Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 06 Dec 2011, 08:46 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Default NHL approves radical realignment plan

its like they need to move the furniture around every few years....and they still trip over it no matter where they put things!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...ardofgovernors

Quote:
“But now, the Western teams don’t have to leave the time zone every single time we have a road trip,” Phoenix captain Shane Doan said. “We leave our time zone every single time now.”
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 06 Dec 2011, 11:51 AM
#3 of 80+ trillionaires!

Why was it easy for the NHL but so hard for MLB?
Unread 06 Dec 2011, 12:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrune56 View Post
Why was it easy for the NHL but so hard for MLB?
The NHL and tennis are two sports that are not opposed to changes to improve the game. There isn't enough people who are interested in "tradition" to keep their sports rooted in antiquated logic in the modern era.

MLB has too many "old timers" that are still complaining that the box scores are entered using a computer and not typed up on a typewriter, let alone making logical division realignment, adding replay, alter the all-star game, etc.
Unread 06 Dec 2011, 10:30 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Even though I miss the old Norris Divsion (never the same after Stars left Minny), I think the NHL did a great job. Divisional play was outdated. I think the new alignment keeps the divisional rivals together, yet all teams will play all non-conference teams in a home and home. As a season ticket holder in Chicago, I look forward to seeing all O-6 teams coming to town every season.