Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 05 Oct 2009, 08:27 AM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Default When did it go -poof-?

Just went to look something up in "Current Events"...
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.
Unread 05 Oct 2009, 09:47 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Shaw View Post
Just went to look something up in "Current Events"...
We just decided a week or so ago that maybe it was best to just deactivate that forum for awhile.....I'll be honest, I've just not enjoyed how heated it's gotten in there at times and it seems to me (maybe I'm wrong) that posting on the rest of the forums has suffered, in part, because of it.

The forum isn't wiped out or anything, it's just not currently viewable.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 05 Oct 2009, 09:07 PM
Coach

Haha that reminds me of the time I went into the War forum where "Anything goes" and told that lady to F off when she talked about my kid or something. I guess sometimes people go too far. Hopefully they will realize life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Added 10 years to my life when I went from FU to Thank You.
Unread 05 Oct 2009, 10:36 PM
JS Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
We just decided a week or so ago that maybe it was best to just deactivate that forum for awhile.....I'll be honest, I've just not enjoyed how heated it's gotten in there at times and it seems to me (maybe I'm wrong) that posting on the rest of the forums has suffered, in part, because of it.

I'm a bit confused about this decision Orren. The last active thread was the one posted by spoc asking what the stimulus package did for you. I responded to the post & another member responded, disagreeing with some of the points I had to make. A few other members responded, none of whom seemed out of line at all. I didn't repond again, in respect for your desire to keep things civilized (and also because he gave me a deadline of Monday & you guys ought to know not to ever give a female a deadline and expect her to honor it).

To me, this was not a heated thread, just a few people disagreeing. What's the big problem?

There are a lot of us who really enjoyed the Current Events forum. I, for one, saw more interesting things going on in that forum than any other. I strongly disagree that any other forum suffered BECAUSE of the Current Events forum. And I STRONGLY AGREE that these forums have suffered greatly since you have censored Current Events. At least as far as my enjoyment goes.

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."
- President John F. Kennedy - 7 days before he was assassinated

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

http://rtr.org/signup?ref=3800
Unread 05 Oct 2009, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstewball View Post
Quote:

I'm a bit confused about this decision Orren. The last active thread was the one posted by spoc asking what the stimulus package did for you. I responded to the post & another member responded, disagreeing with some of the points I had to make. A few other members responded, none of whom seemed out of line at all. I didn't repond again, in respect for your desire to keep things civilized (and also because he gave me a deadline of Monday & you guys ought to know not to ever give a female a deadline and expect her to honor it).

To me, this was not a heated thread, just a few people disagreeing. What's the big problem?

There are a lot of us who really enjoyed the Current Events forum. I, for one, saw more interesting things going on in that forum than any other. I strongly disagree that any other forum suffered BECAUSE of the Current Events forum. And I STRONGLY AGREE that these forums have suffered greatly since you have censored Current Events. At least as far as my enjoyment goes.
No need to blame Orren. I did it without Orren's consent, and now he is defending me. Claire, there have been too many hurt feelings in that forum; perhaps I have caused some of it. Regardless, it was becoming more of a hindrence than a benefit.

Sorry -- I am a Libertarian at heart, but sometimes we have to sacrifice.

Nick
Unread 05 Oct 2009, 11:32 PM
JS Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader View Post
No need to blame Orren. I did it without Orren's consent, and now he is defending me. Claire, there have been too many hurt feelings in that forum; perhaps I have caused some of it. Regardless, it was becoming more of a hindrence than a benefit.

Sorry -- I am a Libertarian at heart, but sometimes we have to sacrifice.

Nick

A hindrence to what? That's a bunch of bull. You have decided to become dictator of this site, admittedly without Orren's consent and tell us we must sacrifice. And for what? We might hurt someone's feelings? Grow up..... You're about as libertarian as Glenn Beck.

