Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 28 Dec 2012, 07:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
The NHL made a new offer to the players' association, hoping to spark talks toward ending the long lockout and saving the hockey season.

Deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Friday the league presented its proposal Thursday and was waiting for a response. The sides haven't met in person since a second round of talks with a federal mediator broke down Dec. 13.

The lockout has reached its 104th day, and the NHL said it doesn't want a season of less than 48 games. That means a deal would need to be reached mid-January.
Full story here.
Unread 28 Dec 2012, 11:19 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 30 Dec 2012, 04:21 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

some relief...
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, burp!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 02 Jan 2013, 11:05 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...y.html?cmp=rss

same old...
...feels like they may have a sense of urgency, now...stunned arse holes.

reading the comments at the bottom, I discover that there are NO happy hockey fans at this time.

I am with them.
Some suggest a boycott...especially if they try and come back this year for abbreviated schedule. Would be great watching them play in an empty arena!!
January 11 is absolute deadline.
Unread 03 Jan 2013, 03:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Players and union staff began arriving at NHL headquarters a little before 1 p.m. EST, although executive director Donald Fehr wasn't with them. The group left the building about an hour later but expected to return later in the day.

With the lockout in its 110th day, both sides understand the urgency to save a shortened season. They still have several key issues to work out — pensions and salary cap limits, among them.

Commissioner Gary Bettman has said that the league told the union a deal needs to be in place by next week so a 48-game season can begin Jan. 19. All games through Jan. 14 along with the All-Star game have been canceled, claiming more than 50 percent of the original schedule.
Story here.
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 10:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
If there is going to be a hockey season, the NHL and the players' association can't afford many more days like this.

A long night of bargaining Wednesday that stretched into the early morning hours didn't end well and likely kept the sides apart for most of the day Thursday. No new full-scale negotiations took place, and outside of a few relatively brief, small sessions on specific topics, it was basically a lost day.
Story here.
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 12:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The NHL and the union got back to work Friday, just not with each other yet.

Both sides had plans to meet separately with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh in the morning but hadn't set up a time to return to bargaining in an effort to save the season.

The lockout reached its 111th day Friday, and the sides have only one week to reach a deal on a collective bargaining agreement that would allow for a 48-game hockey season — the minimum the NHL has said it will play.

Commissioner Gary Bettman set a Jan. 11 deadline for a deal so the season can begin eight days later.
Story here.
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 08:06 AM
All Pro

Finally!!!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...tive-agreement

http://www.mcdivots.org

or join my McDivots Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229569963765319/
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 11:25 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

okay...play!
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 11:26 AM
Hall of Famer

I wish the fans would boycott the NHL for the remainder of this season just to show both sides what the fans are really worth...

I wouldn't be opposed of a J$ ban of NHL for the remainder of the season just for principal...
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 11:54 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
I wish the fans would boycott the NHL for the remainder of this season just to show both sides what the fans are really worth...

I wouldn't be opposed of a J$ ban of NHL for the remainder of the season just for principal...
I'm still a 'hockey' fan...but will NOT be sending any cash to the NHL in the form of merchandise or sales!
I do not want to turn hockey off.
They DO need to suffer....but empty arenas would be one of the best ways.

STOP buying NHL merchandise!!

TV will keep me close enough to the game....and Fantasy sports provides a distant enough insight.

For sure I be pleased hockey is coming back.
For sure I not the supporter I may have been.
For sure I never will be again.

These 'Labor' negotiations (pffft), are NOT sport specific.
which one is next?...you know it has to happen...*sigh
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 03:00 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beast View Post
I'm still a 'hockey' fan...but will NOT be sending any cash to the NHL in the form of merchandise or sales!
I do not want to turn hockey off.
They DO need to suffer....but empty arenas would be one of the best ways.

STOP buying NHL merchandise!!

TV will keep me close enough to the game....and Fantasy sports provides a distant enough insight.

For sure I be pleased hockey is coming back.
For sure I not the supporter I may have been.
For sure I never will be again.

These 'Labor' negotiations (pffft), are NOT sport specific.
which one is next?...you know it has to happen...*sigh
I have all the same thoughts.
But I may buy a Blackhawk tshirt if the need arises. I love the Indian head logo and the red and black colors.
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 03:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post

I'm boycotting everything to do with the NHL this season, including Fantasy.

http://www.mcdivots.org

or join my McDivots Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229569963765319/
Unread 06 Jan 2013, 06:36 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinman View Post
I'm boycotting everything to do with the NHL this season, including Fantasy.
But not this forum.