FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 26 Nov 2012, 01:28 AM
GO STEELERS!

Default No Big Deal

Unread 26 Nov 2012, 01:37 AM
GO STEELERS!

Video here:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-25/ravens-chargers-score-results-boxscore-ray-rice-fourth-and-29-norv?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl12|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D237924
Unread 26 Nov 2012, 10:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Ouch...

I essentially can't watch any NFL highlight shows (which has been the case for most of this season) and now sports related forums are piling on too...

That play has essentially epitomized the Chargers of this season...LOSERS. The Chargers have no desire to win games and will find a way to lose.

The Chargers are the second worst team in the NFL, only the Chiefs are worse...and yes, I think Jacksonville is better than the Chargers, they certainly have played better as of late whereas the Chargers continue their decline.

Most Charger fans that thought Norv would be fired last season are about fed up with the fact that Norv hasn't been canned yet this season after the embarrassing losses he has posted just in this season but if you add it to his entire "body of work" with the Chargers it is a complete joke.

But, Norv will have this team ready to play the Raiders the last game of the year and because of what the owner sees, it will be reason enough to "stay the course" ... just like last year.

For the first time...ever... I am contemplating not celebrating the post season like I typically do (Championship parties)...my "passion" for football is almost at zero right now.

Quote:
Only on Norv Turner’s watch.

When Turner’s obituary as the Chargers’ coach is written (there's little chance he can survive now), "Fourth-and-29" will have a prominent place in the tale of Turner’s undoing.

It’s difficult to rank the shocking, unlikely and gut-wrenching losses in Turner’s tenure in San Diego’s coach. This is the Chargers’ third unfathomable collapse since Week 5. There have been so many and each stands alone in its own miserable way. Sunday’s loss, however, may deserve a spot on the Mt. Rushmore of Devastating Norv Turner Defeats.
Story here.

Unread 26 Nov 2012, 11:54 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
...my "passion" for football is almost at zero right now.
Agree about Norv.
Rivers. also past his prime.
SO many QB's out there this year and SD sticks with Flip-it to the other guys- Rivers.

I feel your pain...my hopes are as yours....big changes in San Diego.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 26 Nov 2012, 11:59 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

b..b..but you have the Jacks/Bison rematch to look forward to this weekend!

I understand, tho...was SO sure THIS was the year the Ducks took it all...then they had to have that off game against Stanford 2 weeks ago.....yesterday (not that I expected a win) I stopped watching the Vikings before halftime and didn't watch another down or highlight the rest of the day.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 26 Nov 2012, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beast View Post
Agree about Norv.
Rivers. also past his prime.
SO many QB's out there this year and SD sticks with Flip-it to the other guys- Rivers.

I feel your pain...my hopes are as yours....big changes in San Diego.
I think Rivers deserves a lot of blame too...don't get me wrong...but the offensive line for the Chargers is horrendous and it was before the season started and the GM (AJ Smith) didn't do anything about it. Rivers has barely the time to even grasp the football, let alone survey the field for a open receiver, it is pathetic. Watching the Patriots against the Jets on Thanksgiving, Brady had 8, 9 seconds many times. A team can all but abandon the run if they want too if you can give your qb that kind of protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
b..b..but you have the Jacks/Bison rematch to look forward to this weekend!
True that...I also got a hunch that the Jacks are going to win this one...it's tough to beat a team twice in one year, I watched them destroy Eastern Illinois on Saturday, that rb the Jacks got is awesome...Bison are going to have to shut him down again. I also think it stinks that the NCAA matched these two up in the second round... Both of these teams would beat 50% of the teams left and now only one gets to go on? I'm sure they did it to prevent an all MVFC championship if at all possible...but I am very bitter about the NCAA and think their decisions are never in the best interest of "sports".

But, I am only a (FCS) college sports fan by default. Sure, I do cheer for NDSU (and UND) but only because I have worked and/or covered every home game in fb and (men's & women's) bb for the past 17 years. But yeah, I might just have to stop watching football on Sunday's and stick to Saturday's for a while...
Unread 26 Nov 2012, 03:50 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
True that...I also got a hunch that the Jacks are going to win this one...it's tough to beat a team twice in one year, I watched them destroy Eastern Illinois on Saturday, that rb the Jacks got is awesome...Bison are going to have to shut him down again. I also think it stinks that the NCAA matched these two up in the second round... Both of these teams would beat 50% of the teams left and now only one gets to go on? I'm sure they did it to prevent an all MVFC championship if at all possible...but I am very bitter about the NCAA and think their decisions are never in the best interest of "sports".

But, I am only a (FCS) college sports fan by default. Sure, I do cheer for NDSU (and UND) but only because I have worked and/or covered every home game in fb and (men's & women's) bb for the past 17 years. But yeah, I might just have to stop watching football on Sunday's and stick to Saturday's for a while...
FCS brackets are always maddening/baffling....they only seed the top 4, then fill the rest of the brackets by GEOGRAPHY....intentionally or not, ensuring 2 teams from the same area NEVER get past the 2nd round. They did the same kinda thing in DII.

Otherwise you wouldn't have a team like Coastal Carolina facing the #4 seed while the Jacks face the #1 seed.

Being a Duck alum, I can't honestly say I pay a lot of attention to the Jacks football team...but they're still my 'home town' team

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?