10:56 AM
GM

troy what part is the hard part for you? jerry jones is the cowboys organization so how can you say on one hand,

"Jerry Jones and a fire Marshall are to blame." (btw the marshall was doing his job as he's charged with ensuring the public safety and as a result is not at all to blame).

and then in the same breath....

"But leave the Cowboys org. and the city of Dallas out of this."?

he went out of his way to set a record for attendence and clearly was willing to sacrafice spectator safety to achieve this. it is his fault and he should be held responsible. not the NFL, not the fire marshall, and not the city just the cowboys.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 01:02 PM
Coach

Default U get it now?????

NFL takes blame after fans left out by ticket problems

http://sportifi.com/news/NFL-takes-b...ms-683385.html

NFL takes blame after fans left out by ticket problems

Read more: NFL takes blame after fans left out by ticket problems - The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz1DOLFpQDC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17324049

NFL gives free Super Bowl XLVI tickets to 400 left out Sunday's game

The seating problems belong to the league. Goodell took the rap for it.

Jerry may be the worst GM in league, and is running our Cowboys into the ground. However, this is not on Jerry. Three or four weeks ago, he gave the keys to the stadium and the metroplex to the NFL. This is all on them. Shuttle buses, NFL's job, lack of security at entrances, NFL's job, seating issues, NFL, it was all on the NFL. If Jerry wasnt smart enough to own part of the concessions, he would have lost money on this gig, just like all other owners do.
Blame them, not Jerry. Keep your anger towards Jerry for running the Cowboys into the ground. I had two good friend from Green Bay who were part of the 400 that had to watch the game on TV. They were more upset about issues with parking, getting into the stadium etc.,, than the fact they lost their seats, which sucked by the way.
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 01:02 PM
Coach

"It's obviously a failure on our part, and we have to take responsibility for that," Goodell said.

Eric Grubman, the NFL's senior vice president of business ventures, said the league was aware of the potential for ticket problems by the middle of last week, but decided not to say anything publicly because it felt the problems could be rectified by game day. The installation of some temporary seats was at issue, as inspectors from the Arlington police and fire departments determined some seats couldn't be used because of potential safety problems.

Read more: NFL takes blame after fans left out by ticket problems - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz1DOLXW3vt
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 01:06 PM
Coach

Will consider this dropped. But man you can be thick sometimes. Being even asked you. PLEASE tell me what the Cowboys have to do with this?

The COWBOYS play football in the Venue that held the Super Bowl. The NFL is in charge of EVERYTHING! Jerry Jones used his new toy which houses a ton of events including the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys did not earn a berth in the Super Bowl so any mention of them is silly. The NFL has taken responsibility. I was even wrong thinking Jerry was to blame in any way. Everyone has stated this is the NFL's problem alone. Google it. Blog it. Whatever. End of story.
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 01:44 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

what exactly were these last 3 posts intending to prove?

most of us, including hork, 'got it' awhile ago....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 01:46 PM
Coach

He was wrong. Not trying to prove anything but that. Being a Cowboys fan I take offense in the attack. Him being a Philly fan there is a natural rivalry. They booed Santa. SCOREBOARD!
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 02:40 PM
GM

i'll leave this discussion with just some final thoughts (and for the sake of peace will refrain from further discourse)

first, it has nothing to do with who i like, as i said explicitly before it is the cowboy organization who is to blame not the players and/or coaches. evidence for this can be found here. pay close attention to the part that cites how the organization added these seats in an attempt to win the bid (they were not added, proposed, or implemented by the NFL)...... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...per-bowl_N.htm

second, i realize the nfl was good enough to compensate the fans, however i sincerely hope they recoup their losses from those responsible. as they shouldn't bear the burden that resulted from false promises and piss pour planning.

as for weather, obviously one can't blame the city for their inability to handle weather they're not accustomed to. but, i can blame again the facility and organization for not taking care of their grounds and so too can the folks who "struck by the chunks of melting ice that slid off the roof of Cowboys Stadium on Friday afternoon"

i realize every story is open to interpretation, i'll just give you the facts as stated and let folks decide for themselves. and i'll do it without pointing fingers, implying others on these boards are "thick", or go out of my way to embed back handed insults.

Unread 08 Feb 2011, 02:42 PM
Coach

Fair enough. Respect your opinion.
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 03:01 PM
Coach

BTW the writer of that article keeps saying that Dallas needs to learn from their mistakes. The stadium is in Arlington. I also thought this was Jerry's fault. Wrong or right we both thought it was his fault. But I can only find apologies from Goodell and the NFL through tweets, publications, and blogs. Dont see Jerry apologizing. BTW all the tickets and compensation came from the league. I believe it goes like this. Stadium owners give proposals to the NFL for hosting of the big game. Part of getting accepted was breaking the record which Jerry's proposal. What seems to be overlooked is who may have not wanted this record broken?

No fault can be found placed on he City of Arlington or it's Fire Dept.

So unless I can find concrete fact that it is Jerry Jones to blame I have to listen to the NFL, it's board, and commissioner when they apologize.

I just want it know that if Jerry Jones goes out and runs over someone with his car....It wasnt the Dallas Cowboys driving. It was his stadium that was rented out to the NFL for it's biggest game. Correct me if Im wrong but I believe the Dallas Cowboys also pay to use this stadium.
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
He was wrong. Not trying to prove anything but that. Being a Cowboys fan I take offense in the attack. Him being a Philly fan there is a natural rivalry. They booed Santa. SCOREBOARD!

remember that next time there is a Yankees discussion please...
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 08 Feb 2011, 08:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
The difference is the Yankees have 547 titles and they are more fun to boo, mock, deride and patronize. The Cowboys are merely in the discussion with the Steelers, Packers, etc. for the best NFL franchise in history--certainly not the front-runner though.

All in jest...

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 09 Feb 2011, 05:10 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Well next year when the game is in New Jersey and something goes wrong he will blame the Yankees Organization.