Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

View Poll Results: Are the Knicks playing dirty?
No, they're playing smart 7 77.78%
Yes, they should let Lin know either way 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14 Jul 2012, 10:42 PM
GO STEELERS!

Default Are the Knicks playing dirty?

Jeremy Lin has signed (a reported) 4-year, $28-million offer sheet with the Rockets. The Knicks have three days from the date the offer sheet is physically delivered to them to match. However, the Rockets have made multiple attempts to deliver the offer sheet to the Knicks, but have come up unsuccessful (for whatever reason).

In the meantime, the Knicks have tried working out a sign-and-trade for Raymond Felton. It looks like they're keeping a leash on Lin.

Any opinions? Are the Knicks playing dirty?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...jeremy-lin-mix
Unread 14 Jul 2012, 11:01 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20guy View Post
Jeremy Lin has signed (a reported) 4-year, $28-million offer sheet with the Rockets. The Knicks have three days from the date the offer sheet is physically delivered to them to match. However, the Rockets have made multiple attempts to deliver the offer sheet to the Knicks, but have come up unsuccessful (for whatever reason).

In the meantime, the Knicks have tried working out a sign-and-trade for Raymond Felton. It looks like they're keeping a leash on Lin.

Any opinions? Are the Knicks playing dirty?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...jeremy-lin-mix
They do this to tie the Rockets hands for as long as possible.
Unread 14 Jul 2012, 11:49 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
They do this to tie the Rockets hands for as long as possible.
But they also do the same to Lin.
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 12:16 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

think that's bad? look what's going on with the Blazers and Twolves re Nic Batum........the Wolves want Batum, but know the Blazers want to keep him......so not only do the Wolves put an extra high offer out to him, they know they're costing Paul Allen millions by signing Brandon Roy. The Blazers amnestied him last year when he retired..still having over $40mil over 3 years owed to him. No problem, insurance covers the bulk of it...unless Roy returns, in which case insurance coverage ends leaving the Blazers on the hook for about 17mil (tho no charge against the cap)

...the Wolves say they'll do a sign and trade then make a weak offer....now they claim they've offered Derrick Williams and THREE 1st round picks and that the Blazers have declined (reality is the offer has never been officially made or at this point the Blazers are just refusing out of disdain)

Meanwhile, the Wolves keep claiming Batum wants out of Portland...but it was the old management that lowballed him last season and it was the old coach Nic felt misused him....both are gone and he knows he'll get what the Wolves offered, whether from Minny or Portland.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 18 Jul 2012, 11:00 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
think that's bad? look what's going on with the Blazers and Twolves re Nic Batum........the Wolves want Batum, but know the Blazers want to keep him......so not only do the Wolves put an extra high offer out to him, they know they're costing Paul Allen millions by signing Brandon Roy. The Blazers amnestied him last year when he retired..still having over $40mil over 3 years owed to him. No problem, insurance covers the bulk of it...unless Roy returns, in which case insurance coverage ends leaving the Blazers on the hook for about 17mil (tho no charge against the cap)

...the Wolves say they'll do a sign and trade then make a weak offer....now they claim they've offered Derrick Williams and THREE 1st round picks and that the Blazers have declined (reality is the offer has never been officially made or at this point the Blazers are just refusing out of disdain)

Meanwhile, the Wolves keep claiming Batum wants out of Portland...but it was the old management that lowballed him last season and it was the old coach Nic felt misused him....both are gone and he knows he'll get what the Wolves offered, whether from Minny or Portland.
After all that, the Blazers matched the offer. What a waste of time!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-nicolas-batum
Unread 18 Jul 2012, 11:22 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

thing is....most of the 'drama' was created by the Wolves, really....the Blazers said all along they wanted to keep him, said they'd match the offer when Minnesota made one, listened but didn't instigate conversations about a sign and trade.....but they did exactly what they said they'd do all along...keep Nic in Portland....but may have a new enemy thru all this because all Minny accomplished was to cost the Blazers more than they wanted to sign him (like 2-3mil per more than they may have gotten him signed for otherwise)

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?