Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 22 Dec 2007, 06:20 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

again my ignorance shows through. i thought that if a stock hadn't split we would only be able to buy 10k shares of it.

perhaps i should just stay out of it until the specifics are released before i confuse anyone else

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 06:26 PM
alive

Stocks that have not split -- you can buy/sell 10,000 shares daily
Stocks that have split:
Current max - 40,000 then you can buy/sell 40,000 daily
Current max - 50,000 then you can buy/sell 50,000 daily
Current max - 100,000 then you can buy/sell 100,000 daily

Any splits greater than 100,000? Do NOT sell, because you won't be able to buy them back
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 06:48 PM
GM

thanks randy for clearing that up.

my next question is, given there are only 13 splits that are under 100k (12 @ 50k and 1 @ 40k -- 10 MLB and 3 NHL) currently active (unless I'm missing someone) wouldn't it just be easier to either reverse those splits or simply up the daily max of those 12 to 100k as well?

I'm not sure how the programming works but it seems like that would be easier for all parties rather than try to remember who you can buy what max for.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 07:43 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Actually, my thought has been........if it is currently allowable to be holding over 10k shares of a stock (in other words, if the stock has split at least once and not, in the past, had that split reversed), we'd allow you to daytrade up to 100k shares.

Splits currently UNDER 100k shares?
2 choices...the easy one being, we change their max shares TO 100k, simply adding them to the list of stocks you could daytrade 100k shares of....OR, we resplit those stocks to 100k shares prior to the change and allow you to daytrade up to 100k shares.

I have NO intention of having confusing max shares- it's either 10k or 100k...period.

Stocks with a max share OVER 100k? Well, their max would STILL be set at 100k...which means you COULD still opt to daytrade 100k shares......your choice on whether you'd do that over holding 1mil shares.
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 08:02 PM
GM

and just when i thought i had everything figured out......

so the situation with splits is going to change? currently we can not sell partial stocks (i.e., 10k shares) and buy them back if the total will exceed 10k. are you saying that we can day trade 100k even if we still hold 900k?

Unread 22 Dec 2007, 08:11 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
and just when i thought i had everything figured out......

so the situation with splits is going to change? currently we can not sell partial stocks (i.e., 10k shares) and buy them back if the total will exceed 10k. are you saying that we can day trade 100k even if we still hold 900k?
no no.....I'm simply saying that stocks that have split will have their max share limit set to 100k shares...no different than what I do during amnesty in setting a 100k split's max to 100k. The differences here are that splits OVER 100k will ALSO have a max share limit of 100k....you can still HOLD your 1mil shares (or whatever over 100k)...it's just that if you sold them, you could only rebuy up to 100k max shares (currently you could only buy up to 10k shares).

Example:
You're holding 1mil shares of a stock.
If you sold 900k, you couldn't rebuy ANY shares because you're already holding 100k. But if you sold 1mil shares, you'd be able to rebuy 100k shares.

Stocks that have not split would be unchanged...10k max.
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 08:20 PM
JSAdmin

If you are currently holding LESS than 100k of a split, you would be allowed to buy whatever shares short of 100k....up to a holding of 100k total.

....just like happens at every amnesty

Look at this as an amnesty that doesn't end.....don't have a split or don't have 100k of it? The system will let you buy. Wanna sell it to not be hit with a neg? No problem...since this would continue, you could sell your 100k shares today and rebuy it tomorrow.
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 08:25 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
no no.....I'm simply saying that stocks that have split will have their max share limit set to 100k shares...no different than what I do during amnesty in setting a 100k split's max to 100k. The differences here are that splits OVER 100k will ALSO have a max share limit of 100k....you can still HOLD your 1mil shares (or whatever over 100k)...it's just that if you sold them, you could only rebuy up to 100k max shares (currently you could only buy up to 10k shares).

Example:
You're holding 1mil shares of a stock.
If you sold 900k, you couldn't rebuy ANY shares because you're already holding 100k. But if you sold 1mil shares, you'd be able to rebuy 100k shares.
OK that's what I thought the deal was, I guess I misread your previous post. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be difficult just easily confused.