Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 11 May 2010, 09:23 PM
Coach

Default Anyone tired of Lebron?

I mean Boston plays well to get to a 8-10 point lead. Bad enough Varejo flops when u look at him. But 0/3 Lebron is 8/10 from the line.

His standard move is to drive with shoulder low then bang into defender then lob the ball toward the hoop. I love his dunks. Blocks. Wild play. But if he wants us to watch him look like Edgerrin James and not Lebron James. I can watch anyone shoot FTs. It's getting old. Im rooting for Boston now. No matter it looks like Orlando is the favorite to come out of the East.
Unread 11 May 2010, 11:43 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

another game like tonight and we won't have to worry about it for awhile

You just don't lose by 20+....at home...in game 6....when you're the 1 seed

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 12 May 2010, 01:00 AM
Head Coach

Isn't a sprain shoulder shutting down his outside shot?
And there is much of a supporting cast.
Unread 12 May 2010, 09:05 AM
JSAdmin

I'm just baffled looking at what highlights are being shown.

The whole team looked like they absolutely didn't care...like this was a preseason game and they flew into town only a few hours before the game....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 12 May 2010, 11:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

I don't buy the whole "He's got no supporting cast" excuse ... for the past 3 years the Cavs have tried to bring in players to fill that role ... this year they got Shaq, Parker and Jamison to be his 'supporting cast' and on paper, that 'cast' should give LeBron enough assistance to push the Cavs to the Finals...at least.

I'm not enough of a NBA fan to try and cast blame towards players, coaches or whatever from the Cavs, but I did tune in last night just for a bit and when ever I have watched a Cavs game for the past 3 years, it has been a similar style... the only player on the Cavs that looks like they are even playing on offense is LeBron...the rest of the Cavs are literally standing flat-footed watching what LeBron is doing. I recall hearing one Cavalier player remarking after a Cavalier victory how a lot of times LeBron just 'takes over the game' and you just watch in amazement...well, I think that is what the team does win or lose...stand around and wait for LeBron to either win the game for the Cavs or lose the game for the Cavs.
Unread 12 May 2010, 06:00 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
I don't buy the whole "He's got no supporting cast" excuse ... for the past 3 years the Cavs have tried to bring in players to fill that role ... this year they got Shaq, Parker and Jamison to be his 'supporting cast' and on paper, that 'cast' should give LeBron enough assistance to push the Cavs to the Finals...at least.

I'm not enough of a NBA fan to try and cast blame towards players, coaches or whatever from the Cavs, but I did tune in last night just for a bit and when ever I have watched a Cavs game for the past 3 years, it has been a similar style... the only player on the Cavs that looks like they are even playing on offense is LeBron...the rest of the Cavs are literally standing flat-footed watching what LeBron is doing. I recall hearing one Cavalier player remarking after a Cavalier victory how a lot of times LeBron just 'takes over the game' and you just watch in amazement...well, I think that is what the team does win or lose...stand around and wait for LeBron to either win the game for the Cavs or lose the game for the Cavs.

I also don't watch or read about much NBA these days, so I don't really know if LeBron wants to shut everyone else out, or if he feels he has to. IMO only 1 of those three aging vets mentioned above a worth while addition.
Unread 14 May 2010, 12:30 AM
GM

I will say this about Lebron. This series loss to the Celtics is not all his fault but he is partly to blame as well.

In both game five and six the Cavs kept it close at halftime and for whatever reason the Cavs as a team did not play well in the second half of both games.

Yes Lebron is part of the story but his teammates are very much of part of the story of what happened to the Cavs as well.

I would not be surprised in the next couple of days to find out that Lebron has an injury that he has not talked about at least in public. But there is no excuse for how the Cavs played in the second half of games five and six in this series with the Celtics.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 14 May 2010, 09:28 AM
JSAdmin

I have NEVER in my entire life seen a team look, overall, so disinterested in actually putting forth maximum effort.....as the Cavs these last 2 games, especially game 5...at home.

There HAS to be more to this story....

Unread 14 May 2010, 06:56 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
I will say this about Lebron. This series loss to the Celtics is not all his fault but he is partly to blame as well.

In both game five and six the Cavs kept it close at halftime and for whatever reason the Cavs as a team did not play well in the second half of both games.

Yes Lebron is part of the story but his teammates are very much of part of the story of what happened to the Cavs as well.

I would not be surprised in the next couple of days to find out that Lebron has an injury that he has not talked about at least in public. But there is no excuse for how the Cavs played in the second half of games five and six in this series with the Celtics.
Serious??? In the rubber game 5 he was like 0-10 at one point. Shot 8-10 from the line after bulling his way into a foul with the defender's arms straight up. Even the ref's appeared tired of his antics as he did NOT get those calls in Boston. To me LeBron never got his team involved and didnt capitalize on his numerous oportunities. He did hit some 3s at the end of game 6 but too little too late. If you look at his numbers from a glance he looks so so. But as an MVP and the guy who touches the ball EVERY posession they are mediocre and his %'s show it.