Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 30 Dec 2007, 09:30 AM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Default Keeping your 100k

Anyone plan on keeping there 100k stocks and not day trading them becuase they like seeing there players up 23,708% with an avg buy price of 2.00? Really silly cause it means nothing but its fun seeing them up high.

Jameer Nelson ORL-NBA nelja 100,000 $477.28 23,708.02% +$475.27 $2.00 $47,727,891.89

If not for that silly reason i would most likely dump everyone at 100k right now
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 09:38 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I would really prefer that ppl NOT do that just yet......it's not fair to ppl still holding.

To make this transition a bit more fair, I plan to reduce moo....maybe even all the way down to amnesty levels......TOMORROW AT NOON. That way ppl choosing to sell won't be making unfair gains on those who don't. This reduced moo would likely continue until noon on Wednesday.

Plus...this also allows ppl to enjoy New Years Eve/Day w/o feeling the need to be here to trade any other time than when it's convenient.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 11:42 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
That way ppl choosing to sell won't be making unfair gains on those who don't.
excuse me...

... but if I sell off a hundred thousand shares one day (negative divi) to buy them back the next day...I will make gains on those that don't. Nothing unfair about it and the more active SHOULD make gains on those that aren't...
Is it long termers who do not maintain their ports you are trying to protect from said 'unfair' gains. The market should swing...whatever...it affects all ports and all stocks and as long as it remains consistant...players are to make the adjustment.
I want to take this opportunity to plug larger minus divies...positive divies are fine, but if you can figure out how to make negatives even larger by another 2% ,or even start minus divi at -2% instead of -.09%, the market would become better at balancing itself and activity abounds.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 12:12 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

no no....I'm simply referring to the short term- active traders opting to make port adjustments they wouldn't otherwise make. I just don't want Active Member A to sell off 100 100k splits at full moo and start a flood of 'em and have that all happen while many active traders are simply enjoying their holiday. Once this initial adjustment is made, full steam ahead.

Those are the only gains I'm referring to as unfair........you have to admit, if you work tomorrow (as many do) and log in after work only to find that many who did NOT work have been selling tons of splits (the first 'cause they wanted to, then causing a snowball of others selling 'cause the prices were plummeting)...and you've lost millions........that would be past annoying and at least into irritating, yes? These massive adjustments may not happen at all....but if they do, would happen only in this initial timeframe.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 08:39 PM
All Pro

I am so confused.
Unread 01 Jan 2008, 12:30 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsab View Post
excuse me...

... but if I sell off a hundred thousand shares one day (negative divi) to buy them back the next day...I will make gains on those that don't. Nothing unfair about it and the more active SHOULD make gains on those that aren't...
Is it long termers who do not maintain their ports you are trying to protect from said 'unfair' gains. The market should swing...whatever...it affects all ports and all stocks and as long as it remains consistant...players are to make the adjustment.
I want to take this opportunity to plug larger minus divies...positive divies are fine, but if you can figure out how to make negatives even larger by another 2% ,or even start minus divi at -2% instead of -.09%, the market would become better at balancing itself and activity abounds.
The Wolf is right. I long term and I maintain my ports. But with the holiday I was out with no ability to "maintain" my port. It wouldn't be fair to those of us that celebrate!
Unread 01 Jan 2008, 12:43 PM
Standout

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder gulch View Post
The Wolf is right. I long term and I maintain my ports. But with the holiday I was out with no ability to "maintain" my port. It wouldn't be fair to those of us that celebrate!
are you saying you got drunk last night?