Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 20 Jun 2008, 06:19 AM
Coach

This is the dumbest post ever on this site. Lightning nightly? Dust storms? Has there been one this year? Then after saying they're severalflash floods you say it has been a drought forever? Are you a kid? 100+ from maybe mid June-late August. Dry heat. No humidity. It is uncomfortable when you sweat due to a lot of humidity. It has been a bit warm of late but overall very nice. We had dinner on the patio at a local eatery and the misting system kept it nice and cool.
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
This is the dumbest post ever on this site.
Not even close......
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 07:37 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Not even close......
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 08:21 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Ya know....there can be flash flooding even during a drought, 'a bit warm' differs from person to person (I'm uncomfortable before it even hits 85), and lightning is less likely in the 'flats' where you are, Troy.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 09:29 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

actually flash floods are MORE likely during a drought because the ground is so dry it can't absorb the rain fast enough.
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 01:17 PM
Coach

O he came out and attacked me for no reason. Said "Troy, what are you talking about." Then started about 5 lies about AZ. Of course I am going to take exception. Humidity? Flash floods, daily lightning and several dust storms? Flash floods? I am a native of this state and if he is going to outright lie as a joke that's fine. Like I am told put a smiley after. Unless he does so I don't see why he should come at me with zero recourse. Sorry!
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 01:27 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:
O he came out and attacked me for no reason. Said "Troy, what are you talking about." Then started about 5 lies about AZ. Of course I am going to take exception. Humidity? Flash floods, daily lightning and several dust storms? Flash floods? I am a native of this state and if he is going to outright lie as a joke that's fine. Like I am told put a smiley after. Unless he does so I don't see why he should come at me with zero recourse. Sorry!
you have GOT to be kidding me

'What are you talking about' is a personal attack now?!
Stating his opinion on his own weather is spreading lies?

I don't have the time to even dissect how much drivel this is.
We've got members going under the knife with their very lives at stake and you're wasting our time defending your state's weather like it's yours personally?

And you'll note- no smilie

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 03:44 PM

Unread 20 Jun 2008, 07:05 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Troy, what he said about the weather in AZ are not all lies. They are all true, although they may not be true where you live. There are dust storms, there are daily lightning storms due to the monsoon season in late summer, due to the parched ground that can't absorb the rain there are flash floods.

But like I said, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 08:16 PM
Lost in the Woods(again)

Quote:
This is the dumbest post ever on this site. Lightning nightly? Dust storms? Has there been one this year? Then after saying they're severalflash floods you say it has been a drought forever? Are you a kid? 100+ from maybe mid June-late August. Dry heat. No humidity. It is uncomfortable when you sweat due to a lot of humidity. It has been a bit warm of late but overall very nice. We had dinner on the patio at a local eatery and the misting system kept it nice and cool.
Troy, I lived in Arizona from '95 to '06. There has been a drought going on since 97. Flagstaff and other cities in the north have water restriction since 2000 if not sooner. I lived and worked about an hour south of Phoenix. We get watch lighting strikes almost nightly especially down by Tucson.
I worked at prison for several years on the yard and there are no misting systems to you cool. It is a B****** in the heat. I give you 100 degrees in dry heat feels like 90 in most place but over 110 it don't matter its hot.
On the way to work I would have drive through several washes. It would not be unusual that the wash would be dry in the morning and be roof high at quiting time even though we had no rain that day.
I can't forget the forty mile winds. You never know what will be blown in to or out of your yard.
Unread 21 Jun 2008, 01:38 AM
Prospect

I will take the weather here in NorCal over anyother place in the U.S. Nice cool winters with cool rain. San Diego type weather for the Fall and Spring. Hot summers but the temp usually drops back down to the 50's at night so you can sleep. If I want to go to the snow it is only 1 1/2 hours to tahoe in the winter.
Unread 21 Jun 2008, 01:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
you have GOT to be kidding me

'What are you talking about' is a personal attack now?!
Stating his opinion on his own weather is spreading lies?

I don't have the time to even dissect how much drivel this is.
We've got members going under the knife with their very lives at stake and you're wasting our time defending your state's weather like it's yours personally?

And you'll note- no smilie
Easy Orren....at our age we have to watch the blood pressure. Some things just aint worth the raise in BP.
Unread 21 Jun 2008, 11:15 AM
Coach

Ya know Orren it gets really old. I start a fun light hearted thread. Someone sent it to me. I found it funny. Passed it along and somehow due to the few that hate to see me enjoy myself it got all crazy. Weather questioned. Facts blown way out of whack for some fringe city not even close to Phoenix. Then some Hatrick makes the statement "Troy what are you talking about" (Like I am lying) then goes on to exagerrate heavily on the facts. One sentence we have daily flash floods and the next we are in a drought. Lightning nightly and daily? I mean ridiculous how some hate for me to be involved without causing crapola. Yet you NEVER see it. Fine.
Unread 21 Jun 2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Ya know Orren it gets really old. I start a fun light hearted thread. Someone sent it to me. I found it funny. Passed it along and somehow due to the few that hate to see me enjoy myself it got all crazy. Weather questioned. Facts blown way out of whack for some fringe city not even close to Phoenix. Then some Hatrick makes the statement "Troy what are you talking about" (Like I am lying) then goes on to exagerrate heavily on the facts. One sentence we have daily flash floods and the next we are in a drought. Lightning nightly and daily? I mean ridiculous how some hate for me to be involved without causing crapola. Yet you NEVER see it. Fine.
"fun light hearted thread"

Really Troy? Thread title:

Arizona weather! Warning *graphic destruction*

Just to be clear...I'm pretty sure that you were discussing Arizona weather...not Phoenix weather.

Saying "what are you talking about" does NOT mean they were accusing you of lying. For someone that calls so many people idiots (please don't make me quote all your posts that you did that) you sure are oversensitive at times.
Unread 21 Jun 2008, 12:06 PM
JSAdmin

I 'see' a lot more than you realize......meanwhile your paranoia is showing again.

The thread, yes, was fine....then someone 'under whatever name' (whatever that means to you...he's been here as long as you have) says something you don't like.......even tho you admit you didn't KNOW what the temp was........then you don't like Hattrick questioning you and assume that's personal as well.

Do people sometimes say things differently than I'd prefer? Certainly...but questioning someone or their opinions doesn't equate to a personal attack requiring a counterattack.

You make assumptions that people are 'hating' on you then post things like you're begging TO be 'hated' on....so you know what? You often get exactly what you ask for. What's ridiculous to me...is that this surprises you (guess you now live in the right city).