Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 12 Nov 2007, 05:25 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
Maybe the Eagles should take some lessons.
yeah send some of those tech guys down their way would ya???

hell to be honest, i'm still in shock they won yesterday. and even more so that they have a shot next week to get back to .500 this year you take your joy anywhere you can if you're an eagles fan.....lol

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 12 Nov 2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewday View Post
IMO Tom brady is the product of a good SYSTEM. He is not that great of a QB. The system and players around him make him who he is. Put manning on that team and its a better team
Errol.........HEY!

I reserve the right to emphatically disagree. While I agree that Belichek has (along with his staff) put together a fantastic team to implement his "system", noone will ever convince me that you could just plug in any QB and they do just as well. Brady IS a top shelf QB....as good as Manning or any other big timer IMO. His decision making is beyond sound (IE twice going for over 170+ passes without an INT). He is far more physical than Manning (when his tremendous offensive line even let's anyone sniff at him, nevermind touch him). Plain and simple...the man is a winner.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no

Reason: spellcheck
Unread 12 Nov 2007, 09:48 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

But he is still a patriot.
Unread 13 Nov 2007, 12:06 AM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Errol.........HEY!

I reserve the right to emphatically disagree. While I agree that Belichek has (along with his staff) put together a fantastic team to implement his "system", noone will ever convince me that you could just plug in any QB and they do just as well. Brady IS a top shelf QB....as good as Manning or any other big timer IMO. His decision making is beyond sound (IE twice going for over 170+ passes without an INT). He is far more physical than Manning (when his tremendous offensive line even let's anyone sniff at him, nevermind touch him). Plain and simple...the man is a winner.

I 100% disagree. Sorry Rich. Go back and loot at the Indy Pats game. look at the plays that were made to Randy Moss. The TD in the corner of the endzone, Brady he had 2 men WIDE open in the middle of the endzone. Randy had 2 men on him. If RANDY hadnt made the catch Brady would have been torn apart by the media. He makes OK decisions that are turned into great plays by OTHER players! If you look back at the game, had he spotted the open man it would have been a blow out. More then once he threw into coverage when it was unneeded.

The thing your right on is no you cant take a Alex Smith or a Jay Cutler and have a super bowl team. However you COULD take a Carson Palmer or even a Jeff Garcia and have a deep playoff contender with a chance to win. Tom brady is kinda like Kobe(when he had Phil AND Shaq). A dam good player made even better by a good staff and a couple stars around him. Brady isnt the team... Bill Belichick is the team. Remove him and you have Yankees. TONS of talent but no leadership.(Sorry Yankees fans. Love Ya Joe Torre but ya lost the team)

Give Manning the Defence of the Pats and he will give you 4 Super bowl champions. For years they had a TERRIBLE defence and still went 14-2 or 12-4 with Offence alone. Swap the Pats and Indy defence and the Pats may have had loosing record those year.

Anyways Manning will get his chance come playoff time. The real question can anyone beat the Packers???? Awesome leadership combined with a team that doesnt know its supposed to loose is very Scary.
Unread 13 Nov 2007, 07:42 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewday View Post
The real question can anyone beat the Packers???? Awesome leadership combined with a team that doesnt know its supposed to loose is very Scary.
I think the Cowboys can in the NFC and most of the playoff bound AFC teams. Really who have they beaten that is any good besides the Chargers who were playing awful at the time?
Unread 13 Nov 2007, 08:30 AM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Quote:
I think the Cowboys can in the NFC and most of the playoff bound AFC teams. Really who have they beaten that is any good besides the Chargers who were playing awful at the time?
No one who is going deep in playoffs but they beat the Giants(In NY) a good team. Washington an OK team and the Chargers who super supposed to be a Super Bowl contender. The 2nd half of season will be the key for them. Detroit 2 times plus a road game at Dallas. If they beat the Cowboys Someone should tell the Pats and Indy to pay attention.
Unread 13 Nov 2007, 08:37 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

i think green bay has a legit shot at the NFC title but there isn't anyone in the NFC who can compete with Indy or NE unless either of those two teams implode (which is unlikely to happen in big game settings).

I hate to admit it but I'm inclined to believe the championship once again goes to the AFC.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Nov 2007, 02:17 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
i think green bay has a legit shot at the NFC title but there isn't anyone in the NFC who can compete with Indy or NE unless either of those two teams implode (which is unlikely to happen in big game settings).

I hate to admit it but I'm inclined to believe the championship once again goes to the AFC.
Plus the AFC has home field advantage after winning the All Star game. Oops wrong sport.
Unread 13 Nov 2007, 02:50 PM
20CUBS16

Send a message via Yahoo to jk592

Quote:
Plus the AFC has home field advantage after winning the All Star game. Oops wrong sport.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18945-de...-joshua-norris

June '04 Monthly Winner
August '07 Pick 10 Winner
September '07 Pick 10 Winner
October '07 Pick 10 Winner
December '07 Pick 10 Winner
January '08 Pick 10 Winner