Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 26 Dec 2007, 09:37 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Default Where'd Ya' Get the Name?

Old thread, from the old boards... but with the new year starting- figured I'd bust it out for newer members to add onto here.

Original thread here...

Orren's initial post below...

Genesis of a username

How often have you seen a username and wondered just why someone chose to use it? Some are relatively easy to at least somewhat figure out....some get even easier to figure out once you 'know' the person a little bit....others are kinda fun to just try and decipher. For example.....I just ran across one that I'd wondered about before- and just now realized that it was his first name forward and backward...kind of a unique twist.

I thought it might be fun to see who wanted to explain how their username came to be. In the process, we may even get to know each other just a little bit more.

For example.....some of you 'knew' me back when I was using the username omike. Those of you who did also likely gathered that I had that username because it is my first initial followed by my middle name. Fewer of you may have realized that it was actually derived from the author O. Henry.......3 guesses what the O stood for.

When I decided to do some web design professionally, I decided it was time for a new online 'personna'. I wanted something that sounded a bit aggressive....I happen to be fascinated by wolves.....and Orren aka the SiteWolf was 'born'.

Ok.......whose turn next?
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.
Unread 26 Dec 2007, 10:18 PM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

I guess ill go next.

Was having some rough times in my personal life when i found the new version of WSS sports. I was sitting at my chain thinking man this ---- sucks but you know what... Its a new day so move on. Hence the Name Itsanewday. Kinda reminds me no matter how scrwed up yesterday was today and tomorrow are always brand new days

To every newday being better then last!
Unread 26 Dec 2007, 10:58 PM
Coach

I thought to myself, why not come up with something creative, something that will blow people's minds away.

I know, I'll use my first name (all lowercase) followed by my last name (all lowercase) with no space in between. That will be a real shocker.
Unread 27 Dec 2007, 12:58 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehuelsman View Post
I thought to myself, why not come up with something creative, something that will blow people's minds away.

I know, I'll use my first name (all lowercase) followed by my last name (all lowercase) with no space in between. That will be a real shocker.

Whereas I went with the underscores......always keep 'em guessing!
Unread 28 Dec 2007, 06:08 AM
Pick'em Winner,June 02

I think i'm the guy "O" was talking about,with the first name forward and backward
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 12:46 AM
2007 Reggie Winner

mine is a unique acronym that I started using back in the days of WWS.
PIMPKID stands for Portland Inline Mens Puck (hockey reference) and the kid part of it was because I was always the youngest guy on the squad so they called me kid