Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 10 May 2010, 09:59 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default Dallas Braden

Interesting couple weeks for him, eh?

1.) Calls out ARod for running across the mound returning to first base. Yes, ARod likely knew and didn't care...but his comments basically saying 'who's Dallas Braden' were a bit over the top...but not as over the top as Braden's reaction

2.) Braden makes things worse by bringing this thing up again....how long after the incident. Really, get over it....

3.) Braden does something even most HOF pitchers never do over their entire careers....in his 54th career start...against the team with currently the best record in baseball.......

..and gets his perfect game (not just a no hitter, a PERFECT game) on Mothers Day...with his grandmother who raised him after his mother died at the game.....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 10 May 2010, 10:08 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
Interesting couple weeks for him, eh?

1.) Calls out ARod for running across the mound returning to first base. Yes, ARod likely knew and didn't care...but his comments basically saying 'who's Dallas Braden' were a bit over the top...but not as over the top as Braden's reaction

2.) Braden makes things worse by bringing this thing up again....how long after the incident. Really, get over it....

3.) Braden does something even most HOF pitchers never do over their entire careers....in his 54th career start...against the team with currently the best record in baseball.......

..and gets his perfect game (not just a no hitter, a PERFECT game) on Mothers Day...with his grandmother who raised him after his mother died at the game.....
I can't believe that A-Rod said he didn't want to "add to Braden's 15 minutes of fame" after the bases incident. Seems Braden wanted to prove something. It was a grade-"A" performance.
Unread 10 May 2010, 10:11 AM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20guy View Post
I can't believe that A-Rod said he didn't want to "add to Braden's 15 minutes of fame" after the bases incident. Seems Braden wanted to prove something. It was a grade-"A" performance.
Yeah, you get more than 15 minutes when you do something that had only been done 18 times before in MLB recorded history....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 10 May 2010, 10:49 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Yeah, you get more than 15 minutes when you do something that had only been done 18 times before in MLB recorded history....
I wonder how many times in MLB history someone ran across 3rd to 1st (across the pitcher's mound)? I'd have to say that's been done less than 18 times.
Unread 10 May 2010, 11:27 AM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20guy View Post
I wonder how many times in MLB history someone ran across 3rd to 1st (across the pitcher's mound)? I'd have to say that's been done less than 18 times.
Even I know that's one of those unwritten rules in baseball....pitchers are very territorial about their mound, they don't even like it when an infielder on their own team calls them off in order to catch an infield popup that means they step on the mound.

So I was completely baffled when ARod acted like he'd never heard of that....and Reggie Jackson said the same thing. I'd say maybe it's a Yankee thing but both of those guys played elsewhere, too...

Unread 10 May 2010, 12:20 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Even I know that's one of those unwritten rules in baseball....pitchers are very territorial about their mound, they don't even like it when an infielder on their own team calls them off in order to catch an infield popup that means they step on the mound.

So I was completely baffled when ARod acted like he'd never heard of that....and Reggie Jackson said the same thing. I'd say maybe it's a Yankee thing but both of those guys played elsewhere, too...
Me thinks it's more of an ego thing. Just that the Yankees with all their spending eventually get a lot of them.
Unread 10 May 2010, 03:00 PM
Coach

Yeah right now Braden is Perfect and ARod is no where near. When someone says Who's "person they know and just smuggly acts like they dont matter" makes me sick. Saw Kim Kardashian say that about 3 girls who are well known just to look down her nose at them.

Congrats to Dallas
Unread 10 May 2010, 03:07 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Me thinks it's more of an ego thing. Just that the Yankees with all their spending eventually get a lot of them.
There are a lot of good Yankees. Just because there are a few larger than needed egos Arod, Joba and Steinee it shouldnt cast a negative light on class acts like Jeter, Mariano, Jorge, Cano, Swish, Mark, and Cece. IMO if 90% of an organization is solid class acts then please dont let the actions of a few drag the whole organization down. Dallas had 2 drug users on the team. Irvin, Deion, Lett did things to tarnish the star and their egos were run a muck. Jerry Jones is near the Steinee level. Doesnt mean the entire team are A-holes.

But back to the money and ego. Arod takes a LOT of that $$ and George spends a lot. Take those 2 out and you have a top 10 salary team and not much ego to worry about. Derek Jeter has had several models, pageant winners, and every hot Jessica in Hollywood from Alba to Biel yet he is one of the most down to earth people there are. So it is easy to hate on the Yankees cuz of 1 player and 1 owner and most of there fans but at the end of the day they are winners.
Unread 10 May 2010, 04:34 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
There are a lot of good Yankees. Just because there are a few larger than needed egos Arod, Joba and Steinee it shouldnt cast a negative light on class acts like Jeter, Mariano, Jorge, Cano, Swish, Mark, and Cece. IMO if 90% of an organization is solid class acts then please dont let the actions of a few drag the whole organization down. Dallas had 2 drug users on the team. Irvin, Deion, Lett did things to tarnish the star and their egos were run a muck. Jerry Jones is near the Steinee level. Doesnt mean the entire team are A-holes.

But back to the money and ego. Arod takes a LOT of that $$ and George spends a lot. Take those 2 out and you have a top 10 salary team and not much ego to worry about. Derek Jeter has had several models, pageant winners, and every hot Jessica in Hollywood from Alba to Biel yet he is one of the most down to earth people there are. So it is easy to hate on the Yankees cuz of 1 player and 1 owner and most of there fans but at the end of the day they are winners.
Agreed. I was referring to SiteWolf mention of Arod and Reggie.
Unread 11 May 2010, 08:09 AM
Coach

Oh gotcha. I just think that 80% of my Yankee discussions come off as negative. For that I apologize. Just wanted everyone to know I like MOST of the team. Seems every year they get rid of an ego or a steroid and replace with a solid talent that is also a good guy. Mark and Cece are much better than Clemens and Sheffield. 2 very big egos and bad guys IMO.