Georgia 3 50.00%
UGA 0 0%
Georgia Bulldogs 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02 Jan 2008, 10:03 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Go Big - Or go home....

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 02 Jan 2008, 10:27 PM
Got Xbox One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgcountry View Post
Do you expect me, as a fan of the team, not to respond to a such uninformed post such as yours? You have no point on my objectivity. Its common sense - you play to win and win big... at the same time walking the fine line of not running up the score to 100. You can prove a point by scoring 40 to 50 points - once that point is proved you play out the time clock. Its not my advice - its called good coaching. Furthermore, Hawaii came back on 28 points in a half this year! Should we just ignore that fact? Should we ignore all the other major upsets and comebacks from around college football that happened this year - Nothing is a given!

As far as the records between UGA/Hawaii and the USC comments (maybe throw in ur advice comment) - I'll take those smarta$$ comments with a grain of salt - they were made b/c your arguement is baseless and you really have no point to prove - just trying to push people buttons.
Hey,

It's not a matter of running up the score, it's about rubbing their faces in it. I don't care if Georgia wins 150 - 0. There is no reason to try for a TD when up by that much when dominating the game the way they did. If they had scored on first, second or third down you would not have heard $hit from me about it, they should have kicked a field goal, period.

Let me ask you a question. In your heart of hearts when you were up by 30 did you think Hawaii was coming back? The game was long over and Georgia had put in second and third stringers and Hawaii still could not stop them. They only had one good drive the entire game. It was a total domination by the Dawgs.

Your only problem is that someone called these jacka$$es on it.

As far points to prove, the score is

Black Diamond -27
Dawgcountry -0

Unread 03 Jan 2008, 05:24 AM
Standout

there you said it yourself they put in 2nd and 3rd stringers, i dont care if the score is 150-0 you want your backups to score, why you ask? well when they dont hardly ever get to play,they practice all day long and all they get to do is watch and i dont ever remember seeing in a RULE BOOK that you have to stop scoring when you are up so many points!!

lepconn 14
blackdiamond-0
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 09:00 AM
Got Xbox One?

Hey,

Remember when I started this thread it was about class or lack there of of Georgia. Someone else changed it to be about running up the score. I still maintain that they should have kicked a field goal instead or trying to rub their faces in it.

If what lep says is true about backups getting a chance to score, what about the backup kicker? Why should he be left out of the scoring?

Nice touch adding that little score thingie at the end, you are no Dr. Pepper that's for sure.
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 12:00 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post

lol at the irony of it all.
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 04:58 PM
Standout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
Hey,

Remember when I started this thread it was about class or lack there of of Georgia. Someone else changed it to be about running up the score. I still maintain that they should have kicked a field goal instead or trying to rub their faces in it.

If what lep says is true about backups getting a chance to score, what about the backup kicker? Why should he be left out of the scoring?

Nice touch adding that little score thingie at the end, you are no Dr. Pepper that's for sure.

lol, didnt think about the dang kicker ,you are right...they shouldve let him kick...
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 09:56 PM
GM

The guy for U.S.C. that did the little flip in the end zone after his team was way up against the Illinois in the Rose Bowl.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 09:59 PM
GM

Speaking of U.S.C. could they beat either Ohio State or L.S.U.?

I know I know don't stir the pot Peter.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 11:05 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Speaking of U.S.C. could they beat either Ohio State or L.S.U.?

I know I know don't stir the pot Peter.
They would slaughter Ohio State.
Unread 03 Jan 2008, 11:10 PM
Coach

Hey, if Hawaii didn't belong on the same field with Georgia then they probably should have declined the bowl appearance and hid in their dorms.

Just kidding, of course. But this is major college athletics and it seems silly to quit scoring just because your opponent has a bad game.

The classless fans are a different story though...