Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 16 Jun 2008, 05:09 AM
Coach

Don't understand how a cute little joke can get twisted. It is now 91 degrees at 2am. I am in Surprise. If you are tracking downtown then maybe a few degrees higher. My temp clock outside shows 88. Inside it is 79. Just turned it up to 82 as it was getting nippy in here. Just don't see how stating it was 89-95 when getting to Max's was so FoS?
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 05:14 AM
Coach

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...nav_undeclared

Was about 96-101 from 6pm-7pm. It said it feels like 5 degrees less. If you click Yesterday and today it shows what it feels like. (Clouds etc.) I dunno. Today I told you what it felt like from the car to insdie Max's for poker. 12 secs in the sun. Get over it.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 12:35 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_711 View Post
Did you happen to read State of Fear ? I was wondering about some of the weather-related issues discussed in the book and if they were possible or not?
Nope I have not...but I can try to answer any questions you may have.

Re: the heat - I was never pampered with AC when I was younger so I dont hardly ever put it on. Not to mention the cost of electricity these days kills me. Even in the summer when its 90 degrees with a dewpoint of 65 I wont turn it on...its at night that kills me...trying to sleep when its 70-75 at night...YUCK.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 08:48 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I'd take 110 Degrees over 85-90 degrees/100% humidity any freaking day. You can't escape the humidity in the shade and/or the mosquitoes who seem to feast on humid days in Atlanta.

www.fairtax.org

Unread 16 Jun 2008, 09:15 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJr View Post
Nope I have not...but I can try to answer any questions you may have.

Re: the heat - I was never pampered with AC when I was younger so I dont hardly ever put it on. Not to mention the cost of electricity these days kills me. Even in the summer when its 90 degrees with a dewpoint of 65 I wont turn it on...its at night that kills me...trying to sleep when its 70-75 at night...YUCK.
Try turning the AC on in your bedroom for an hour before you go to bed to cool the room off. Shut it off when you go to bed and it may help getting to sleep.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 10:26 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgcountry View Post
I'd take 110 Degrees over 85-90 degrees/100% humidity any freaking day. You can't escape the humidity in the shade and/or the mosquitoes who seem to feast on humid days in Atlanta.

Again, take no offense to this, this is just the meteorologist coming out...

In order to get 100% humidity you would have to have the temperature and dew point be exactly the same. The US record for dewpoint is 86 in northwestern IA (extra moisture contained in corn evaporates and causes the dew point to rise...i'm not kidding) And rarely do you see dewpoints in the low 80s. So...85-90 with 100% is possible, but VERY unlikely. 85-90 with a dewpoint of 75 is just nasty though.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 10:28 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
Try turning the AC on in your bedroom for an hour before you go to bed to cool the room off. Shut it off when you go to bed and it may help getting to sleep.

The bummer thing is that I live in an apartment that has one AC unit in the liviing room. So If I want to cool the bedroom off I need to have a convoy of 3-4 fans blowing the air from the AC to the hallway, down the hallway and into the bedroom. LOL.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 11:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
The bummer thing is that I live in an apartment that has one AC unit in the liviing room. So If I want to cool the bedroom off I need to have a convoy of 3-4 fans blowing the air from the AC to the hallway, down the hallway and into the bedroom. LOL.
WOW...that brings back memories. The first two years of our married life my wife and I lived in a similar apartment. I can remember dragging the matress into the living room and sleeping on the floor there. The upside is my electric bills then were nothing compared to what I pay for central air now.
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 04:40 AM
Coach

It is 80 degrees in the house right now. A bit of a chill as I am in boxers only. I know it was hot today but I wasn't more than 5 mins all day even close to breakin a sweat.
Unread 18 Jun 2008, 07:32 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Again, take no offense to this, this is just the meteorologist coming out...

In order to get 100% humidity you would have to have the temperature and dew point be exactly the same. The US record for dewpoint is 86 in northwestern IA (extra moisture contained in corn evaporates and causes the dew point to rise...i'm not kidding) And rarely do you see dewpoints in the low 80s. So...85-90 with 100% is possible, but VERY unlikely. 85-90 with a dewpoint of 75 is just nasty though.
No offense - Its the local weather forecasters who like to throw around the high humidty numbers. We normally have afternoon storms that start quickly and end quickly then the sun is back out cooking everyone. Would that not cause the humidity to spike?

www.fairtax.org

Unread 19 Jun 2008, 12:33 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgcountry View Post
No offense - Its the local weather forecasters who like to throw around the high humidty numbers. We normally have afternoon storms that start quickly and end quickly then the sun is back out cooking everyone. Would that not cause the humidity to spike?
definitely would....but the reason the RH would spike is because the temperature cools down closer to the dewpoint because of the rain.

For example, lets say ATL has a temp of 90 with a dewpoint of 71. This RH is only around 53.85%. Storms roll through, knocks the temperature down to 75. So now the RH is around 87.42%. Sun comes back out and starts to warm the air temperature. At the same time raising the dewpoint as the moisture from the storm evaporates back into the air as well. So now the temperature recovers back to 82 in the evening, but at the same time the dewpoint rises to around 75. This means the RH would still be around 79%. THATs what makes it feel so sticky after thunderstorms. Thats a 26% increase in the RH.
Unread 19 Jun 2008, 01:43 PM
Got Xbox One?

Quote:
The US record for dewpoint is 86 in northwestern IA
Hey,

I knew this area sucked. I'm outta here.

Would love to move to someplace like Arizona, the wife is not having any of it tho. Guess I need to give her the boot???

Who's playing timeout for trivia?
Unread 19 Jun 2008, 06:32 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

you think people in the southeastern US have it bad? try the middle east......this is disgusting.

Quote:
Record high dew point

The highest recorded dew point was 95°F, reported in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia at 3 p.m. July 8, 2003. The temperature was 108°F resulting in an apparent temperature or Heat Index of 172°F
Unread 19 Jun 2008, 07:35 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
you think people in the southeastern US have it bad? try the middle east......this is disgusting.
brings new meaning to the phrase 'boiled in oil', eh?

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 19 Jun 2008, 10:02 PM
Prospect

Troy,
What are you talking about its nice in Arizona. Its 100+ from May to October. July thru sept. its unbearable humidity. Dust storms for half the year. Flash floods several times during the summer. Lighting nightly and daily during the summer. And let's not forget the drought thats been going on for some time.

PS There was a tornado north of phoenix about 3 or 4 years ago.