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

Unread 06 Oct 2009, 12:04 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstewball View Post
A hindrence to what? That's a bunch of bull. You have decided to become dictator of this site, admittedly without Orren's consent and tell us we must sacrifice. And for what? We might hurt someone's feelings? Grow up..... You're about as libertarian as Glenn Beck.
Maybe I'm wrong, Claire...wouldn't be the first time. But there are a number of members who used to post regularly that hardly post at all anymore at least PARTLY because of heated arguments in that forum...and that bothers me. Nick knows he contributed some, but he was far from alone.

I'm in no way saying anyone was/is right or wrong....I'll admit paying little attention most of the time. I know there can be heated arguments that are just good debates. But it seemed to me there were quite a few times where one group deliberately incited the other side...then the other side returned the favor..sometimes seemingly for no other reason than to p the other side off.

I'm not at all opposed to reactivating that forum.....if things stay clean in there...

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 06 Oct 2009, 12:33 AM
JS Mod

I just posted a poll to see what everyone else thinks. Don't want you to change your mind just cause of me.

Unread 06 Oct 2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, Claire...wouldn't be the first time. But there are a number of members who used to post regularly that hardly post at all anymore at least PARTLY because of heated arguments in that forum...and that bothers me. Nick knows he contributed some, but he was far from alone.

I'm in no way saying anyone was/is right or wrong....I'll admit paying little attention most of the time. I know there can be heated arguments that are just good debates. But it seemed to me there were quite a few times where one group deliberately incited the other side...then the other side returned the favor..sometimes seemingly for no other reason than to p the other side off.

I'm not at all opposed to reactivating that forum.....if things stay clean in there...
Sort of like when Bill posts something and Andrew implies ignorance for many of us? He does that shiznit again and there just might be a reason to suspend that forum...or ME!
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 06 Oct 2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:

Ditto.

It was not my intention to 'supress your rights', and you so kindly implied in your poll. Now, had I hacked your computer, and not allowed you to ever post anything political again ...

Nick
Unread 06 Oct 2009, 05:56 PM
JS Mod

Nick,

I'm a happy camper now and have no beef with anyone, certainly not you. Just spoke my peace and appreciate the Current Events forum back. Thank you

Unread 06 Oct 2009, 08:32 PM
Coach

Well I for one have never seen any benefit of censorship. As long as the language is under control and you are not talking about anything graphic I say it is a free country. But I for one always skirted the line and pushed the limits just to keep things interesting here. It got me nowhere. Sad thing is it became apparent that I only got feedback or response when I was Evil Troy. When I spoke of something normal I got nothing. THen the closer I got to that line the more response I got. I just wanted to be part of the group or clique or whatever it is being called these days. Definitely some who are in and some who are outside the invisible circle we need not speak of. I just wanted to be on the line looking in at Rich, Hork, and Orren while still peaking at my friends Lepconn and Polar regardless of their status. Honestly Polar is the #1 reason I kept playing, got better, and had fun here. He is hilarious and smart. What I liken myself too.

In the past I pushed the humor passed the line and into classless drivel. Not attention seeking like some may think. I just wanted to be part of more than the top 10 in a specific comp. I wanted to talk golf with Rich. Talk politics with Hork. Talk Jockstocks with Orren. Many here may think that just because you say something it is just words on a screen and no big deal. To me I laugh at 90% and only get mad when my family gets attacked. We need to be sensitive to the fact some people are overly sensitive.

Now having said that. Specific forums are there for a specific reason. If we had a Forum listed Freaks and their Fetishes....Noone should complain about the content or discussions there. They knew what they were in store for when they entered that SPECIFIC area. If I go to Golf section and Rich is gooing over Tiger I cant be mad at him or get into some altercation with him on how stupid golf is or Tiger is or he is. That is just disrespectful. We should have week long bans. Not lifetime or months or years. Just enough to get someones attention.

I just think instead of going and and saying YOU ARE WRONG...People should just say I RESPECT YOUR OPINION BUT IMO blah blah blah.