Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 09 Feb 2009, 05:57 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Default Why A-Rod reminds me of Pat Tillman

(Troy wanted me to copy and paste this. If not appropriate please remove and I will understand.)

Sad day for baseball. I really didn't want to comment until it was out or proven. Today Alex Rodriguez admitted using for 3 years from 2001-2003. Mostly the years with the Rangers. Steroids like war seem to be part of the times and something we all sort of become numb to. I mean when John Smith and Ron Jones gave their lives in service of this country we were saddened but fealt it was honorable and part of the tragic times we live in. When Pat Tillman was gunned down by friendly fire we never knew that and assumed the Taliban or whatever evil killed him. This was a shock to the American public, sports fans, and more than any Arizonans who fell in love with him. We all fealt sick to our stomachs that we lost a friend and a symbol of all that is good in this world. Gave up millions and died for all of us. HONOR!

Now we live in a world where we speculate and really are not shocked by anyone who comes out or is outed that they used steroids. Big Mac, Sosa, Bonds, Giambi, and Clemens are huge freaks who were no shock.
Pettite was a bit of s shock but hey he is an above average pitcher and we sort of accepted his apology and moved on.

Alex is once again a SHOCK to all of us. I for one have been critical of him and his lack of production from the 7th inning on and vanishing act in the post season. Of course the hatred boiled when he joined the Evil Empire. My hatred of the Yankees started in 2001 for obvious reasons. More than anything was the obnoxious salaries and guns for hire mentality they adopted. Where is Bernie, Knobs, O'Neil, or Soriano and all the young studs they started to develop? Now they must reap what they sow. They brought in all these steroid users and now they are stuck. Right now though, I feel sorry for New York. They didn't deserve this. They just wanted to win. They just went about it wrong. Young people, pitching, farm system, chemistry, not money wins.

Now it seems all over. How can I hate on someone irrelavant? Who cares anymore. Now can anyone even talk about Alex anymore? I wont refer to him as ARod, AFraud, ADud, or anything now. He is just ALEX.
Doesnt deserve anything more. Yankees should sue him for fraud and false representaion. He sold them a product that was tainted. THey should be entitled signing bonuses and part of his salary.

Can anyone really get into baseball anymore? I assume our young team in Arizona is all natural since they are all young and hopefully not at that point yet. Does anyone here care? Respond if you have any reason to care about baseball or even Alex anymore.

Sincerely,
a sad baseball fan

P.S. if they trade Amare i am done with NBA too.
Unread 09 Feb 2009, 06:06 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

My opinion of the above is just frustration. All the time and money spent watching and cheering for something not as real as I thought.
At least he admitted it. Gotta give him that. I am just shocked some here who call everyone and their mother a ------- gets quiet when it is a player on one of his teams.

Amar'e better not get traded.
Unread 09 Feb 2009, 06:24 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

not sure that the Arod and steroids story is out of place. Nor am I sure I disagree with the feelings of let down and anger.

But I am confused as to how pat tillman fits into this whole thing. Was he a junkie too? I hadn't realized it if he was.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 09 Feb 2009, 06:30 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I guess he was saying it became REAL and a SHOCK when Pat / war casualty and Alex / steroids stories came to light. I have to agree until both of them became the poster child forI think Alex was our hope for a legit home run king. Now that is gone.
Unread 09 Feb 2009, 08:23 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTec View Post
Steroids like war seem to be part of the times and something we all sort of become numb to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
But I am confused as to how pat tillman fits into this whole thing.
I think the first part I quoted is the part where Pat Tillman and A-Rod sort of fit together.

And yes I do think it is very true that we have almost come to accept war deaths and steroids in baseball almost to the point these type of things do not matter as much to people as they did once before.

I know that is the case for me when it comes to baseball players using steroids it did not surprise me at all that A-Rod had used steroids in the past. I did not even really stop to think that one of the best players in baseball tried to enhance his performance. So I guess in a way I have sort of become "numb" to hearing another baseball player has used steroids.

I have much deeper personal feelings for war deaths though. My heart always goes out to the families when a loved one has fought and died in service to their country. That feeling for me will never leave me.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.