Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 17 Sep 2013, 08:12 AM

Default My gun

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in the doorway. I left 6 shells beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so.

In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself.

Well, you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons.
I hear they're making people fat.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 18 Sep 2013, 03:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Here's an interesting piece about gun control and the current laws that are ignored by...THE GOVERNMENT!

The article cites three incidents where people were allowed to continue "as normal" despite the government's knowledge that these people might be a security risk.

Quote:
Alexis passed several military background checks, gained high-level security clearance and had access to multiple military installations. The civilian contractor who employed Alexis blasted the feds on Tuesday for failing to fully disclose his history. “Anything that suggests criminal problems or mental health issues, that would be a flag,” Thomas Hoshko of The Experts told The Washington Post. “We would not have hired him.” And 12 innocent people might still be alive today.

The feds buried concerns about Hasan and instead kept him employed to prevent accusations of discrimination. They did not want to be “crucified,” according to one Army investigator. Twelve innocent men and women, plus one unborn baby, died as a consequence of the government’s malign neglect and feckless indulgence of political correctness.

How did this young, single male from Nigeria of limited means get into the country in the first place, let alone end up at the TSA? I’ve heard from countless veterans and former police officers over the years who were rejected from TSA positions for being “overqualified.” Yet somehow Onuoha moved to the front of the TSA employment line
Unread 18 Sep 2013, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

But, wait. I thought the government could do no wrong. After all, it's "of the people, for the people, by the people", right?