Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 28 Apr 2009, 04:43 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Default Why we hate soccer

I thought hey Barcelona and Chelsea. Good match?

Well after no offense by Chelsea. Every Barcelona player looked like Manu Ginobili. More crying and pleading than the Spurs in the playoffs. 0-0

Nil-nil zip-zip nada-nada

Chelseas didnt try. THey just played for the tie. Then toward the end in "added time" (worst time keeping of anything in history.)
Chelsea kept hugging ea other and swapping in players. They didnt want a sub with 2 mins left. Or 1 min left. Or 36 secs left. It was just disgusting to watch. Made a sham of the sport and ESPN for televising it.

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 02:37 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTec View Post
I thought hey Barcelona and Chelsea. Good match?

Well after no offense by Chelsea. Every Barcelona player looked like Manu Ginobili. More crying and pleading than the Spurs in the playoffs. 0-0

Nil-nil zip-zip nada-nada

Chelseas didnt try. THey just played for the tie. Then toward the end in "added time" (worst time keeping of anything in history.)
Chelsea kept hugging ea other and swapping in players. They didnt want a sub with 2 mins left. Or 1 min left. Or 36 secs left. It was just disgusting to watch. Made a sham of the sport and ESPN for televising it.

I've had this argument with people from another country, and they would say that a soccer match with a score of 0-0 is a great game. A "defensive" battle, and that a high scoring game is the way Americans would want it. Personally, I think the field is way too long. I'd like to see 9 players on each team (plus a goalie) to up the score. But yeah, that game would be boring.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 06:24 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I've seen games that were 1-1 and 0-0 but this game was pathetic. CHelsea didn't even try but like one attack on a turnover. Other then that they just kicked it away and played thug defense. Barcelona seemed like the better team but who knows. It was the equivalent of watching the NHL with the Dump and Chase. Without the chase. Kind of like they do before a line-change. But what was plain stupid was all the subs one at a time in added time (hich is a joke). They subbed just for the sake of stalling. One sub the guy walked to the side and hugged his teamate, looked him in the eyes, and hugged him again before walking in.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 12:28 PM
Prospect

When I was living in AZ use to watch Mexican league on tv. All the do is pass to each other at midfield for 10 minutes before the ball actually get to the defender let a lone the goalie. My dad say he will not watch professional soccer for this reason. He says youth or pick up games are 10 times better because they try to score.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 07:33 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Watched a Manch U game and they were much more entertaining. Seemed much more dominant then Arsenal. Hard to find 2 teams playing equally well and for a purpose anymore. With the Champ league who knows why but some seem to play for a tie or not to lose. BORING!!

Also tired of hearing. "Champions, CHampions, THe CHampionssssss"
In that operaish tone over and over during he telecast. We get it. Even the Heineken commercial does it. ENough already. Score some goals. Some people say a pitcher's duel is good. I agree. You have 2 guys dealing and not giving an inch. In Soccer nil-nill is not appetizing. It is not good defense being played but the lack of offense or interest in scoring.

Like in Hockey when up 2 goals one team starts to dump it and check. Trap at blue line etc. Just boring. Probably why NFL and NBA are always tops in my book. After that I hate to say it but Nascar then MLB. Sports where you cant stall, stop playing and basically end the game early by boring us.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 09:05 PM

can't agree with the title of your post........it's presumptuous to say "we".

The easy fix for soccer at all levels is to eliminate offside penalties...let 'em play on. The game will open up........the true athletes will shine...the fans will be happier than they ever were.....and all will be wonderful with the pessimistic ones.

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 03:40 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

well I thought it was safe to assume I meant the US. Not just the handful of people at Jockstocks. Soccer has tried and failed to become one of the big US sporting events. I 100% agree with the offsides. Put a line somewhere like hockey. It should not have anything to do with the back defender. I think as long as they are not in the box it should be ok.

I think it is up to the defense to defend and not some bogus rule.

Very good point Rich I actually meant to put the offsides in but you beat me to it. #1 reason for failure is no momentum of excitement.