Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 13 May 2013, 08:31 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default Vikings stadium design to be unveiled tonight

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...d-cbd369b47240

For anyone who may be interested, the new Vikings stadium design is to be released tonight...and will be streamed live on the link above starting at 7pm CENTRAL.

The architectural firm for this is the same one that did Lucas Oil in Indy as well as Cowboy Stadium in Dallas. One 'leak' in the design is that it will feature use of the same material used in 'the Cube' (Aquatics Center) for the China Olympics...not the whole stadium, but the side facing downtown Minneapolis.

Everybody's biggest question revolves around the roof. Purists want it to be strictly open air (not very logical in these parts). Those wanting to cut costs want a fixed roof. And, of course, the best of both worlds is what many of us want- a retractable. But even with a retractable setup, the question is...how much is retractable..how big is the opening (the larger the opening the higher the cost).........and given some of the methods devised to generate the public's portion of the cost is struggling, cost will be an issue.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 13 May 2013, 09:19 PM
Coach

I suppose wrong place to comment on what a taxpayer boondoggle this will end up being. Not Miami level, but still bad.

My first thought when I saw it "How much of that glass will break when a bad hailstorm rolls through"

And my favorite twitter comment thus far on it:
Quote:
"I like the Weisman Art Center, but it's too subtle. Too understated. Let's take that and make it more garish." - Vikings' stadium architect

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 13 May 2013, 09:57 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I really don't see how the team could or should be expected to pay more.

And I also don't understand why they couldn't help pay for it with scratch tickets in the Dakotas and Iowa.

Not sure what I think of the stadium yet. I like all the glass (and remember, these days not all glass is created equal..you know there'll be a lot of polymers in this)

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?