Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 07 Feb 2008, 12:44 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
Where are you coming from?

Walsh signed something with the Pats, the NFL is going to cover Walsh arse if he talks....

The ONLY thing the Pats can do is a cival suit..... (i think)
If he has the tapes it would be larceny. They are the property of the New England Patriots.
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 12:48 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
If he has the tapes it would be larceny. They are the property of the New England Patriots.
In other words... stealing....

Its almost like you don't want Walsh to speak....

Bill Belicheat is that you?

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 01:03 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
actually that may not be the case. the nfl holds the rights to all taped and recorded airings both on gameday and otherwise. a case could be made (by an attorney far more qualified than i) that the tape in question is actually property of the National Football league and not a sole franchise

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 01:07 AM

C'mon people....it's all . A majority of teams stretch the rules one way or another. Those that would hang the Patriots are just envious because whatever they do they do it more efficiently than most.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 01:10 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
C'mon people....it's all . A majority of teams stretch the rules one way or another. Those that would hang the Patriots are just envious because whatever they do they do it more efficiently than most.
Do you really believe that all the teams do it?

But there is a differece between stretching the rules, and breaking them. And atleast for this year, they did break.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 05:37 AM
Coach

I am with Rich here. If not for the disgruntled Magina this would all be nada. Now at least teams flirting with this will step back from it.
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 07:49 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Do you really believe that all the teams do it?

But there is a differece between stretching the rules, and breaking them. And atleast for this year, they did break.
The tapes the Patriots turned over to the league included clear evidence of at least 6 other teams doing the same thing. That is why Goodell destroyed the tapes.
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 08:11 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

well there's no doubt they cheated and they got caught. they should be made an example of. if for no other reason than to point out their own stupidity.

i mean come on. we all watch nfl games on TV. we all know that the down and distance is shown on every single play. why not just tivo it, and study the network broadcasts? they give you the same information and it's not cheating.

the long and short of it is, you skirt or break the rules and get caught you should be punished. at least that's the way it was when i was growing up. how i wished my folks had said things like, "well all kids do it so why should we worry about it"

then again maybe i'm better off for them not taking that stance, at least it taught me the difference between right and wrong, and kept my butt out of trouble.

i don't doubt for a minute other teams do similar (or even possibly worse) things but if those who get caught aren't punished, it will only continue. after all, what's the point of having rules if we're so willing to turn a blind eye or at the worst offer a light slap on the wrist when they're broken?

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 09:17 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Quote:
The tapes the Patriots turned over to the league included clear evidence of at least 6 other teams doing the same thing. That is why Goodell destroyed the tapes.
You know.... I go to sleep watching SC, and wake up to it.....

But, hell.. I knew he destroyed the tapes... But didn' know for that reason....

Or are you pulling it out of your nose?

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 10:15 AM
Coach

I assume they destroy it because it is personal info they don't think should be shared. IE if u have answers to a test do u keep the key or destroy it?
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 01:48 PM
Got Xbox One?

Quote:
You know.... I go to sleep watching SC, and wake up to it.....

But, hell.. I knew he destroyed the tapes... But didn' know for that reason....

Or are you pulling it out of your nose?
Hey,

He's pulling the supposed info out of someplace. Never have I heard why the tapes were destroyed. My assumption is that the other tapes had what Walsh claims or worse and the NFL tried to cover it up.

Congress can and will give the guy immunity if they think it will help them get to the bottom of the whole thing.
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 01:55 PM
Got Xbox One?

Quote:
I was referring to the vitriol of Black Diamond and his anger over Tom Brady's success. I certainly don't condone cheating.
Hey,

What success? He is over rated and never accomplished much of anything. Still waiting for him to win a Super Bowl, seems to me like his former kicker won the other Super Bowls that everyone seems to give Douche Bag credit for.

I think you don't condone cheating from other teams. I think you would be all over any other cheating team like Hugh Grant on a hooker.
Unread 07 Feb 2008, 05:13 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
Hey,

What success? He is over rated and never accomplished much of anything. Still waiting for him to win a Super Bowl, seems to me like his former kicker won the other Super Bowls that everyone seems to give Douche Bag credit for.
Career Super Bowl statistics:
103 completions 150 attempts .687 completion percentage 1091 yards 8 TD's 2 Int's. He's never done anything in a Super Bowl. Who got the team in position to kick the winning FG? The former kicker? I don't think so.
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 05:41 AM
7th Round Draft Pick

Default Don't know I've ever agreed with Rich in print, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Yes-the Pats won 3 recent Super Bowls, so i want them to lose or humiliated, just like I wanted the Cowboys to lose after all their wins in the 90's. I have a particular animosity towards the pats because I had to suffer Belichik's growing pains in cleveland in the early 90's.
But if it were my team cheating---well, everyone else does it. So electronic cheating is bad? How about all cheating?

Consider steroids in Baseball. The players who were caught, and even the one's who weren't, are considered cheaters. But steroids weren't against the rules until (2004?)
Amphetamines were given out like candy as early as the late 60's and maybe before that. Gaylord Perry is almost DECORATED as a spitballer.

Cheating is almost a science.

So, where do YOU draw the line.